Where's CG? From Red Carpet to Red Soles

Chicks and shoes...:rolleyes:

Just sayin'.

ROTFL.gif
oh hell yeah....thats Jillians longest post in 2 years.........shoes!!
loopy.gif

i have plenty longer.

i just don't bother when there's no convo to be had. plus, IP was a big part of my practice. it happens to be an area that interests me.... unlike the pointless blathering of obama deranged lunatics.

Yeah, there's an abundance of that around here!

Some people will yammer all day long and still say nothing worthwhile, so go figure... :lol:

I'm backing Louboutins! One must have one's trademark red soles! I'm right, aren't I, mo chara?

i think the southern district judge had no clue what thenature of the red soles is. the court seemed to ignore the registration of the mark, which generally carries great weight initially. they were also overbroad in defining what was being sought and seemed to think louboutin was trying to keep st laurent from using the color red. obviously, they need an education in shoes. if it were my case, i'd argue that the laquered red soles made louboutins instantly identifiable so had taken on a secondary meaning beyond the color. I would also point out that the use of laquered red soles by any company other than louboutin would totally and completely devalue the mark and the product carrying it.

clearly someone needs to educate DCJ Marrero that the shiny red soles need to be protected in the same way that coke and pepsi need their marks protected. if you notice, tiffany's filed an amicus on louboutin's side... can you imagine if every jeweler decided to use the baby blue box? :eusa_whistle:

Precisely! Well put, Lawyer Lady. It is absolutely fundamental to Louboutin's to protect their trademark red sole. I totally love that flash of vamp red!

Dammmmit to hell and back.... St L's are just pissed cuz they didn't think of such a brilliant move!

California Girl said:
Precisely! Well put, Lawyer Lady. It is absolutely fundamental to Louboutin's to protect their trademark red sole. I totally love that flash of vamp red!

Dammmmit to hell and back.... St L's are just pissed cuz they didn't think of such a brilliant move!

heck. I'm sorry I didn't think of it. Lol

ROTFL.gif
loopy.gif

:rolleyes: Blind much...?

i know. one would think a real moderator would see an interseting conversaton happening and not troll it.

ah well...

it was actually a joke, you know the emoticons and all I went and found outside the site to try and convey the meaning, ah well.

gratuitous mod comment noted, for shame....:lol:

I'm backing Louboutins! One must have one's trademark red soles! I'm right, aren't I, mo chara?

i think the southern district judge had no clue what thenature of the red soles is. the court seemed to ignore the registration of the mark, which generally carries great weight initially. they were also overbroad in defining what was being sought and seemed to think louboutin was trying to keep st laurent from using the color red. obviously, they need an education in shoes. if it were my case, i'd argue that the laquered red soles made louboutins instantly identifiable so had taken on a secondary meaning beyond the color. I would also point out that the use of laquered red soles by any company other than louboutin would totally and completely devalue the mark and the product carrying it.

clearly someone needs to educate DCJ Marrero that the shiny red soles need to be protected in the same way that coke and pepsi need their marks protected. if you notice, tiffany's filed an amicus on louboutin's side... can you imagine if every jeweler decided to use the baby blue box? :eusa_whistle:

it is most definitely not baby blue... it is robins egg blue..... please no disrespecting the blue.

Yep. I concur.... robins egg blue is the color.

California Girl said:

heck. I'm sorry I didn't think of it. Lol

Yep. They are the Nike of Shoes for Real Women. That red sole is like the Nike check mark. You know they are Louboutins by the sole. Brilliant marketing strategy. No wonder other labels are pissed.

2,800,000,000, that;s 2.8 billion pairs of shoes were sold in the USA last year....that's about 7- 8 pairs plus bought per person....

It's an awesome industry/business!

There's no business like Shoe Business! :D

:rolleyes: Blind much...?

i know. one would think a real moderator would see an interseting conversaton happening and not troll it.

ah well...

it was actually a joke, you know the emoticons and all I went and found outside the site to try and convey the meaning, ah well.

gratuitous mod comment noted, for shame....:lol:

It has been noted- Trajan + emoticons = SPAZ! :razz:

it has been noted- shoes + women = madness....:razz:

Chicks and shoes...:rolleyes:

Just sayin'.

ROTFL.gif
loopy.gif

And that is a problem?

Besides, it's not about the shoes, it's about the trademark red sole. You clearly know nothing of the importance of Louboutins!

I know. It just cracks me up that it's such a big industry and now we've got legal IP battles over sole color. Sole color!

I think the precedent ya'all are looking for is Owens Corning re: The color pink.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww]Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - YouTube[/ame]

Babel%20Platform%20Leather%20Black.jpg

2,800,000,000, that;s 2.8 billion pairs of shoes were sold in the USA last year....that's about 7- 8 pairs plus bought per person....

It's an awesome industry/business!

There's no business like Shoe Business! :D

i have 6 pairs of uggs alone.

and heaven knows how many pairs of pumps

and platforms

and boots

and

and

and

ok... my name is jillian and i'm a shoe-a-holic

ROTFL.gif
loopy.gif

And that is a problem?

Besides, it's not about the shoes, it's about the trademark red sole. You clearly know nothing of the importance of Louboutins!

I know. It just cracks me up that it's such a big industry and now we've got legal IP battles over sole color. Sole color!

I think the precedent ya'all are looking for is Owens Corning re: The color pink.

the thing is, this particular brand of shoes costs a fortune. why? because when people look at you and see the red soles, they know exactly what you're wearing and how expensive the shoes are.

i know... seems shallow, but the shoes are gorgeous.

Forum List

Back