CDZ Wall Will do nothing to stop drugs

Corruption right here in this country is the cause of the drug problem. We absolutely refuse to deal with the problem openly and honestly. Over fifty years ago we decided that dealing with the drug problem deceptively was the way to go. Corruption hides in the dark. We made our own problems.
Walls do not stop corruption. Only dealing with it openly and honestly will work.

I get it, you'll never admit reality, but you should try it- the truth shall set you free.

You have not presented reality. The reality is that walls do stop invasions and that includes drugs. No wall is going to stop 100% but it is meant to deter. I don't understand why some would deny that a wall is a deterrent while living behind them themselves. No, the only objection to the wall is that Democrats hate Trump and will not give him even 1 iota. They put their political ambitions and hatred for one man above everyone in the country and outside the country.
REALITY!!!! that's not a word you can use. Again, nobody on your side has addressed my facts.

How is a wall going to stop the tunnels?
How is a wall going to stop the HDD?
How is a wall going to stop the narco subs?

It will not and for that reason they will not reduce the drugs in anyway. Any reduction in unsophisticated groups walking drugs over the border will be offset by the more sophisticated means. You don't seem to comprehend that the big cartels have billions of dollars and can easily move drugs across the border at will by the methods I have just listed. If the demand for drugs increases then the cartels will easily import more drugs into the country using their sophisticated, unstoppable methods. It's simple economics...

Trump's speech... wow what a fool.

The drugs come into the country by submarine, tunnel, by car/truck, shipping.

The amount of drugs walked over the border is very small.

Stopping that will have no effect on drugs in our country.

If you think "it's better than nothing" you are completely wrong because the price tag of a wall is high and it would be better to spend the money on more effective means.

Right now we stop such a minor amount of drugs coming into the country that it has no effect at all. A border wall will be the same, it will have no effect. If you want to stop drugs you need a better idea than a border wall, if you can't understand that I feel sorry for you.

Dear God, not another idiot thread which fallaciously claims the impossible: that not a single joint, not a single dime bag will be stopped by a 30 foot wall. Ever. Obviously, the OP is in the wrong field and needs to be a consultant to the DEA where he could save our country millions.
Explain what nobody on your side has yet to explain:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...retruck-sized-drillers-to-make-drug-pipelines
How is a wall going to stop the narcosubmarines?
Six Tons Of Cocaine Seized From Narco-Submarine

It will not and for that reason they will not reduce the drugs in anyway. Any reduction in unsophisticated groups walking drugs over the border will be offset by the more sophisticated means. You don't seem to comprehend that the big cartels have billions of dollars and can easily move drugs across the border at will by the methods I have just listed. If the demand for drugs increases then the cartels will easily import more drugs into the country using their sophisticated, unstoppable methods. It's simple economics...

Well use your intellect and integrity to address my facts...

the HDD drillers:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...retruck-sized-drillers-to-make-drug-pipelines
the narco submarines:

I notice you didn't answer my questions. Most likely due to your intellectual dishonesty. Pretty sure I already addressed part of your question. You answer mine and I'll give a more complete answer to yours.

Stemming drug smuggling is not the sole purpose of building a wall. First and foremost, the main purpose is to secure the Southern border of the US from anyone just being able to walk across it.

Well use your intellect and integrity to address my facts...

the HDD drillers:
the narco submarines:

I notice you didn't answer my questions. Most likely due to your intellectual dishonesty. Pretty sure I already addressed part of your question. You answer mine and I'll give a more complete answer to yours.
What's your question?

You did not address any of my questions as nobody has yet to do it.

Stemming drug smuggling is not the sole purpose of building a wall. First and foremost, the main purpose is to secure the Southern border of the US from anyone just being able to walk across it.
That's a good point, but the problem is Trump, in his speech Saturday, and many others keep trying to falsely claim that the wall will stop the drugs. It will not. That is why I started this thread.

Last edited:
That's a good point, but the problem is Trump, in his speech Saturday, and many others keep trying to falsely claim that the wall will stop the drugs. It will not. That is why I started this thread.

Silly premise for a thread, rebutting Trump fish stories. Especially in this area.

I get it, you'll never admit reality, but you should try it- the truth shall set you free.

You have not presented reality. The reality is that walls do stop invasions and that includes drugs. No wall is going to stop 100% but it is meant to deter. I don't understand why some would deny that a wall is a deterrent while living behind them themselves. No, the only objection to the wall is that Democrats hate Trump and will not give him even 1 iota. They put their political ambitions and hatred for one man above everyone in the country and outside the country.
REALITY!!!! that's not a word you can use. Again, nobody on your side has addressed my facts.

Here's your entire argument debunked.

How will a wall stop things like submarines and tunnels ? Easy, a wall will make simply walking across the border impossible, thereby allowing Border Patrol to stop wasting limited resources monitoring for people who are simply walking across an open border and focusing on other areas. Throw twice as many resources at stopping your narco sub and we have a better chance of stopping your narco sub.

Explain what nobody on your side has yet to explain
How do police stop crime?
How do locks stop break ins?
How do laws stop violence?
How do vaccines, good diets and exercise stop disease and death?
How do prisons stop escapes?

The answer is simple. Walls are but a first line defense like everything else to discourage and make unlawful activity HARDER. Nothing is absolute, nothing CLAIMS to be absolute, but combined with good technology, intelligence, and port management, they collectively cut way down on what the crime might be otherwise.

And for every billion we spend on the wall, that should net roughly a SEVEN billion dollar return on the resulting reduced costs related to handling and processing of the illegals that otherwise would have come in there. It really is a very simple decision. Even if we are somehow 700% off on our calculation, it is still a zero sum gain. We break even and the wall didn't actually cost us anything in the grand picture.

How will a wall stop things like submarines and tunnels ? Easy, a wall will make simply walking across the border impossible, thereby allowing Border Patrol to stop wasting limited resources monitoring for people who are simply walking across an open border and focusing on other areas. Throw twice as many resources at stopping your narco sub and we have a better chance of stopping your narco sub.
AHAHAHAH!! What flawed, failed logic.

Read this article and tell us how more border agents will stop these HDD tunnels.

Border Patrol agents can't stop something that small spread out across a border so large. Border patrol can't stop stealth narco suns in a gigantic ocean. You might get a few of them, but the vast majority of them are still getting through and there is no way to stop these sophisticated methods. They have yet to make any gains in stopping these methods and more border agents will not improve that in any way. If you aren't intelligent enough to comprehend this then there is no debating you as you can't comprehend such simple facts as gravity, 2+2=4, and the earth is round.

Explain what nobody on your side has yet to explain
How do police stop crime?
How do locks stop break ins?
How do laws stop violence?
How do vaccines, good diets and exercise stop disease and death?
How do prisons stop escapes?

The answer is simple. Walls are but a first line defense like everything else to discourage and make unlawful activity HARDER. Nothing is absolute, nothing CLAIMS to be absolute, but combined with good technology, intelligence, and port management, they collectively cut way down on what the crime might be otherwise.

And for every billion we spend on the wall, that should net roughly a SEVEN billion dollar return on the resulting reduced costs related to handling and processing of the illegals that otherwise would have come in there. It really is a very simple decision. Even if we are somehow 700% off on our calculation, it is still a zero sum gain. We break even and the wall didn't actually cost us anything in the grand picture.
Again you have not been able to explain how a wall will stop:

The tunnels
the narco subs
the HDD drillers.

We're not here to debate illegals, we are debating the false claim that the wall will stop drugs. The wall will not stop the drugs and you are avoiding the issue.

You mention prisons, prisons are surrounded by many many walls, does that mean our prisons are not flooded with drugs?? Because they are...

Read this article and tell us how more border agents will stop these HDD tunnels.

Border Patrol agents can't stop something that small spread out across a border so large. Border patrol can't stop stealth narco suns in a gigantic ocean. You might get a few of them, but the vast majority of them are still getting through and there is no way to stop these sophisticated methods. They have yet to make any gains in stopping these methods and more border agents will not improve that in any way. If you aren't intelligent enough to comprehend this then there is no debating you as you can't comprehend such simple facts as gravity, 2+2=4, and the earth is round.

narco subs. LOL you have been watching too many movies. In real life most drugs are simply carried across the border either in vehicles or in backpacks and such.

And further your argument essentially boils down to "we can't stop drugs, so why try?"

The tunnels
the narco subs
the HDD drillers.

We're not here to debate illegals, we are debating the false claim that the wall will stop drugs. The wall will not stop the drugs and you are avoiding the issue.

Look ace, tell me you don't lock your car, lock your house. I HAVE explained, you're just refusing to read. Walls are on land, junior. Subs are in the ocean. They put subs in the ocean because it is getting too hard to go the easier route on land (walls work). Tunnels and drillers happen. Why? Because the wall was stopping them, so they try to go around. You install listening devices, vibration devices, then you start catching them as well. If tunnels were truly working, we wouldn't KNOW they were making them!

I'll try to get through your thick head again: if walls weren't effective, they wouldn't be used everywhere for 10,000 years. You wouldn't be protesting them. They cut down on illegals. They cut down on drugs. They reduce the likelihood of terrorist invasion. They cut down on costs related to illegals. Combined with all our other tools, they help fight crime. If the damn wall wasn't so effective, Nancy Pelosi wouldbn't be holding the nation hostage fighting it telling Trump it is immoral.

I'm still waiting for one of you liberals to explain to me what exactly has changed since 2009 that a perimeter "wall" is no longer acceptable.

Yeah, we know what has changed. That orange bastard would actually build the damn thing , unlike the last 2 Presidents who built as little as possible.

I'm still waiting for one of you liberals to explain to me what exactly has changed since 2009 that a perimeter "wall" is no longer acceptable.

Yeah, we know what has changed. That orange bastard would actually build the damn thing , unlike the last 2 Presidents who built as little as possible.

It was a damned good idea that every democrat president was for and said had to be done until a republican actually came along serious on building it. :lmao:

It was a damned good idea that every democrat president was for and said had to be done until a republican actually came along serious on building it. :lmao:

Exactly, neither side actually wants to solve the issue at the border. Trump is forcing them to address it

narco subs. LOL you have been watching too many movies. In real life most drugs are simply carried across the border either in vehicles or in backpacks and such.

And further your argument essentially boils down to "we can't stop drugs, so why try?"
Completely false and destroyed by facts:

6 TONS. 6 TONS. In real life most drugs ARE NOT simply carried across the border in backpacks.

Not to mention the tunnels. Not to mention the HDD:

The fact that you didn't even know these simple facts show how clueless you are to debate this issue.

Any kind of border security would of course increase some drugs getting stopped at the border. this is not an all or nothing deal.
a wall would not be a fix all.
immigration & how we deal with it is the major problem.
this one way thinking is the cause of what has now lead to a shutdown of our government.
not good for America.

The tunnels
the narco subs
the HDD drillers.

Look ace, tell me you don't lock your car, lock your house. I HAVE explained, you're just refusing to read. Walls are on land, junior. Subs are in the ocean. They put subs in the ocean because it is getting too hard to go the easier route on land (walls work). Tunnels and drillers happen. Why? Because the wall was stopping them, so they try to go around. You install listening devices, vibration devices, then you start catching them as well. If tunnels were truly working, we wouldn't KNOW they were making them!

I'll try to get through your thick head again: if walls weren't effective, they wouldn't be used everywhere for 10,000 years. You wouldn't be protesting them. They cut down on illegals. They cut down on drugs. They reduce the likelihood of terrorist invasion. They cut down on costs related to illegals. Combined with all our other tools, they help fight crime. If the damn wall wasn't so effective, Nancy Pelosi wouldbn't be holding the nation hostage fighting it telling Trump it is immoral.
This thread is not to debate illegals entering the country, it's to debate whether or not a wall will stop drugs.

A wall will stop the unsophisticated smugglers, TOO BAD the cartels are highly sophisticated with billions of dollars. A wall will do nothing to disrupt the cartels drug smuggling and they will continue to flood the country with as much drugs as they can sell. The narco subs bring in 6 TONS at a time... 6 TONS...

Sophisticated thieves can still easily break into a locked car or house, it's just a matter of the profitability to do so. Cartels make billions a year so the profitability is there for them to use increasingly sophisticated means to do so.

You still can't address my argument that the wall will do nothing to stop the narco subs and HDDs, and regular tunnels for that matter.

Your non-sequitir arguments about stopping illegals are not the point of the thread, and weaken your argument on drugs.

In 1970 your side stupidly thought a war on drugs would reduce the drugs,
in 1980 your side stupidly thought taking the fight to S. America would reduce the drugs,
in 1990 your side stupidly thought mandatory minimums would reduce drug dealing,
in 2001 your side stupidly thought the increased border security would reduce the drugs,
in 2018 your side stupidly thinks a wall will reduce the drugs.

Your side has been 100% wrong on everything to do with drugs and we know this because America is AWASH with drugs.

But but but but but but but this time will be different.... Another stupid assumption from the people that have been incorrect since 1970.

Forum List

Back