What kind of pussy censors another human beings words?

See the thing inherent in the concept of free speech is, you have to be willing to hear what you do not want to hear in order to say what you want to say.

That is the way free speech works.

Try walking into a police station and screaming, "I'm going to KILL you," to the nearest cop. Try that. Obviously "free speech" has it's limits. You can't just say what you want, when you want, where you want. Absolute, unrestricted speech has never been allowed, for good reason. What you say can have consequences.

See the thing inherent in the concept of free speech is, you have to be willing to hear what you do not want to hear in order to say what you want to say.

:clap2:

People who seek to silence those they disagree with - no matter how abhorrent their views - do more harm to freedom than the opinions of those whose opinions they dislike.

I think Voltaire got it right.... "I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it."

islamdeathrights.gif

Try walking into a police station and screaming, "I'm going to KILL you," to the nearest cop. Try that. Obviously "free speech" has it's limits. You can't just say what you want, when you want, where you want. Absolute, unrestricted speech has never been allowed, for good reason. What you say can have consequences.

Yea, but... what if it's - say - racists on a message board. Should the Admin ban those people just because most of us would find their views abhorrent? I say no. I like my racists where I can see 'em... out in the open. That way, I can choose to try to understand why they are such total fucking morons.

Yea, but... what if it's - say - racists on a message board. Should the Admin ban those people just because most of us would find their views abhorrent? I say no. I like my racists where I can see 'em... out in the open. That way, I can choose to try to understand why they are such total fucking morons.

My point was mainly that you can't openly run your mouth and threaten to kill someone, unless it's a liberal writing a book about assassinating President Bush of course.

My point was mainly that you can't openly run your mouth and threaten to kill someone, unless it's a liberal writing a book about assassinating President Bush of course.

Well, certain people hide behind 'fiction'. I personally find it abhorrent that someone would even think to write a fictional account of the assassination of a living person. That's some sick shit. In fact, to me, I'd say it sails close to the line of 'incitement', but that's just my gut opinion.

Well, certain people hide behind 'fiction'. I personally find it abhorrent that someone would even think to write a fictional account of the assassination of a living person. That's some sick shit. In fact, to me, I'd say it sails close to the line of 'incitement', but that's just my gut opinion.

Exactly, and that's against the law too.

I work in violent job Pale Rider, a good cop or mind can figure out the difference between idiot speech and a real threat.

This is the art of being a man.

Forum List

Back