Virginia House Of Delegates Name Drop

The quirk of democracy came as the Virginia Board of Elections used the procedure laid out in a 1705 law to settle the 11,608-to-11,608 tie between Yancey and Democrat Shelly Simonds for the seat.

Wow, don't ever say your vote doesn't count

This is the ballot that they decided was a vote for the Republican, that gave him the tie:

virginia-ballot.png

Are you kidding?

This is the ballot that they decided was a vote for the Republican, that gave him the tie:

virginia-ballot.png

Are you kidding?

Thank Gawd it wasn't a floating chad, eh? The Democrats would still be looking.

Stop trolling and acting like a child and tell us by what criterion you would determine the above was a vote for the Republican.

I'll bet you 100 bucks you can't make a decent argument for that.

virginia-ballot.png

Are you kidding?

Stop trolling and acting like a child and tell us by what criterion you would determine the above was a vote for the Republican.

Show the rest of the ballot.

virginia-ballot.png

Are you kidding?

You don't need the rest of the ballot. The voter marked TWO candidates for one office. There is no way to decide that the voter meant one and not the other.

Since you're obviously ignorant of the whole affair, the judges ruled that the line through the Democrat's oval meant that the voter didn't want it counted, and that the voter voted Republican on other races. That is absurd, unless there's a real rule in VA for doing that. PLUS the voter lined out Gillespie too., lol.

virginia-ballot.png

Are you kidding?

You don't need the rest of the ballot. The voter marked TWO candidates for one office. There is no way to decide that the voter meant one and not the other.

Since you're obviously ignorant of the whole affair, the judges ruled that the line through the Democrat's oval meant that the voter didn't want it counted, and that the voter voted Republican on other races. That is absurd, unless there's a real rule in VA for doing that. PLUS the voter lined out Gillespie too., lol.

I am well aware of the circumstances.

If all else is Republican, it's logical to determine the intent of the voter. Gillespie was X'd - a common mistake - and then filled in. It was not crossed out, and no other choice was made for governor. Simonds was slashed out, and Yancey filled in. All perfectly clear.

It's absurd only to the loser, and tough titty for the Democrats.

Forum List

Back