Who Were The Best Warner Brothers Characters?

Who were the best WB cartoon characters?

• Bugs Bunny

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Daffy Duck

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Foghorn Leghorn, Miss Prissy, Egghead Jr. & Henry Hawk

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Porky Pig

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Elmer Fudd

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Sylvester, Tweety Bird & Granny

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Yosemite Sam

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • The Goofie Gophers

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The Roadrunner & Wile E. Coyote

• Tasmanian Devil

• Marvin Martian

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Sam Sheepdog

• The Magpies Heckle & Jeckle (actually part of Terrytoons but I'll include them here)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Barnyard Dawg (always fighting with Foghorn)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Pepe Le Pew

• Total voters

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
I see in another thread the Warner Brothers were the most popular cartoons. They were among the most popular with me as well. They pretty much started in the 30s with Merrie Melodies and evolved into the most popular Bugs, Daffy, etc., thru the 40s and well beyond. Collectively, I think they were the best cartoon series/package concept ever created, and part of their success was not only the amazing writing and hilarity of the stories, and the wonderful art department drawing of the characters, but the magnificent vocalization of their voices all pretty much almost singularly by the talented Mel Blanc.

Some of the big names associated with these cartoons which many went on to spin off their own popular competing cartoons as well include:

David Depatie
Friz Freleng / I. Freleng
Tex Avery / Fred Avery
Bob Clampett
Robert McKimson
Bea Benaderet (also voice of Betty Rubble and on Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat junction)
Mel Blanc
Dawes Butler (also did Flintstones characterizations)
June Foray (also the voice of Rocky The Flying Squirrel and Cindy Lou Who)
and Carl Stalling (did most of the musical scores)

Much of this stuff was actually big time animation made for theatrical release (they used to show cartoons before movies).

Tasmanian Devil rules.

Would have cast a vote for the Roadrunner if he was listed by himself.

Founder of the #MeToo movement and Bill Clinton's personal role-model.

pepe-le-pew-2.jpg

Tasmanian Devil rules.

Would have cast a vote for the Roadrunner if he was listed by himself.

The coyote was the much more interesting character. The Roadrunner was the Teller to his Penn Jillette.

Choices, choices, choices......I know it's says multiple votes allowed...but I loved every one of those characters but it doesn't seem right to vote for all of them. Though I will say I do have a soft spot for Taz, just because that was my nickname :dev2:

The Pepe le Pew cartoons weren't the least bit funny.

Years ago a friend of mine gave me a bunch of these big Warner Bros. character stickers and I stuck them all on the barrel of one of my concrete mixer trucks. Except for Pepe le Pew, because he was just stupid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back