Why 60 Votes ?

cons are all about playing by the rules, until they can't win by the rules

then they whine and cheat or change the rules if they think they can get away with it

fuck em
Hopefully you also recognize that Dems do the same thing...

remind me when the dems refused to give a scotus nominee a hearing

i'll wait

alternatively, you can run out another whatabout
View attachment 175660
www.politifact.com
Republicans cited a 1992 speech by then-senator Joe Biden, arguing that if a Supreme Court seat became vacant during the summer, President Bush should wait until after the election to appoint a replacement, or else appoint a moderate acceptable to the then-Democratic Senate; Republicans termed this principle the "Biden ...

from your link

Biden's floor speech was on June 25, 1992, more than three months later in the election cycle than it is now.

There was no Supreme Court vacancy to fill.

There was no nominee to consider.

The Senate never took a vote to adopt a rule to delay consideration of a nominee until after the election.

so, just to recap- there is no biden rule and mcconnell remains full of shit

as do you
It is the thought that counts.

have one and i'll count it

It seems to me that an awful lot of bad stuff is being laid on us American people, just because of a rule that US Senate votes must be 60 votes to pass legislation. It ought to be that majority (51%) rules, and 51 votes should be enough to pass a bill.

Up to now, we are having to kowtow to brain-damaged Democrats over mass deportation of illegal aliens (should have been done years ago), the border wall, chain migration, Muslim ban, and a dozen other things.

This government is one of the most dysfunctional things I've ever seen. The will of millions of people/voters is often erased by one man (federal judges), and nutjob liberals hold the whole country hostage to their anti-American ideas, because of a dopey rule in the US Senate.

By this time, a lot of things that should have gotten done, haven't.

1. We should have gotten rid of ALL illegal aliens (including the mouthy DACAs)

2. Sanctuary city leaders should all be in prison.

3. Affirmative action should have been banned in all 50 states (currently banned in only 8)

4. Immigration should be on a tight merit basis (absolutely no Muslims)

5. Islam should be abolished (no mosques, no Korans)

6. Gun-free zones should be a thing of the Obama past

7. CCW should be the law nationwide

8. Death penalty should be in all 50 states (3 year maximum on appeals)

9. California should be booted out of the US.

How the hell do we have a Republican president, Republican majorities in both houses of Congress, Republican SCOTUS, and yet we struggle with looney Democrats over everything ? Time to reassess, and make fundamental CHANGES.
Turn the "In Crowd" Inside Out

Time to get more populist Republican candidates, or even Democrats who don't worship the spoiled elitist Left and their snobbish agenda.

It seems to me that an awful lot of bad stuff is being laid on us American people, just because of a rule that US Senate votes must be 60 votes to pass legislation. It ought to be that majority (51%) rules, and 51 votes should be enough to pass a bill.

Up to now, we are having to kowtow to brain-damaged Democrats over mass deportation of illegal aliens (should have been done years ago), the border wall, chain migration, Muslim ban, and a dozen other things.

This government is one of the most dysfunctional things I've ever seen. The will of millions of people/voters is often erased by one man (federal judges), and nutjob liberals hold the whole country hostage to their anti-American ideas, because of a dopey rule in the US Senate.

3. Affirmative action should have been banned in all 50 states (currently banned in only 8)

How the hell do we have a Republican president, Republican majorities in both houses of Congress, Republican SCOTUS, and yet we struggle with looney Democrats over everything ? Time to reassess, and make fundamental CHANGES.

You are the looney tune. If we took your route, it would be in the direction of Nazi Germany. You are a hateful bigot and it is people like you we need to get rid of.

It's because we're a republic, not a democracy. The Trumpistas have repeatedly reminded us of that. Did you not get the memo?

The answer is we don’t need 60 votes to pass the budget. Only need 51, but if the minority filibuster it, it won’t go to a vote. It’s a rule that should be done away with. The GOP are cowards for not enacting the nuclear option and just passing the bills they otherwise can pass.

Sure they do. That's why majority of Americans voted for Donald Trump.

Again this bullshit?????..........Stick with the electoral college, since, "the majority of Americans" DID NOT VOTE for the orange clown.

Yes, moron. 30 of 50 states chose President Trump over Cankles. Three million Mexicans and other foreigners don’t count as “Americans”.

Mitch McConnel is intentionally trying to slow The Trump Agenda down, while appearing to attempt to follow through on his agenda.

They can suspend this 60 vote rule at any time. IN FACT, I'd say it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL, and needs to be removed.

Forum List

Back