We can "SEE" electrons.

R

rdean

For First Time Ever, Scientists Watch Atom?s Electrons Move in Real Time

We can see electrons.

Why bother?

It’s truly general and can be applied to attosecond electronic dynamics problems in the physics and chemistry of liquids, solids, biological systems, everything.”

Electrons%20in%20Real%20Time1.jpg

led by groups from the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics (MPQ) in Garching, Germany, and from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and the University of California at Berkeley

Oh no, those liberals are at it again.

The physical demonstration of attosecond transient absorption by the combined efforts of the Leone and Krausz groups and their colleagues will, in Leone’s words, “allow us to unravel processes within and among atoms, molecules, and crystals on the electronic timescale” — processes that previously could only be hinted at with studies on the comparatively languorous femtosecond timescale.

A lot of good discoveries come from colleges and universities. Napalm is one.

Napalm is a "good" discovery? Probably came from one of those Confederate Southern "Christian" Colleges. I've heard they are very warlike and they have a history of discrimination.

Invisibility of electrons done in by krypton, who saw that coming, I mean besides Superman?

Last edited:
What are electrons made of? It's blowin my mind mannnnn!!!

Find out and come back and tell us.

From what I found coupled with my lack of ability to comprehend physics it appears electrons are a type of lepton and they are considered fundamental- meaning it cant be broken down any further. My research was done in about 4 minutes using the internet so dont take it for fact necessarily. It still seems like they would be made of something. Like an entire universe. I bet someday we will know. Mind blowing!

You really are a partisan hack, aren't you?

I didn't bring up napalm, Windbutt.

No, but you turned an announcement about a science breakthrough into partisan hackery. (Hackmanship?)

We can see electrons.

Why bother?

It’s truly general and can be applied to attosecond electronic dynamics problems in the physics and chemistry of liquids, solids, biological systems, everything.”

led by groups from the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics (MPQ) in Garching, Germany, and from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and the University of California at Berkeley

The physical demonstration of attosecond transient absorption by the combined efforts of the Leone and Krausz groups and their colleagues will, in Leone’s words, “allow us to unravel processes within and among atoms, molecules, and crystals on the electronic timescale” — processes that previously could only be hinted at with studies on the comparatively languorous femtosecond timescale.

You are truly an epic idiot, and deserve to be shunned by all thinking people in the world.

So what happens to Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle?

Heisenberg was sidelined a few years ago when scientist stopped trying to measure things exactly. If we just approximate things we can actually measure both position and speed well enough to make the equations work.

You really are a partisan hack, aren't you?

No, but you turned an announcement about a science breakthrough into partisan hackery. (Hackmanship?)

We can see electrons.

Why bother?

You are truly an epic idiot, and deserve to be shunned by all thinking people in the world.

Because it happened at "Berkeley, California". Probably one of the most "liberal" places on earth.

Hey, I would be very happy at some kind of "scientific breakthrough" happening at "Bob Jones" Christian University, but seriously, how likely is that?

We can see electrons.

Why bother?

Because it happened at "Berkeley, California". Probably one of the most "liberal" places on earth.

Hey, I would be very happy at some kind of "scientific breakthrough" happening at "Bob Jones" Christian University, but seriously, how likely is that?

There a lot of places that are more liberal than Berkeley.

Like I said, it is science rdean, not politics. Why make it about politics?

The only conceivable reason is that you are a partisan hack.

Napalm is a "good" discovery? Probably came from one of those Confederate Southern "Christian" Colleges. I've heard they are very warlike and they have a history of discrimination.

I thought this thread was going to be something with substance until I get to the thrid reply
move along folks nothing to see here.

I thought this thread was going to be something with substance until I get to the thrid reply
move along folks nothing to see here.

You also think "Napalm" is a "good" discovery?

Forum List

Back