Welcome to Stalin World

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.

2 Chronicles 7:14-15

Now let us meet the "real Josef Stalin" and compare this with the theme park that portrays him as some sort of hero. Nothing could be further from the truth. The man was a diabolical monster. Please listen to the testimonies of the survivors and learn the truth about Stalin's Communist fist that beat down men, women and children of the Ukraine into forced starvation. There is only one brand of Communism and this is it!

Warning - Graphic photographs of starving men, women and children

Last edited:
(as remembered by Hanna Doroshenko)

"What I saw that morning ... was inexpressibly horrible. On a battlefield men die quickly, they fight back ... Here I saw people dying in solitude by slow degrees, dying hideously, without the excuse of sacrifice for a cause. They had been trapped and left to starve, each in his own home, by a political decision made in a far-off capital around conference and banquet tables. There was not even the consolation of inevitability to relieve the horror."

(as remembered by Victor Kravchenko, a Soviet defector who wrote up his experiences of life in the Soviet Union and as a Soviet official, especially in his 1946 book "I Chose Freedom". "I Chose Freedom" containing extensive revelations on collectivization, Soviet prison camps and the use of slave labor came at a time of growing tension between the Warsaw Pact nations and the West. His death from bullet wounds in his apartment remains unclarified, though it was officially ruled a suicide. His son Andrew continues to believe he was the victim of a KGB execution.)

"From 1931 to 1934 we had great harvests. The weather conditions were great. However, all the grain was taken from us. People searched the fields for mice burrows hoping to find measly amounts of grain stored by mice..."

(as remembered by Mykola Karlosh)

"I still get nauseous when I remember the burial hole that all the dead livestock was thrown into. I still remember people screaming by that hole. Driven to madness by hunger people were ripping the meat of the dead animals. The stronger ones were getting bigger pieces. People ate dogs, cats, just about anything to survive."

(as remembered by Vasil Boroznyak)

"People were dying all over our village. The dogs ate the ones that were not buried. If people could catch the dogs they were eaten. In the neighboring village people ate bodies that they dug up."

(as remembered by Motrya Mostova)

"I’m asking for your permission to advance me any amount of grain. I’m completely sick. I don’t have any food. I’ve started to swell up and I can hardly move my feet. Please don’t refuse me or it will be too late."

(From a petition to the authorities by P. Lube)

"In the spring when acacia trees started blooming everyone began eating their flowers. I remember that our neighbor who didn’t have her own acacia tree climbed on ours and I went to tell my mother that she was eating our flowers. My mother only smiled sadly."

(as remembered by Vasil Demchenko)

"Of our neighbors I remember all the Solveiki family died, all of the Kapshuks, all the Rahachenkos too - and the Yeremo family - three of them, still alive, were thrown into the mass grave…"

(as remembered by Ekaterina Marchenko)

"Where did all bread disappear, I do not really know, maybe they have taken it all abroad. The authorities have confiscated it, removed from the villages, loaded grain into the railway coaches and took it away someplace. They have searched the houses, taken away everything to the smallest thing. All the vegetable gardens, all the cellars were raked out and everything was taken away.

Wealthy peasants were exiled into Siberia even before Holodomor during the “collectivization”. Communists came, collected everything. Children were crying beaten for that with the boots. It is terrifying to recall what happened. It was so dreadful that every day became engraved in my memory. People were lying everywhere as dead flies. The stench was awful. Many of our neighbors and acquaintances from our street died.

I have no idea how I managed to survive and stay alive. In 1933 we tried to survive the best we could. We collected grass, goose-foot, burdocks, rotten potatoes and made pancakes, soups from putrid beans or nettles.

Collected gley from the trees and ate it, ate sparrows, pigeons, cats, dead and live dogs. When there was still cattle, it was eaten first, then - the domestic animals. Some were eating their own children, I would have never been able to eat my child. One of our neighbours came home when her husband, suffering from severe starvation ate their own baby-daughter. This woman went crazy.

People were drinking a lot of water to fill stomachs, that is why the bellies and legs were swollen, the skin was swelling from the water as well. At that time the punishment for a stolen handful of grain was 5 years of prison. One was not allowed to go into the fields, the sparrows were pecking grain, though people were not allowed."

(From the memories of Olexandra Rafalska, Zhytomir)

"A boy, 9 years old, said: "Mother said, 'Save yourself, run to town.' I turned back twice; I could not bear to leave my mother, but she begged and cried, and I finally went for good."

(Recollected by an observer simply known as Dr. M.M.)

"At that time I lived in the village of Yaressky of the Poltava region. More than a half of the village population perished as a result of the famine. It was terrifying to walk through the village: swollen people moaning and dying. The bodies of the dead were buried together, because there was no one to dig the graves.

There were no dogs and no cats. People died at work; it was of no concern whether your body was swollen, whether you could work, whether you have eaten, whether you could – you had to go and work. Otherwise – you are the enemy of the people.

Many people never lived to see the crops of 1933 and those crops were considerable. A more severe famine, other sufferings were awaiting ahead. Rye was starting to become ripe. Those who were still able made their way to the fields. This road, however, was covered with dead bodies, some could not reach the fields, some ate grain and died right away. The patrol was hunting them down, collecting everything, trampled down the collected spikelets, beat the people, came into their homes, seized everything. What they could not take – they burned."

(From the memories of Galina Gubenko, Poltava region)

"The famine began. People were eating cats, dogs in the Ros’ river all the frogs were caught out. Children were gathering insects in the fields and died swollen. Stronger peasants were forced to collect the dead to the cemeteries; they were stocked on the carts like firewood, than dropped off into one big pit. The dead were all around: on the roads, near the river, by the fences. I used to have 5 brothers. Altogether 792 souls have died in our village during the famine, in the war years – 135 souls"

(As remembered by Antonina Meleshchenko, village of Kosivka, region of Kyiv)

"I remember Holodomor very well, but have no wish to recall it. There were so many people dying then. They were lying out in the streets, in the fields, floating in the flux. My uncle lived in Derevka – he died of hunger and my aunt went crazy – she ate her own child. At the time one couldn’t hear the dogs barking – they were all eaten up.”

(From the memories of Galina Smyrna, village Uspenka of Dniepropetrovsk region)

holodomor-footer.jpg

Holodomor Eyewitness Accounts

-45906_ORIGINAL.jpg

Ewdokia Opariek and her daughter Natalie Diduch, both of Fonthill, share their family's story of the Holodomor in an effort to raise awareness about the famine that killed millions of Ukrainians in 1932 and 1933. (ERICA BAJER/QMI Agency)​

Welland - PELHAM - Ewdokia Opariek's family wasn't just starved during the Ukrainian famine known as Holodomor, it was torn apart.

The 86-year-old Fonthill resident was only eight when a communist regime manufactured a famine to force Ukrainians to succumb to Soviet rule and work on collective farms.

She remembers it vividly.

"They took everything to the last seed, they even swept it up with a broom," she said in recalling the day in 1932 when a group of communist villagers swarmed her family homestead, broke into their food storage shed and robbed them of their fall harvest.

Her mother wept, pleaded and pulled out her own hair, begging them to spare some food for her daughter and two sons.

"Look at these children, they're gonna die from hunger," Opariek remembers her mother crying. "Don't take everything."

The young girl's father wasn't there to intervene, he had fled after being jailed once for refusing to give up his family's food.

But Opariek said it was her father who kept them from starving like so many other Ukrainians. It's estimated more than seven million people died during the 1932-1933 Holodomor.

"Sometimes, at night, he would come and bring us half a sack of potatoes or seeds," she said.

She said her father made the family a makeshift mill to grind seeds into flour. When word spread to other families, they would come to use the mill in exchange for a handful of seeds.

Opariek said when the famine was at its worst people ate grass, leaves and even their pets.

This is Holodomor Awareness Week, a time when Canadian Ukrainians commemorate the famine in an effort to educate and inform people, said Maryann Kobzan-Diakow of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress of St. Catharines. She said there's a large local Ukrainian population.

This week, a display of 33 black flags representing those who died during the famine will fly in front of St. John the Theologian Ukrainian Catholic Church on Lakeshore Rd. in St. Catharines.

"If we forget about these kinds of things, we do such an injustice to everyone," she said. "The truth needs to be told."

Opariek said she wanted to share her story to shed light on the atrocities so many of her countrymen faced as a result of communism.

Her struggle didn't end with the Holodomor.

In 1934, Opariek said her father returned home to take her two little brothers to another village. He told her mother to go with Opariek to one of the collective farms to work.

The family never reunited.

At the collective farm, where the animals ate better than the workers, Opariek said her mother was in charge of feeding pigs. She often pilfered from the pigs to feed her daughter, who wasn't given the measly rations afforded to the workers.
Famine survivor remembers Holodomor

Multimedia

Photogallery
Ukraine's Holodomor Through An Austrian's Eyes

By Yulia Ratsybarska and Iryna Shtogrin

November 23, 2013

KYIV, DNIPROPETROVSK, Ukraine -- Sitting up straight in a freshly pressed white shirt, Pavlo Rozhko beams with delight as he sings a Ukrainian folk song to the accompaniment of a traditional stringed instrument known as a bandura.

Rozhko, who at 91 still participates in a choir, says he has loved singing ever since his childhood on a bustling family farm in the village of Piski in southeastern Ukraine.

"My father and mother were cheerful people," he says. "They were sewing, spinning. We had our own sheep and lambs. We kept the lambs inside the house. There were a lot of us. We were dancing, singing, shouting. Nobody yelled at us about anything. Everyone was growing up healthy and happy, until the collectivization."

Rozhko was 11 when a massive famine hit Soviet Ukraine, as Josef Stalin pushed forward with radical agricultural reforms that stripped millions of peasant families of their land and crops.

By the time the 1932-33 famine ended, at least 3 million and as many as 10 million Ukrainians and Cossacks had died, and the Soviet Union's most fertile land had been overtaken by massive, Kremlin-run collective farms.

The Holodomor, as the famine is now known, was never officially acknowledged by Soviet authorities, who said crop failure was to blame for any random accounts of starvation.

But as Ukraine has been preparing to mark the 80th anniversary of the Holodomor on November 23, the few remaining survivors remember the famine as deliberate, sweeping, and filled with terror.
In Ukraine, Holodomor's Terrors Remain Fresh In The Minds Of Survivors

Prague, 8 May 2003 (RFE/RL) -- Seventy years ago, the month of May saw the climax of a horrific artificial famine that reduced millions of people to living skeletons in some of the world's most fertile farm land, while stocks of grain and other foods rotted by the ton, often within the sight of families dying from starvation.

Oleksa Sonipul was 10 in 1933 and lived in a village in northern Ukraine. She said by the beginning of that year, famine was so widespread people had been reduced to eating grass, tree bark, roots, berries, frogs, birds, and even earthworms.

Desperate hunger drove people to sell off all of their possessions for any food they could find. At night, an eerie silence fell over the village, where all the livestock and chickens had long since been killed for food and exhausted villagers went to bed early.

But Communist requisition brigades looking to fulfill the impossibly high grain quotas continued to search even those villages where inhabitants were already dying from starvation. They used metal poles to probe the ground and potential hiding places where they suspected grain could be hidden.

Some of the brigade members, fueled by Soviet hate campaigns against the peasants, acted without mercy, taking away the last crumbs of food from starving families knowing they were condemning even small children to death. Any peasant who resisted was shot. Rape and robbery also took place.

Sonipul described what happened when a brigade arrived at her home.

"In 1933, just before Christmas, brigades came to our village to search for bread. They took everything they could find to eat. That day they found potatoes that we had planted in our grandfather's garden, and because of that they took everything from grandfather and all the seeds that grandmother had gathered for sowing the following autumn. And the next day, the first day of Christmas, they came to us, tore out our windows and doors and took everything to the collective farm."

As food ran out in the villages, thousands of desperate people trekked to beg for food in towns and cities. Food was available in cities, although strictly controlled through ration coupons. But residents were forbidden to help the starving peasants and doctors were not allowed to aid the skeletal villagers, who were left to die on the streets.

Fedir Burtianski was a young man in 1933 when he set out by train to Ukraine's Donbas mining area in search of work. He says thousands of starving peasants, painfully thin with swollen bellies, lined the rail track begging for food. The train stopped in the city of Dnipropetrovsk and Burtianski says he was horrified by what he saw there.

"At Dnipropetrovsk we got out of the carriages. I got off the wagon and I saw very many people swollen and half-dead. And some who were lying on the ground and just shaking. Probably they were going to die within a few minutes. Then the railway NKVD [secret police] quickly herded us back into the wagons."

Grain and potatoes continued to be harvested in Ukraine, driven by the demand of Stalin's quotas. But the inefficiency of the Soviet transportation system meant that tons of food literally rotted uneaten -- sometimes in the open and within the view of those dying of starvation.

The scene Burtianski described was repeated in towns and cities all over Ukraine. In the countryside, entire villages were being wiped out. The hunger drove many people to desperation and madness. Many instances of cannibalism were recorded, with people living off the remains of other starvation victims or in some instances resorting to murder. Most peasant families had five or six children, and some mothers killed their weakest children in order to feed the others.

Burtianski said at one point, he avoided buying meat from a vendor because he suspected it was human flesh. When the authorities heard about the incident, he was forced to attend the trial of a man and his two sons who were suspected of murdering people for food. Burtianski says during the trial one of the sons admitted in chilling terms to eating the flesh of his own mother, who had died of starvation.

"He said, 'Thank you to Father Stalin for depriving us of food. Our mother died of hunger and we ate her, our own dead mother. And after our mother we did not take pity on anyone. We would not have spared Stalin himself.'"

Mykhaylo Naumenko was 11 years old in 1933. His father was executed for refusing to join a nearby collective farm. Mykhaylo was left with his mother and siblings to face the famine without a provider. He said people were shot for trying to steal grain or potatoes from the local collective farm, which was surrounded by barbed wire and guarded by armed men. He said people were executed even for trying to pick up a few loose seeds dropped on the ground.

"A tragedy developed. People became swollen, they died by the tens each day. The collective farm authorities appointed six men to collect and bury the dead. From our village of 75 homes, by May 24 houses were empty where all the inhabitants had died."

Naumenko also witnessed instances of cannibalism. He said he first discovered that his neighbors were eating human flesh after one of them, called Tetyana, refused to share her meat with him despite the fact he had just helped bury her father.

"I saw Tetyana eating chicken meat and saw there was a lot of it. I approached her and asked her for some, but she refused to give me any. Because it was human flesh."

Hundreds were executed or killed by other villagers for cannibalism. Soviet records show that around 1,000 people were still serving sentences for cannibalism in prison camps on the White Sea at the end of the 1930s.

Olena Mukniak was 10 in 1933 and lived in a village in the Poltavschyna region with her mother, older sister, and younger brother. Her father had left for the Donbas area in search of food. In the village, Mukniak said people picked through horse manure to find grain, stewed leather boots, and toasted leaves and tree bark.

"What do you do if there's nothing to eat? We collected birch leaves and toasted them and ate them. What else could we do?"

From The Archive: Famine Survivors Recall Horrors

This terrific times are returned in current Ukraine....

Known journalist Miroslava Berdnik was arrested today in Ukraine for her activity of human rights defence... Her father was repressed by Soviet regime, so now Ukraine continues bloody practice of Stalin's and Hitler's times...

Арест Мирославы Бердник, или Как фашистский режим убьет неугодную | Агентство Новостей Харькова

Very sad, but good example, why "terrorists" at Donbass don't want to be a part of faschist state, like Ukraine...

MEMORIES OF UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE WITNESSES

"Anger lashed my mind as I drove back to the village. Butter sent abroad in
the midst of the famine! In London, Berlin, Paris I could see ... people eating
butter stamped with a Soviet trade mark. Driving through the fields, I did not
hear the lovely Ukrainian songs so dear to my heart. These people have
forgotten how to sing! I could only hear the groans of the dying, and the lip-
smacking of the fat foreigners enjoying our butter..."
Victor Kravchenko - Former Soviet trade official and defector

"... On one side, millions of starving peasants, their bodies often swollen from
lack of food; on the other, soldiers, members of the GPU*carrying out the
instructions of the dictatorship of the proletariat. They had gone over the
country like a swarm of locusts and taken away everything edible; they had
shot or exiled thousands of peasants, sometimes whole villages; they had
reduced some of the most fertile land in the world to a melancholy desert."
* GPU = Soviet secret police
Malcolm Muggeridge - British foreign correspondent - May 1933

"this famine may fairly be called political because it was not the result of any
overwhelming natural catastrophe or such complete exhaustions of the
country's resources in foreign or civil wars"
William Henry Chamberlin - Correspondent for the Christian Science
Monitor who was originally pro-Soviet. He was one of the few Westerners
who personally toured Ukraine during the Genocide of 1932-1933. Russia's
Iron Age (London, 1935) p. 82.

"...(Our reporting) served Moscow's purpose of smearing the facts out of
recognition and declaring the situation which, had we reported simply and
clearly, might have worked up enough public opinion abroad to force
remedial measures. And every correspondent each in his own measure, was
guilty of collaborating in this monstrous hoax on the world."
Eugene Lyons - Moscow United Press correspondent from 1928 - 1934.
Assignment in Utopia, p. 573.

Experiences of Ukrainian Genocide Survivors:

This was the first instance of a peacetime genocide in history. It took the
extraordinary form of an artificial famine deliberately created by the ruling
powers. The savage combination of words for the designation of a crime - an
artificial deliberately planned famine - is still incredible to many people
throughout the world, but indicates the uniqueness of the tragedy of 1933,
which is unparalleled, for a time of peace, in the number of victims it claimed."
Wasyl Hryshko - Genocide Survivor, 1933

"They were horrible years! Mothers were slicing their children and sticking
them in pots to cook them, and then ate them. My mother went into the field
where some horses were dying and brought back a horse's head. About five
women bit into this horse's head. What a horror it was; people were dropping
dead on the road. If you pierced them the blood was like water. So many
people died. I remember every thing in the village, including the time they
took the crosses off the churches. Two members from the Komsomol
(Communist Youth Organization) went up and took the crosses down. They
buried them two meters into the ground and old women would go to kiss that
plot of ground...

Then they filled the wooden church full of wheat. During the night mice made
their way through the walls, leaving little holes from which women filled their
buckets with the wheat. The Komsomol took the wheat from the church, and
afterward it stood empty. So many people died in the village that in the
cemetery they stopped putting up crosses. During the winter an old woman
would take a cross from the cemetery to make a fire in her house so that her
children would not freeze."
Nina Popovych - Genocide Survivor - born 1925, Lysycha Balka, Ukraine
- from Irene Antonovych and Lialia Kuchma's Generations: A Documentary
of Ukrainians in Chicago
, p. 32

"In 1932 and 1933 Kyiv seemed like a paradise to nearly villagers who had
been stripped of all they had by the Soviet government. A no wonder: some
villages were dying out completely, except for those who still had the courage
and strength to flee. There were cases where mothers had gone mad and
killed a child to feed the rest of the family. So, thousands of villagers flocked
to the city of Kyiv. Many of the weak ones sat or lay down by buildings or
fences, most never to get up again. Trucks driven by policemen or
Communist Youth League members, mobilized for that purpose, went around
picking up bodies or carrying those still alive somewhere outside the city
limits. It was especially terrible to see mothers whose faces had turned black
from hunger with children who no longer cry, but only squeal, moving their
lips in an attempt to find sustenance where there was none. People sought
salvation and found death. I saw these things as I walked to work through
the Haymarket on Pidvil'na Street near the Golden Gates and Volodymyr
Street."
Varvara Dibert - Genocide Survivor - from Congressional testimony
presented before the United States Ukraine Famine Commission in
Washington, DC, October 8, 1986.

"The spring of 1933 was the most horrible and tragic moment in the history of
the Ukrainian people. In th fall of 1932 and the early winter of 1933 the
Russian Communist government had taken away the entire grain crop and all
food produce from the Ukrainian farmers in order to bring them into
submission and obedient servitude in the collective farms.

In the collective farms of my native district, which numbered 672 people, 164
died that fatal spring of 1933. Actually this collective farm suffered little
compared with all the surrounding places, for to induce the farmers to remain
there, they were given 300 grams of bread per person baked from all kinds
of chaff and some liquid concoction cooked from refuse. But there were
villages and hamlets where not a single person remained alive. For instance,
in the large village of Chemychyna, in Neforoshchanske County, which
stretched for two and a half miles, though I do not recall it's population, and
the hamlet Rybky, of the Sukho-Mayachka village administration, where 60%
of the population died.

Here is another of the many incidents of the famine:

In my native village, there was a stallion kept for breeding mares. He was
well fed, receiving 13 pounds of oats daily, but for some unknown reason, he
suddenly died. This happened at the end of May 1933. This district
administration forbid the stallion to be buried, until a special commission
arrived and held an inquest.

The dead stallion lay in the open for three days and began to decay. A
guard was appointed to shield it from the starving people who would have
eaten the meat. On the fourth day the commission arrived and, having
completed the investigation, ordered the stallion to be buried.

No sooner was that done and the commission gone, then like an avalanche,
the people descended on the dead, decaying stallion and, in an instant,
nothing was left of him. Violent arguments ensued, because some had
grabbed more than their share.

A spectacle I shall never forget was when a 16 year old boy who, beside his
stepmother, was the only survivor in the family, and swollen from starvation,
crawled up to the place where the dead stallion had been and finding a hoof,
snatched it in both hands and gnawed at it furiously. The boy was never
seen again, and rumors circulated, that he had been eaten by his
stepmother.

It was forbidden for people to leave their villages. GPU* guards blocked all
roads and railways. Any food that farmers happened to be carrying was
taken away from them. For picking a stray head of wheat or a frozen potato
or beet left behind in the field, a person was sentenced to ten years in prison
or concentration camp, according to the ruling passed by the government
August 7, 1932.

Ukrainian Genocide Famine Foundation - USA Witness and Survivor Recollections

Known journalist Miroslava Berdnik was arrested today in Ukraine for her activity of human rights defence... Her father was repressed by Soviet regime, so now Ukraine continues bloody practice of Stalin's and Hitler's times...

Арест Мирославы Бердник, или Как фашистский режим убьет неугодную | Агентство Новостей Харькова

Very sad, but good example, why "terrorists" at Donbass don't want to be a part of faschist state, like Ukraine...
Please be quiet. Class is in session.

Last edited:
One young man decided to take a different approach in educating today's young Americans who have been brainwashed by Marxist educators. Here is his idea of reaching the masses with the truth about socialism (Marxist theology).

Be quiet. Class is in session.

Sorry, but how could I be quiet, when the bloody practices of communist regime still continues by current regime at Ukraine? They perform ethnic cleansings, they perform religious persecution... And most of all media still keeping poker face...

Hitler was a mass murdering demon possessed devil. Josef Stalin murdered more people than Hitler. What does that make Josef Stalin?

Hitler was a mass murdering demon possessed devil. Josef Stalin murdered more people than Hitler. What does that make Josef Stalin?

Hitler is dead.
Stalin is dead.

But Poroshenko is still alive and continues his activity... Sorry, if I broke your lecture, but it's all about things, that could not be without attention..

Be quiet. Class is in session.

Sorry, but how could I be quiet, when the bloody practices of communist regime still continues by current regime at Ukraine? They perform ethnic cleansings, they perform religious persecution... And most of all media still keeping poker face...
You're spouting Communist Propaganda against Ukraine. Your Comrade Putin has aspirations of becoming the next Stalin. This thread is not inviting discussion. Listen, don't talk.

Last edited:
Victim of Communism warns America:

David Knight shows video of Virginia Prodan who lived under Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceaușescu. Her testimony is powerful. Her warning to the American people is urgent. This is a most important message every American must hear - the information in this video is critical. Copy the link to the video and send it out mass email.

Last edited:

You see this woman? She is sharing some very good news with you. The Communist Dictator who oppressed her is now dead and she is still standing and proclaiming the power of faith in God to protect her and carry her through. The same God who helped this woman is ready to help you. Are you ready? Whosoever calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved. Read Romans 10:9,10.

Be encouraged, people. God is in full control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back