Washington Post 1Q Net Tumbles 84% (Dinosaur Media DeathWatch™)

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
The media is obviously biased, but the good news is that it is dying off.

Washington Post Co. (WPO) reported Friday an 84% drop in first-quarter profit amid one-time charges and a loss from discontinued operations.

Decreases in print advertising and circulation at its namesake paper have weighed on the newspaper and education company’s earnings in recent years. Washington Post announced in March that it will begin charging readers for access to its paper’s website, after raising circulation prices in January.

The company’s profit tumbled to $5.2 million, or 64 cents a share, from $31.5 million, or $4.07 a share, in the year-ago period. Revenue remained level at $959.1 million and operating expenses were also flat.

Read more: Washington Post 1Q Net Tumbles 84% | Fox Business

No, I always knew newspapers were mostly on the left, but I hate to see them go. I loved the Chicago Suntimes, Tribune and daily hearld before the internent they were big and fat and you could waste hours reading them cover to cover With todays newspapers it just takes minutes reading them and with the internet people just cherry pick what they want to read and know. Newspapers forced you to read what you didnt want to know. I think.

I like the idea of newpapers...but when they're just leftwing nuts masquerading as objective journalists...I cheer their death

Here where I live I can't stand the local "newpaper." They are so bias politically it's like that can't even just report on a story, it has to attack someone and praise who they favor... leave it up to the reader to decide what they support, just give us strait news..

Forum List

Back