What If US Electrical Grid Collapses ? What Do You Do ?

In the case of an EMP, it's more than just an electrical grid collapse. Many electronic circuits will be fried to useless. Your motor vehicle, built within the past 30 years or so, will have it's electronic ignition systems toasted and become non-functional. Similar with many modern appliances. And of course many modern aircraft~airliners will have non-functioning controls.

Not a thorough article, but a start;

Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Weapons Explained: How Do They Work?​

It's even further back than 30 years. The first electronic ignition systems were built in 1968. I think GM started them in the early 70s.

I'm not sure if all of what we read is about EMP attacks is correct. Some of it may be outdated, and some reports conflict with other reports. One report I read said that generators and batteries would be fried and unusable. I'm not sure about that.

There are some reports that say that all cars will stop running, while other says only some % will fail.

Some reports say supermarkets will shut down as food wont be delivered, and massive riots and civil disorder will occur as people begin starving. New York city has 32,000 police , but a population of 8 million. That is .004 cops relative to residents.

If social anarchy does ensue, New York and other blue city residents, disarmed by their politicians, and unable to defend themselves against starving mobs, will be eliminated in the early stages, while even a few armed people will not survive.

Forum List

Back