YOU CAN’T SAY THAT: Politico’s banned words

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
In my new book, The Snowflakes’ Revolt, I examine how progressive millennials have infiltrated and influenced American media over the past decade, taking ideas from college campuses into the newsroom and pushing the editorial line further to the left than ever before. Among the many prominent organizations where this has happened is Politico. One sign of the shift at this Washington news mainstay came in December 2020, when staff revolted after conservative commentator Ben Shapiro guest-authored the outlet’s flagship newsletter, Playbook. A few months later newsroom activists, unsatisfied by Politico’s response to their concerns, quickly seized on a new culture war battle — transgender issues.

The showdown centered on a March 2021 article titled “GOP seizes on women’s sports as unlikely wedge issue.” The article, by political reporter Gabby Orr, explored how Republicans sought to position themselves as defenders of women’s sports against transgender athletes. The row over the article didn’t generate as many headlines as the bust-up over Shapiro, but internally it was a decisive moment that marked a sea change in how the publication reported the news.

As a source briefed on the situation explained to me, Orr was informed by Politico’s director of editorial diversity initiatives Robin Turner that two colleagues had voiced concerns about her story. Turner wanted to arrange a meeting to discuss them. During the meeting, Orr was asked about her employment history at the Washington Examiner, a center-right outlet, and asked why the story omitted any transgender voices — though it had extensively quoted Kate Oakley, senior counsel at the Human Rights Campaign, an activist organization dedicated to LGBTQ+ issues.

End Snip..

The words

• Mankind
  • Man-made
  • Manhunt
  • Crack the whip: unacceptable because of origins in slavery
  • Waiter or waitress: server should be used instead
  • Biological gender, biological sex, biological woman, biological female, biological man, or biological male
  • Illegal immigrant or illegal alien
  • Cake walk: “originated during slavery” and thus perpetuates “racist motifs”
  • In reference to illegal migration: onslaught, tidal wave, flood, inundation, surge, invasion, army, march, sneak and stealth
  • Anchor baby
  • Chain migration: this is a term used by “immigration hard-liners”
  • Peanut gallery: “the cheapest seats often occupied by Black people and people with low incomes”
  • Third-world countries: too “derogatory”
Read it all.

So do you think they'd let me get away with ?

Their are no third world countries only third world peoples

Or will I need multiple struggle sessions

C'mon WEF kill them ...kill them all

In my new book, The Snowflakes’ Revolt, I examine how progressive millennials have infiltrated and influenced American media over the past decade, taking ideas from college campuses into the newsroom and pushing the editorial line further to the left than ever before. Among the many prominent organizations where this has happened is Politico. One sign of the shift at this Washington news mainstay came in December 2020, when staff revolted after conservative commentator Ben Shapiro guest-authored the outlet’s flagship newsletter, Playbook. A few months later newsroom activists, unsatisfied by Politico’s response to their concerns, quickly seized on a new culture war battle — transgender issues.

The showdown centered on a March 2021 article titled “GOP seizes on women’s sports as unlikely wedge issue.” The article, by political reporter Gabby Orr, explored how Republicans sought to position themselves as defenders of women’s sports against transgender athletes. The row over the article didn’t generate as many headlines as the bust-up over Shapiro, but internally it was a decisive moment that marked a sea change in how the publication reported the news.

As a source briefed on the situation explained to me, Orr was informed by Politico’s director of editorial diversity initiatives Robin Turner that two colleagues had voiced concerns about her story. Turner wanted to arrange a meeting to discuss them. During the meeting, Orr was asked about her employment history at the Washington Examiner, a center-right outlet, and asked why the story omitted any transgender voices — though it had extensively quoted Kate Oakley, senior counsel at the Human Rights Campaign, an activist organization dedicated to LGBTQ+ issues.

End Snip..

The words

• Mankind
  • Man-made
  • Manhunt
  • Crack the whip: unacceptable because of origins in slavery
  • Waiter or waitress: server should be used instead
  • Biological gender, biological sex, biological woman, biological female, biological man, or biological male
  • Illegal immigrant or illegal alien
  • Cake walk: “originated during slavery” and thus perpetuates “racist motifs”
  • In reference to illegal migration: onslaught, tidal wave, flood, inundation, surge, invasion, army, march, sneak and stealth
  • Anchor baby
  • Chain migration: this is a term used by “immigration hard-liners”
  • Peanut gallery: “the cheapest seats often occupied by Black people and people with low incomes”
  • Third-world countries: too “derogatory”
Read it all.

So do you think they'd let me get away with ?

Their are no third world countries only third world peoples

Or will I need multiple struggle sessions

C'mon WEF kill them ...kill them all
The so called culture wars are just an extension of Marxism, grounded in Grandiose Narcissism(GN). Why self entitlement may/is one of the factors of the culture war narcissists, certainly overt antagonism(combative nature) also fuels the narcissists that push for endless conflict(power & control). Covert/Defensive(passive?) narcissism is used by the lefty dominant media outlets for sure as I have heard it used many many times. What the bottom line looks to be to me is these Marxist brainwashed lefties are becoming more overt on the attack as it suits their real desire for power & control through the means they favor the most, & that is CONFLICT. I truly believe they live for nothing more than conflict for the sake of conflict(insanity/war for the sake of war mentality). As far as wedge issues BOTH sides use them when convenient. Don't look for the statist left's combative nature to improve anytime in the near future.

Forum List

Back