WAPO poll (Latinos): Trump fav 15 / unfav 82, -67

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Thumbs-Down-Circle.png

82% of Latinos have an unfavorable opinion of Donald Trump.

82%.

81% of Blacks have an unfavorable opinion of Trump.

61% of women have an unfavorable opinion of Donald Trump.

Favorable ratings for Clinton, Biden, Trump and Bush - The Washington Post

1,005 adults, MoE = +/-3.5

2015-09-002 WAPO fav-unfav Trump.png

2015-09-002 WAPO fav-unfav Trump - gender.png

Compared to Clinton:

2015-09-002 WAPO fav-unfav Clinton.png

68% of Latinos have a FAVORABLE opinion of Clinton. 79% of Blacks have a FAVORABLE opinion of Clinton.

And:

2015-09-002 WAPO fav-unfav Clinton - gender.png

She is only slightly underwater with women, 48 to 51, -3.

For Bush, the Latino statistic looks much more promising for a Republican:

2015-09-002 WAPO fav-unfav Bush.png

Among Latinos, 43 fav / 46 unfav is a damned good spread for a Republican.

And:

2015-09-002 WAPO fav-unfav Bush - gender.png

Bush is hurting evenly among males and females.

And Biden:

2015-09-002 WAPO fav-unfav Biden.png

At overall 46/46, Biden is the only one of the four not underwater. He does much better with Whites than Hillary, but not as well with Latinos (49/35).

And:
2015-09-002 WAPO fav-unfav Biden - gender.png

His numbers among both genders is very, very consistent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One month ago, Trump's Latino numbers were 13 approve / 81 disapprove, -68, so both fav AND unfav have ticked up ever so slightly.

You can see other demographics at the link.

But overall fav/unfav:

Biden 46 fav / 46 unfav - TIE
Clinton 45 fav / 53 unfav, -8
Bush 38 fav / 55 unfav, -17
Trump 37 fav / 59 unfav, -21

Now, favorability is not = to electability, but a 67 point hole is hard to climb out of with any demographic group.

Last edited:
Thumbs-Down-Circle.png

82%.

View attachment 49119

View attachment 49118

Compared to Clinton:

View attachment 49121

68% of Latinos have a FAVORABLE opinion of Clinton. 79% of Blacks have a FAVORABLE opinion of Clinton.

And:

View attachment 49120

View attachment 49123

And:

View attachment 49122

And Biden:

View attachment 49125

At overall 46/46, Biden is the only one of the four not underwater. He does much better with Whites than Hillary, but not as well with Latinos (49/35).

And:View attachment 49124

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One month ago, Trump's Latino numbers were 13 approve / 81 disapprove, -68, so both fav AND unfav have ticked up ever so slightly.

But overall fav/unfav:

Now, favorability is not = to electability, but a 67 point hole is hard to climb out of with any demographic group.
I didn't know Bush's unfavorables were higher than Hillary's.

It seems that the good folks at Fox News don't talk about that when they're talking about Hillary's unfavorables.

My brother in law is a former state level lobbyist, and he says I'm overthinking, but it seems like there has to be a reason the GOP is allowing Trump to run wild. He thinks they're not that smart

Thumbs-Down-Circle.png

82%.

View attachment 49119

View attachment 49118

Compared to Clinton:

View attachment 49121

And:

View attachment 49120

View attachment 49123

And:

View attachment 49122

And Biden:

View attachment 49125

But overall fav/unfav:

It seems that the good folks at Fox News don't talk about that when they're talking about Hillary's unfavorables.

My brother in law is a former state level lobbyist, and he says I'm overthinking, but it seems like there has to be a reason the GOP is allowing Trump to run wild. He thinks they're not that smart
They cant stop him. I think they are hoping they can buy him.

Bloody fucking ouch!!! So Trump is only going to get 18% of the Hispanic vote as I wouldn't imagine someone voting for someone they hate.

He can forget florida, Nev, Co, etc. Hell, Trump isn't going to win.
You missed California. All Hispanic people I know are piss. Anchor babies in their mid 20s never vote before and they will vote this time. I predict a major turn out for Hispanic voters.

Bloody fucking ouch!!! So Trump is only going to get 18% of the Hispanic vote as I wouldn't imagine someone voting for someone they hate.

He can forget florida, Nev, Co, etc. Hell, Trump isn't going to win.
You missed California. All Hispanic people I know are piss. Anchor babies in their mid 20s never vote before and they will vote this time. I predict a major turn out for Hispanic voters.

I expect hispanics will be at least 13 and maybe 14% of the electorate if trump is on the republican ticket..80% voting democrat!

Thumbs-Down-Circle.png

82%.

View attachment 49119

View attachment 49118

Compared to Clinton:

View attachment 49121

And:

View attachment 49120

View attachment 49123

And:

View attachment 49122

And Biden:

View attachment 49125

But overall fav/unfav:

At least the Tea Party was a rebranding effort for the GOP, and something the GOP could reign back in, save the random loco militia guys.

But Trump is something they can only react to, with no real way to mitigate the potential damage to the 2016 GOP run for the white house.

Trump has negated the advantage Bush or Rubio would have had with Latinos in the general too. Bush has hedged his bet by challenging Trump in ways that will be a disadvantage for him in the primaries.

Reince Preibus has his work cut out for him in trying to keep the GOP primary from spoiling things, like it did in 2012

California is irrelevant.

The dims could run Kim Jong Un and California would put their EC votes behind him.
Except when they voted Republican in 1986, for Ronald Reagan

Thumbs-Down-Circle.png

82%.

View attachment 49119

View attachment 49118

Compared to Clinton:

View attachment 49121

And:

View attachment 49120

View attachment 49123

And:

View attachment 49122

And Biden:

View attachment 49125

But overall fav/unfav:

At least the Tea Party was a rebranding effort for the GOP, and something the GOP could reign back in, save the random loco militia guys.

But Trump is something they can only react to, with no real way to mitigate the potential damage to the 2016 GOP run for the white house.

Trump has negated the advantage Bush or Rubio would have had with Latinos in the general too. Bush has hedged his bet by challenging Trump in ways that will be a disadvantage for him in the primaries.

Reince Preibus has his work cut out for him in trying to keep the GOP primary from spoiling things, like it did in 2012

Indeed. Imagine a nominee Trump 5 days from election day, only leading by 8 points in Utah.... behind in Texas, hopelessly behind in New Mexico, Nevada, Florida....

Thumbs-Down-Circle.png

82%.

View attachment 49119

View attachment 49118

Compared to Clinton:

View attachment 49121

And:

View attachment 49120

View attachment 49123

And:

View attachment 49122

And Biden:

View attachment 49125

But overall fav/unfav:

Indeed. Imagine a nominee Trump 5 days from election day, only leading by 8 points in Utah.... behind in Texas, hopelessly behind in New Mexico, Nevada, Florida....
By far, for me, the most noteworthy warning sign are my ultra right conservative cousins in So California. These people are Fox News Republicans, and they are beside themselves about the attacks on Latinos Trump has thrown out there. In fact...they're turning on any Republican who even implies support for what Trump has said. I watched them turn on their long time heroin Ann Coulter just last week for that.

We haven't begun to see the long term damage yet

Forum List

Back