Zone1 What Is Meant When a White Person Calls Another White Person "White Trash"?

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
I've always assumed that the admonishment had to do with "class" or lack thereof and I'm not referring strictly to social-economic "class".

This is a sincere inquiry because there are certain inferences that can be drawn but since I'm not White I can't really say with any certainty.

I've always assumed that the admonishment had to do with "class" or lack thereof and I'm not referring strictly to social-economic "class".

This is a sincere inquiry because there are certain inferences that can be drawn but since I'm not White I can't really say with any certainty.
Isn't that a foolish question? Why even ask it?

White trash are whites who have no self-respect and act like trash. Low-life scum in other words.

Wow, good question.

I'm a native New Yorker. I left there in 1981 when I joined the Navy. I pretty much spent the next 30 years in San Diego. After losing my wife to a drunk driver I relocated myself and my business to Florida.

I honestly don't believe that I'd experienced "white trash" until I moved to Florida.

For me, anyone who has more tattoos than teeth is white trash. Anyone who doesn't put their family first is white trash.

When it comes to men, someone who cares more about his pick-up than his family is white trash. Someone who doesn't have a job, while his wife has three, is white trash. I've got a buddy who's got no job, a couple side-hustles, and a $40,000 Harley in his driveway. He's a nice guy, but he's most definitely white trash.

For women, someone who has babies just to get more gub'mint assistance is white trash. Someone who sleeps around in the hopes of getting pregnant so she can have more babies to get the aforementioned gub'mint assistance is white trash. Someone who smokes a cigarette while breastfeeding her baby or driving in a car with a child is white trash. Anyone who serves the kids a steady diet of Hot Pockets and Bagel Bites is white trash.

Honestly, I never really thought about it much...

Last edited:
A white person without class, that is foul mouthed, acts uneducated and is just looking for trouble.

That's pretty much it. Although, socio-economic status is primary. Synonyms for "Whiskey Tango" include (but are not limited to), "Trailer-Trash", "Redneck", Hillbilly", "Hick", "Clod-Hopper", "Bumpkin", "Hayseed".

"White trash" is a description of a Caucasian person or family that utterly rejects middle-class values. They disdain education, work, cleanliness, sanitation, monogamous marriage, proper use of language, and dental care. They usually reside in a decrepit mobile home that is "decorated" with pizza boxes, beer bottles or cans, and their primary vehicle is a pickup truck that is worth more than the trailer in which they reside. Males invariably have a police record of petty crime and domestic strife.

Hey, wait a second! I"m describing MYSELF!

Rednecks are fine. White trash is not. Has nothing to do with class, or education. Has everything to do with how they live their lives.

It is usually a combination of socio-economic status as well as a "lack of class". For example you might be White and live in a trailer, but that is different than being deemed White trailer trash.

White trash are whites who have no self-respect and act like trash. Low-life scum in other words.
1664248067600.png

It means that person is a low class slack jawed Confederate flag wearing piece of shit with no education and no prospects.

Forum List

Back