Will these kinds of words console those who lost murdered loved ones in Moscow, ID?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
First of all, I've lived a relatively long time and have learned a lot living in this crazy ass world

So I do not say the following lightly:

I saw the father of the one victim on a news video some time ago and it was so painful.. I had to go to another story, didn't watch the whole thing. But then this recurring thought came to me, a thought I've had for many years:

It is normally better for someone to die young, as then it is more likely the person went to Heaven, or at least purgatory. The pictures I've seen of the victims... they all look so innocent and like really good people who really cared about one another. I am not their judge but I do know that the longer you live in this world, the higher the chances of losing your soul.. There's just so much evil, corruption, twisted-ness.. and you end up doing things just to get ahead or even just to get by and ... etc... etc.. One day you wake up and voila'... your soul is a darkened, twisted mess... Yeh, sure, a lot of people fight that process but who knows who will win the fight and who will not? Well we all know Who... He knows all...

The murderer, however, should get the death penalty

One of life's ironies. If you manage to survive long enough; something is bound to kill you...

Will anti-death penalty advocates change their minds in this case if he is convicted?
No!
Speaking for Canada, abolishing the death penalty is always a one-way street to civility and taking responsibility for society's social failure.

• Banned
No!
Speaking for Canada, abolishing the death penalty is always a one-way street to civility and taking responsibility for society's social failure.

so you agree w Canada?

Does canada have the death penalty anywhere?

I am more pro death penalty every time I hear about stories like Moscow, ID

so you agree w Canada?

Does canada have the death penalty anywhere?

I am more pro death penalty every time I hear about stories like Moscow, ID
Not as far as I know but the military may make an exception?
I wouldn't support any death penalty being imposed in Canada. The reason is as I've stated, that it's government shirking it's responsibility for what it's created.
Among other reasons.

Not as far as I know but the military may make an exception?
I wouldn't support any death penalty being imposed in Canada. The reason is as I've stated, that it's government shirking it's responsibility for what it's created.
Among other reasons.
oh, so it's the govt's fault when someone murders someone?

Actually, now that I think about it.. there is some truth to this. As stated elsewhere, there ws the case of the state removing children from their home over NOTHING and the children loved their mother/family and didn't want that but no one listened to what THEY wanted and one of the children ended up on death row.. so yeh... forget the argument I was about to make.

But still, that does not mean that the person who committed the crime that landed him on death row is without blame.

I am not against the death penalty. The Catholic Church (the REAL one) has never been against it. The novus ordo freaks are against the d-penalty in some cases.. totally figures.

the Francis sect is NOT at all the Catholic Church. Appearances are definitely deceiving in 2022 (and vis a vis the Catholic Church: ever since about 1963)

Forum List

Back