Worst non-play in CF history

In 1993 - When #1 Notre Dame makes a great comeback against Boston College, take s the lead , then on BCs final drive - PETE BERCICH drops a chinch intercept - and BC goes on to score a final second FG.

Ever since - ND has been a struggling team instead of a top 5 team .

No guarentee Notre Dame would have defeated Florida St in a rematch had they taken care of business against Boston College. (although I think they would have)

Despite dominatating Florida State for 3 quarter s in 1993 - they would have be at LEAST a TD underdog in a rematch.

ND gets zilch respect .....................................................................

You could flip the otherside of the coin: that ND after beatingFlorida State decsivelt and gettingthe #1 ranking : had no business getting way behing a team, Boston College - that they beat by 30 points the year before.

CLASSIC LETDOWN. And Lou Holtz was aware letdowns. I am positiveche talked to the team about a letdown.

So letting BC get ahead and having to make a comeback - thats on them.

I think they would have beat Florida State in a rematch because ND matched up well wit hFlorida St - they were bigger and stronger and comporable in speed.

Remember - the y had a long winning streak against USC at the time.

They beat a decent Texas Aand M team in the Cottton Bowl - not as decisively as I would have liked.
Meanwhile - FSU struggled to beat a crummy Ne b team - some confusion at the end

IMO - ND won AT LEAST half of the NC in 1993.

Last edited:
Notre Damre would have defeated Florida St in a rematch in 1993 - because they were bigger and stronger. And comparable in speed.

And Kevin McDougall was a pinpoint passer.

But the media was determined to give GOOD OLD BOBBY BOWDEN a national championsj - so they dumped ND down in the polls after the last second loss to Boston College - so FSU could play a lessor tesam for the NC.

Last edited:
I went with the head-to-head standard.

In 1989: Miami and Notre Dame both finish 11-1 - but Miami gets theNC because they beat ND head-to-head. I was totally OK with that.

(Despite ND playing practicaly an NFL schedule)

But suddenly - in 1993 - head -to-head -doesnt mattewr so much anymore - like when ND decisively beats Florida St and FloridaSt gets the NC.

System Brokehn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I got some satisfaction when ngton snapped Miami's 58 game win streaK IN THE
OrangeBowl - IMO UW in 1991 would have been playing their 2nsd string in the second half against the Canes -

forced to share a NC with the smucks...............................................

OK - Ive hadmy rant about injusticesd one don to teams I root for.

Usually do it once a year to get itout of my system.

Fuck Florida St and Miami

Fuck Goood old Bowbby Bowdejnh

Fuck Joe Paterno

In 1993 - When #1 Notre Dame makes a great comeback against Boston College, take s the lead , then on BCs final drive - PETE BERCICH drops a chinch intercept - and BC goes on to score a final second FG.

Ever since - ND has been a struggling team instead of a top 5 team .

I'm not much of a CF fan, but I actually remember that game.

Incredibly riveting.

Fucking Bitches that punished ND in the polls and droped them from #1 to $5.

The Boston College loss in 1993 still hurts. About on a par with the 1978 loss at USC.

THE WORST ONE WAS THE 20-17 LOSS AT USC IN 1964.

Forum List

Back