Witness: Man angered by Texas deputies in yard killed them

Very unfortunate but, the LEO's were in the wrong from best I can tell.

It's possible that there's much more to the story than what I have read, which might drastically change how I would see it if I knew the whole story.

But from what terse account I've read, it certainly appears that these officers trespassed on this man's property, illegally, without a warrant, and then behaved in a threatening manner toward him when he demanded that they leave; possibly giving him just cause to use deadly force to defend himself. It does appear that there may be plenty of blame for both sides, in allowing what should have been a minor intrusion to escalate as it did, into a deadly incident.

EDEN, Texas (AP) — A West Texas man accused of fatally shooting two sheriff's deputies was angry they were in his yard trying to catch a dog and he told them he would open fire if they didn't leave, a witness said.

“They walked up towards him, rushed him, and he pulled a gun, and shots were fired,” David Hutchings told the San Angelo Standard-Times.

Whether he shooting is justified or not is hard to tell from the article.

But unless the officers had a warrant, Mr. Nicholas was well within his rights to demand that they get off his property.

And according to a witness, “They walked up towards him, rushed him, and he pulled a gun, and shots were fired…”

Not sure exactly what was meant by “…rushed him…”, but that sounds to me like an aggressive, offensive move, which, combined with the fact that those doing so would be presumed to be armed, would very possibly have given Mr. Nicholas reasonable cause to believe he was being attacked, that he was in danger of being killed or seriously injured by that attack, and therefore justified in the use of deadly force to defend himself.

This does seem like a rather absurd escalation from a minor intrusion to a deadly shooting, but my sense, off the top, is that Mr. Nicholas is not nearly as far in the wrong as he is being made out to be.
Cops really don't like being told they're trespassing, and to leave.

Perhaps not, but then there are those pesky Fourth and Fifth Amendments to our Constitution which establish that we have certain rights regarding our own property, and that there are very strict limits on their authority to intrude thereon. Anyone who is not willing to obey the law—especially the Constitution, which is the highest law—has no business being in law enforcement.

If it were me I'd have asked what they were doing in my yard, I wouldn't have gotten mad. If they said they were trying to catch a dog I'd have helped them.

But to just get mad right off the bat without finding out what was going on first there's no excuse for that.

Course this is what happens when you have politicians and a society screaming "fuck the police" for over a year.

Perhaps not, but then there are those pesky Fourth and Fifth Amendments to our Constitution which establish that we have certain rights regarding our own property, and that there are very strict limits on their authority to intrude thereon. Anyone who is not willing to obey the law—especially the Constitution, which is the highest law—has no business being in law enforcement.
I agree but....... who are you going to call to remove a cop trespassing on your property?

EDEN, Texas (AP) — A West Texas man accused of fatally shooting two sheriff's deputies was angry they were in his yard trying to catch a dog and he told them he would open fire if they didn't leave, a witness said.

“They walked up towards him, rushed him, and he pulled a gun, and shots were fired,” David Hutchings told the San Angelo Standard-Times.

The shooting happened Monday evening in Eden, a city of about 1,300 people roughly 210 miles (340 kilometers) southwest of Dallas. Officials say Concho County deputies Stephen Jones and Samuel Leonard were killed and city employee Ronnie Winans was injured.

Here is an example of a feral savage, thug, animal, etc. Let's see what some of USMBs anti-black posters think ie., Harmonica, Mac 7, Greenhornet, Bullshit Filter, Uncensored, JKnownothing, etc.
Hopefully he was shot dead. All violent criminals should die when they fight with cops.
Hope in one hand and shit in the other one and see which one fills up the fastest.
Ewww! Is THAT what you guys do? Thats fucking gross. :cuckoo:

The shooting happened Monday evening in Eden, a city of about 1,300 people roughly 210 miles (340 kilometers) southwest of Dallas. Officials say Concho County deputies Stephen Jones and Samuel Leonard were killed and city employee Ronnie Winans was injured.

Here is an example of a feral savage, thug, animal, etc. Let's see what some of USMBs anti-black posters think ie., Harmonica, Mac 7, Greenhornet, Bullshit Filter, Uncensored, JKnownothing, etc.
Damn sounds like a blm protest. Sucks to be you looking at the color of peoples skin all the time.

It has sucked since the first black folks got off the boat, our skin has been our sin in the eyes of racist like you.
Must suck to be you. I'm happy I just live my life with my fellow humans, no matter the color. Maybe you and Tigger could hook up and be forever miserable.

I am pretty sure you are happy to live in your lily white section of town with no worries in the world. Inspite of the bullshit the Lord has blessed me so I don't sweat racist like you.
You're hair ain't that great either. Kinda nappy.
It doesn't smell like a dog's when it gets wet.

Keep talkin like dat and biden will wanna sniff it. hehheh

but you might be ok wid dat....bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Maybe you can get Trump to smells yours, racist Trump Humper. Maybe just maybe he will come up and grab your pussy.
trump hasn't grabbed anyone's pussy who didn't want it grab-while the biden clan and bill clinton on the other hand have. (Obama being gay, can't be put into this group.)
Has he grabbed yours? How do you know Pres. Obama is gay, did you try and serve him up and he said, "NO".

Whether he shooting is justified or not is hard to tell from the article.

But unless the officers had a warrant, Mr. Nicholas was well within his rights to demand that they get off his property.

And according to a witness, “They walked up towards him, rushed him, and he pulled a gun, and shots were fired…”

Not sure exactly what was meant by “…rushed him…”, but that sounds to me like an aggressive, offensive move, which, combined with the fact that those doing so would be presumed to be armed, would very possibly have given Mr. Nicholas reasonable cause to believe he was being attacked, that he was in danger of being killed or seriously injured by that attack, and therefore justified in the use of deadly force to defend himself.

This does seem like a rather absurd escalation from a minor intrusion to a deadly shooting, but my sense, off the top, is that Mr. Nicholas is not nearly as far in the wrong as he is being made out to be.
So it is only black folks who are NEVER given a right to shoot a cop, but whites can be justified in doing so. I will keep that in mind.

Hopefully he was shot dead. All violent criminals should die when they fight with cops.
Hope in one hand and shit in the other one and see which one fills up the fastest.
Smell your hand and you will know which guys do that.

From your story it would appear the deputies had no guns drawn etc.
It's a classic example of a nut job having access to a gun and using it for no valid reason over a dog.
But it's not excessive guns in the community which is the problem. no siree. It was the dog.

You people need to smell your hands in order to know how often you shit in them? Eww, thats sick man.

So it is only black folks who are NEVER given a right to shoot a cop, but whites can be justified in doing so. I will keep that in mind.

I never said anything about race, nor do I consider race to be the least bit relevant. At the time that I wrote my remarks, I did not even know or care what the races were of those involved.

It's funny how obsessed those of you on the left wrong are with falsely accusing us on the right of being racist, but it is always your side that brings up race, and tries to make anything out as being about it. I think it is quite clear enough on which side the genuine racists stand.

You people need to smell your hands in order to know how often you shit in them? Eww, thats sick man.
Actually you do, you are the ones hoping and wishing.

I never said anything about race, nor do I consider race to be the least bit relevant. At the time that I wrote my remarks, I did not even know or care what the races were of those involved.

I know you don't, but racism is still relevant in today's society so some folks are considering it.
It's funny how obsessed those of you on the left wrong are with falsely accusing us on the right of being racist, but it is always your side that brings up race, and tries to make anything out as being about it. I think it is quite clear enough on which side the genuine racists stand.
It's even more funny that the racist remarks and actions come from the right, but you aren't racist.

From your story it would appear the deputies had no guns drawn etc.
It's a classic example of a nut job having access to a gun and using it for no valid reason over a dog.
But it's not excessive guns in the community which is the problem. no siree. It was the dog.
The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

It's even more funny that the racist remarks and actions come from the right…

LiarFace.png

You'll get NO ARGUMENT from any of us. That idiot is a savage, unreasonable dumbass and that is murder.

Now, quit being a fucking pawn for the Marxist assholes trying to overthrow your government.
He's in Texas.
On his property
He gave warning
How did he know they were REALLY LEO?
Why isn't he a Texas hero?

You'll get NO ARGUMENT from any of us. That idiot is a savage, unreasonable dumbass and that is murder.

Now, quit being a fucking pawn for the Marxist assholes trying to overthrow your government.
He's in Texas.
On his property
He gave warning
So are you saying if the police come to your house for a complaint, you can open up on them.

He's in Texas.
On his property
He gave warning
So are you saying if the police come to your house for a complaint, you can open up on them.
Not me.
No firearms here.
But
There is a 150 pound cast iron security door between me and them
I ask them why and if I'm not satisfied I remind them of the 15 security cameras surrounding the property
tell them to get out and close the door.

A "complaint" is not a reason for forced entry.
PARTICLUARLY a non-criminal complaint
Police don't get to access your property without:
A warrant;
Having seen a crime and knowing the perp is on the property;
Having reasonable cause to believe a felony is being committed and their immediate response is required; or
being invited.

In this case I was being sarcastic in pointing out that THIS IS TEXAS
and this type of firearm use is HONORED in Texas.
Just happy some of the stupid that is Texas gets jammed up their asses.

On the other hand, we lost 2 LEO. For that I am sorry.

Forum List

Back