Why do the Koch brothers want to end public education?

education is what helped make this country great.

killing education will make us a third world country

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sYH6npvlIo&feature=player_detailpage]Judge Judy Here's Who We Support With Our Tax Money - YouTube[/ame]

Another fine accomplishment from the department of education

All these cement headed libs should be forced to watch this... like 100 times. By the time this nitwit graduates, we Will have spent well over $100,000 to create one more idiot who spends his life on the dole.

Pathetic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sYH6npvlIo&feature=player_detailpage]Judge Judy Here's Who We Support With Our Tax Money - YouTube[/ame]

All these cement headed libs should be forced to watch this... like 100 times. By the time this nitwit graduates, we Will have spent well over $100,000 to create one more idiot who spends his life on the dole.

Pathetic.

And tell us that no good teachers ever had this student in 13 years of school. Tell me it's ALL the teachers' and schools' fault.

I'm sure that this knucklehead's teachers have all had as much success with him as Judge Judy has. And I'm SURE the parents were SOOOOO helpful.

Last edited:

What hurt the education in this country?
dumb down the masses and they wonder now why we fell behind, They dont wonder they know exactly why we are behind and whos behind it

The Koch Brothers are capitalists and may be concerned that the public schools have become indoctrination camps for the 'social justice' crowd.
Or, maybe they are opposed to pubic education, something I learned quite well on my own.

Last edited:
There are three pieces to this assault on public education. Private vs public, educational material control, and a particular power they want removed from the federal government so they control it locally. In a sense they are closely tied together. Private school vouchers support an elitist worldview that believes they know best what education should consist of, and they want to remove government controls so they can control curriculum.

That garbage is straight out of the teachers union propaganda playbook. Vouchers have NOTHING to do with elitism - they assure that a student doesn't have to stay in a failed government school, and can attend schools which do the job. In fact, the above statement turns truth on its head - its leftwingers who are the elitists, and they want to take advantage of their captive audience to instill leftwing ideas in children from their earliest years, instead of focussing on trhe real education that they were chartered to teach.

Consider the recent and continuing banning of Vonnegut's 'Slaughterhouse Five.' Conservatives have a worldview that requires isolation from the openness of a liberal education. They have fought it for many years now. It is this mixture of elements and values that make the issue so hard to fathom.

Leftwingers have snatched a wide range of books from school shelves, including (gasp!) the always dangerous Mark Twain. :lol: Leftwingers have also snatched a lot from school history books about america's achievements, focussing on failures and persons critical of the US.

Schools become more conservative as funding goes to voucher systems and schools with diverse points of view are marginalized.

NONSENSE. In a universally privatized system, a wide variety of schools would exist - and again this is standing truth on its head - leftwingers want only ideologically pure leftwing Pee See viewpoints in school books.

Students learn revisionist history.

........in liberal schoolbooks - the infamous culling of "dead white males" from history books, in favor of minorities, just because they are minorities - look at it as a kind of "historical affirmative action". :lmao:

Last edited:
Judge Judy Here's Who We Support With Our Tax Money - YouTube

Pathetic.

And tell us that no good teachers ever had this student in 13 years of school. Tell me it's ALL the teachers' and schools' fault.

I'm sure that this knucklehead's teachers have all had as much success with him as Judge Judy has. And I'm SURE the parents were SOOOOO helpful.

I'd bet this is more and more the norm coming out of public schools.... for whatever reason. I didn't let my kids get anywhere near a public school.

Pathetic.

I'd bet this is more and more the norm coming out of public schools.... for whatever reason. I didn't let my kids get anywhere near a public school.

Well, if you're going to bet, sure....I'll take a piece of that.

Now...prove that the norm is like that guy on Judge Judy.

Just go to YOUTUBE and watch WAITING FOR SUPERMAN. and you will see how the schools are not doing good and its a teacher problem . We throw so much money into the schools because the teachers say that they need more money and we are getting the same results. The Tenure teachers can not be fired. If a person tries to fire them they go to their union and get rehired pretty much no matter what they do. In the documentary kids took in hidden cameras and the kids sat in the class and played craps,cards run around while the teacher is reading a paper or talking on a cell phone. I am not saying all tenure teachers are bad but they need to be able to fire the bad teachers period!!

I agree but the whole school system shouldnt be attacked because of a few bad teachers. And just because the guy in that video is a POS doesnt mean no one should have access to welfare.
Yeah if it was just one teacher. It was more then one .. Several superintendents were on there saying the same thing watch the movie. ever heard of the lemon dance!!

Because they are the haves. ANd the more "haves" that are out there the more they are threatened. The Koch brothers are a threat to this country.

Judge Judy Here's Who We Support With Our Tax Money - YouTube

I really wish I hadn't watched that. How absolutely depressing. What the fuck are we creating? :evil:

I am gonna have to re-evaluate my support for public education.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I like that judge. "Seventy thousand dollars just pissed away" and then she mutters "moron"
The guy in that video is a prime example why our entitlements are out of control. He still not understand why the judge was upset he wasnt paying his rent money for rent and he spent in on his self and the way he rubbed his nose I am suspected not something legal:eusa_whistle:

I watched waiting for superman. Yes blame the teachers. They are easy scapegoats. Truth is the american public is too STUPID to know a good one from a bad one.

Why should government be envolved in education?

We have "separation of church and state", yet churches thrive.

We should have a separation of schools and state for the same reason. Government should not be allowed to be in a position control our children and our education. Education should be free of government corruption and inefficiency.

Because every country that is kicking our ass educationally is even more involved governmentally in education than we are.

I watched waiting for superman. Yes blame the teachers. They are easy scapegoats. Truth is the american public is too STUPID to know a good one from a bad one.

Well, its not all teachers . I really blame the unions because we cant WEED out the bad ones.My son wants to be a teacher( in college now preparing for it) and god bless him. He also wants to be one for middle school kids. He feels he can make a difference in their life before they head off to highschool

Forum List

Back