Why reverse racism can't exist

Chris Rock is a comedian.....I base none of my personal beliefs on anything he says to get a laugh.

I have seen so many definitions of racism. Older ones say it is discrimination and segregation. Newer ones define it as a more individual belief. I still believe racism is institutional and that prejudice is personal.

Oh, that's convenient that you've embraced the suddenly trendy liberal narrative that colored people can't be racist because they allegedly lack the institutional power.

They can be racist, but their racism lacks any power or influence over whites
Bullshit statement is bullshit.

Chris Rock is a comedian.....I base none of my personal beliefs on anything he says to get a laugh.

I have seen so many definitions of racism. Older ones say it is discrimination and segregation. Newer ones define it as a more individual belief. I still believe racism is institutional and that prejudice is personal.

Oh, that's convenient that you've embraced the suddenly trendy liberal narrative that colored people can't be racist because they allegedly lack the institutional power.

Racism and effects of racism are two different topics...

Putting that aside: :lmao: White liberals telling blacks that they're "powerless".
Very true

I can be a black student in a class
My teacher can be white

We might hate each other for our races

But the teacher can flunk me, and I have no power in return

Putting that aside: :lmao: White liberals telling blacks that they're "powerless".
Very true

My teacher can be white

Except that black teachers exist in damn near every school.

Black people have more power than they can even comprehend.

White people can't even have pro-white message boards....

Very true

My teacher can be white

Oh, so there's no such thing as black professors?

'm not saying I don't believe in your two examples, I'm just saying two anecdotes don't validate a policy affecting hundreds of millions.
Both Carson and Thomas are real people. Your anecdote is something you made up...a hypothesis.
No, dumbass, it's not. Or at least it doesn't have to be. First definition I found:
noun
  • 1A short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
But aside from that, AA as it relates to Blacks doesn't affect hundreds of millions. The entire. Black population is only 41 million.
If the white guy doesn't get the job, obviously it affects him, too. Don't be obtuse.

Even if it's only 41 million, that's hardly a good statistic (2 out of 41 million).
But here is the real question: why do you think Affirmative Action was necessary in the first place ?
Here is a clue:
Myth: Affirmative Action Disregards Merit
In a study on employment discrimination, potential employers prevented African-American job applicants from advancing to equivalent interviews or hiring levels as white applicants with the exact same qualifications at least twenty percent of the time.
I thought we were over this. The same "qualifications" might just mean they have met the requirements to apply. It doesn't necessarily mean the extra experience or other factors above and beyond minimum qualifications were the same.
Another study suggested that, "Hispanic testers were three times as likely to encounter unfavorable treatment when applying for jobs as were closely matched Anglos."
What does "closely matched" even mean? Does it mean they both have the same education, but the hispanic has 10 rape convictions, too? No really, what does it mean? What is the criteria for "closely matched?"
That's like saying playing the lottery is a good idea because these two people won
If you assume white men are only hired on" merit" that might hold water. But merit is such an ambiguous term it is useless except to identify something nebulous that you think minorities are bereft of. The analogy you concocted is misplaced. There could be thousands of Blacks with the same potential.
Lot's of maybes, not too many facts to support your policy.
And I'm still puzzled about the white women and hispanics. Could you elaborate on that?

Sure, no problem. What I'm saying is that white women, Hispanics and Asians were locked out of the skilled labor and proffessional job markets just like Blacks until AA loosened things up.
All benefitted but your focus is on Blacks...Why?
My first sentence in this thread:

So you're saying it's against white men?

Which was a response to your post. As you can see, I specifically mentioned gender as well.
Or you can just pretend you're right because I used the word "negro."
Did it make you feel superior somehow by using the N word?
Why would I need that to feel superior? I already know I'm superior.

Anyway, answer this: Even if whites are favored over truly equally qualified blacks (if that can even happen, how can two people have identical resumes, lives, and perform identically on the interview? Let's just assume it did happen just for now), what does AA really accomplish? At the end of the day, one equally qualified person will get the job and the other will not. Either way it sucks for the guy who didn't get it. Why are you so concerned with making sure the workplace is racially diverse? Should short people be a protected group? What about people with one testicle? What about bald people? Why are you making such a big deal out of making sure that out of 100 equal whites and 100 equal blacks going for 100 jobs that the jobs are filled in a way that is racially proportional to the population demographics? If blacks make up 20% of a country, do we have to make certain that every shop you visit that has 5 employees that precisely 1 is black? Why the hell does it matter so much? In a 50/50 country of blacks and whites, let's say you are picking a President and Prime Minister. Does one have to be white and the other black? What if I chime in and say it's more important to protect short people? WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT?!
Enough is enough...your entire post is so full of hate and misiformation there is no good reason to engage you further. You don't want a debate you came here to vent. But i did see something worthy of a response. Here is the exchange:

View attachment 146365
You are too damn stupid for words. I was talking specifically about YOUR anecdote being made up. ..and YOUR anecdote was indeed a hypothesis.
My anecdote was not hypothetical. Geesshhh. Do I have to guide you every step of the way? Bye fool.
Not sure what your problem is. I admit I misunderstood your sentence because I thought you were replying to what I said in a contrary manner. I guess you were in agreement with me there. Wonderful. Now you can move on and answer all the other points you dodged. Your anecdote is still meaningless except to prove a negro can be something more than a violent welfare recipient. Thanks. I never questioned that. Even your source doesn't appear to be certain it was due to affirmative action that he got in.

I believe that I benefited from affirmative action.

He goes on to say that he thinks that happened because he heard about his peers' accomplishments. So what? WTF does he know about their admissions process?

If you want to be a dick about putting words in people's mouth (which you did intentionally and I did accidentally because you replied in a nonsensical way), I'm still wondering where I posted this:

you would think AA dilutes merit in some way when it's applied to Blacks and not Hispanics or White women.

You know you put words in my mouth. So are you going to point out my spelling mistakes to prove your argument is better?

Very true

My teacher can be white

Oh, so there's no such thing as black professors?
There is. They're doing really well reducing crime in negro infester areas. Soon those will be the safest areas in the country. You just wait!

Forum List

Back