What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrongly imprisoned 18 yrs? We'll free you if you promise not to sue us.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
Reaction score
Our legal system is the worst any country has ever known. Both bribing and threatening witnesses is legal and routine in our courts.

Wrongly In Prison For 18 Years, They Had To Promise NOT To Sue To Get Out | GOVERNMENT SLAVES

jan 30 2016 The price of freedom can be very steep in Alaska. Four innocent men, locked away for nearly two decades, had to sign away their rights to sue prosecutors who had wrongly charged them, in order to get out of prison.

The four were accused of beating 15-year-old John Hartman to death in Fairbanks in 1997, and the case generated much controversy in Alaska because all of them are Native-American.

They remained in prison even though the case against them fell apart in 2014, when a key government witness signed an affidavit saying that police coerced him into blaming the four and that he had made up the story. Two years earlier, a convicted killer had said he had seen someone else – and not the four men – commit the crime.

After the case collapsed, prosecutors who had been fighting to keep the men in prison made a deal,Newsweek reported. They would let them walk free instantly if they signed away the right to sue the state for prosecutorial misconduct. They were freed in December. Their convictions were vacated.

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Our legal system is the worst any country has ever known. Both bribing and threatening witnesses is legal and routine in our courts.

Wrongly In Prison For 18 Years, They Had To Promise NOT To Sue To Get Out | GOVERNMENT SLAVES

jan 30 2016 The price of freedom can be very steep in Alaska. Four innocent men, locked away for nearly two decades, had to sign away their rights to sue prosecutors who had wrongly charged them, in order to get out of prison.

The four were accused of beating 15-year-old John Hartman to death in Fairbanks in 1997, and the case generated much controversy in Alaska because all of them are Native-American.

They remained in prison even though the case against them fell apart in 2014, when a key government witness signed an affidavit saying that police coerced him into blaming the four and that he had made up the story. Two years earlier, a convicted killer had said he had seen someone else – and not the four men – commit the crime.

After the case collapsed, prosecutors who had been fighting to keep the men in prison made a deal,Newsweek reported. They would let them walk free instantly if they signed away the right to sue the state for prosecutorial misconduct. They were freed in December. Their convictions were vacated.

You have a sue culture, too many Trail Lawyers is the problem.

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
Reaction score

I would have stayed in jail.

Jackson

Gold Member
Reaction score

I am surprised you quoted this story. The wrongly convicted men were Native Americans. I would have expected you to say, "Indians" and claim they probably did commit the felony, just because they weren't white. Glad I was wrong.

Jarlaxle

Gold Member
Reaction score
I suspect they could sue and win anyway, on the grounds that the agreements were signed under duress.

I would not consider $100,000,000 an inappropriate award for punitive damages.

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Reaction score

You have a sue culture, too many Trail Lawyers is the problem.
Surely 18 years of life stolen demands recompense

This would not be a frivolous law suit by any stretch of the imagination

Spinster

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Our judicial system completely sucks.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
If I was in jail all them years for something I didn't do, there had better be some type of compensation given to me to make up for all of the time that was taken from me. If the compensation is given to me, then there won't be a reason for me to sue the authority figures.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Old Yeller

Gold Member
Reaction score
There is the camp..............."if they did not do this then they did something else and not caught". No one ever convicted is clean, innocent etc. not possible. No first timer (group of 4) gets convicted. maybe they have long rap sheet and were in or around something bad? just maybe? clean em' up.

OP
ShootSpeeders

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
Reaction score
[
I am surprised you quoted this story. The wrongly convicted men were Native Americans. I would have expected you to say, "Indians" and claim they probably did commit the felony, just because they weren't white. Glad I was wrong.

I know they are injuns and i'm all for injun rights. What i oppose is special treatment affirmative action for injuns.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$515.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List