Vince McMahon retires from WWE

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Who will take his place? His beloved daughter? Hunter H. Helmsley, his son-in-law?

I wonder if Donald J. Trump would be interested in the job? The former President is very knowledgable about the pro game, in fact outsmarted Mr. McMahon several times.

this is like Walt leaving Disney, HUGE NEWS
I am sure his daughter and son in law will still be depending on him for business advice. What Vince Mc Mahon and others have done to turn ''pro-rasslin'' into what it is today with the amount of money it draws world wide is one of the largest success story in the business world ever!

Last edited:
I am sure his daughter and son in law will still be depending on him for business advice. What Vince Mc Mahon and others have done to turn ''pro-rasslin'' into what it is today with the amount of money it draws world wide is one of the largest success story in the business world ever!

In wrestling, McMahon really transformed the pro game from what it was when he first broke into the sport as an announcer and interviewer. But he still owns a lot of shares in WWE, so I'm sure he'll be giving his viewpoints in the running of the sport.

this is like Walt leaving Disney, HUGE NEWS
Great point. I'm torn on Vince. I mean you have to give him credit and props for giving us Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold, etc. but the truth is, he has more bad ideas than he does good. And a lot of guys hate the ideas he makes them push. Happy Corbin? Madcap Moss? Ridiculous. And the names he wanted to give Stone Cold? Fang McFrost, Snowman, Otto von Ruthless, Mr. Freeze, Ice Dagger, Cruel Luke, Cool Cat, and Chilly McFreeze were a few of the names

But who am I to criticize? Am I coming up with better ideas? And the only way to compare him is to other companies and he crushes the competition. I think AEW is pretty good but so was WCW. But they aren't BETTER than WWE. Maybe I like AEW a little better but that's not to say they are better than WWE. I'm just enjoying the story lines more. And this is why I'm glad Vince is gone. The story lines were lame. Why keep showing us Ray Mysterio and his son? Dominic SUCKS! He should be in NXT not Raw or Smackdown. Lift some weights boy!

Sports entertainment is a type of spectacle which presents an ostensibly competitive event using a high level of theatrical flourish and extravagant presentation, with the purpose of entertaining an audience.

God bless Walt and Vince for giving us such masterpieces. Another guy who reminds me of these guys is Ivan Reitman. Look at all the movies he made. Imagine how much more empty your life would be without those movies. Have you noticed there hasn't been a good comedy out in quiet a few years? Why isn't Seth Rogan and his crew making comedies? He's too busy with his ash tray and weed business.

I'm glad Vince is gone. He got too old and the story lines he was pushing were lame. WWE needs to change. The characters need to be given more creative freedom. Let them try on the mic. No one knew Stone Cold was going to be so good until he said AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE....And Austin 3:16 says I just wooped your ass.

Great point. I'm torn on Vince. I mean you have to give him credit and props for giving us Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold, etc. but the truth is, he has more bad ideas than he does good. And a lot of guys hate the ideas he makes them push. Happy Corbin? Madcap Moss? Ridiculous. And the names he wanted to give Stone Cold? Fang McFrost, Snowman, Otto von Ruthless, Mr. Freeze, Ice Dagger, Cruel Luke, Cool Cat, and Chilly McFreeze were a few of the names

But who am I to criticize? Am I coming up with better ideas? And the only way to compare him is to other companies and he crushes the competition. I think AEW is pretty good but so was WCW. But they aren't BETTER than WWE. Maybe I like AEW a little better but that's not to say they are better than WWE. I'm just enjoying the story lines more. And this is why I'm glad Vince is gone. The story lines were lame. Why keep showing us Ray Mysterio and his son? Dominic SUCKS! He should be in NXT not Raw or Smackdown. Lift some weights boy!

Sports entertainment is a type of spectacle which presents an ostensibly competitive event using a high level of theatrical flourish and extravagant presentation, with the purpose of entertaining an audience.

God bless Walt and Vince for giving us such masterpieces. Another guy who reminds me of these guys is Ivan Reitman. Look at all the movies he made. Imagine how much more empty your life would be without those movies. Have you noticed there hasn't been a good comedy out in quiet a few years? Why isn't Seth Rogan and his crew making comedies? He's too busy with his ash tray and weed business.

I'm glad Vince is gone. He got too old and the story lines he was pushing were lame. WWE needs to change. The characters need to be given more creative freedom. Let them try on the mic. No one knew Stone Cold was going to be so good until he said AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE....And Austin 3:16 says I just wooped your ass.
Who's "Vince"....you are to address the boss as "Mr McMahon", sir

Who's "Vince"....you are to address the boss as "Mr McMahon", sir

We wonder if he still has influence. Who's really running the show. I feel like I'm already seeing a difference. Like, the match ups make more sense. They're setting up story lines better.

Do you remember in the 80's or 90's there was an era where everyone had a side job? Introducing, "the Doctor" or "The Dentest" or "The Construction Worker". I'm sure it's not easy coming up with great ideas. If I could I'd be working for/with the WWE. I just know they need to do something different with Madcap Moss or Happy Corbin. There has to be a better schtick for them than that.

We wonder if he still has influence. Who's really running the show. I feel like I'm already seeing a difference. Like, the match ups make more sense. They're setting up story lines better.

Do you remember in the 80's or 90's there was an era where everyone had a side job? Introducing, "the Doctor" or "The Dentest" or "The Construction Worker". I'm sure it's not easy coming up with great ideas. If I could I'd be working for/with the WWE. I just know they need to do something different with Madcap Moss or Happy Corbin. There has to be a better schtick for them than that.

Before the 1990's, and wrestlers being assigned gimmicks, they all generally came up with their own and owned those gimmicks themselves. They were more independent contractor types.

There were exceptions of course- like Jerry Lawler finding Kamala in the jungles of East Africa. But for the most part, if a cowboy or a sheik, communist or nazi war criminal got a wrestling license from the commission, it was all theirs to do the best they could with it.

Once the territorial promotions were gone, the fellows that were left, Vince and Ted Turner, got the burden of developing talent as it became less and less likely people could develop their in-ring personas on their own.

Before the 1990's, and wrestlers being assigned gimmicks, they all generally came up with their own and owned those gimmicks themselves. They were more independent contractor types.

There were exceptions of course- like Jerry Lawler finding Kamala in the jungles of East Africa. But for the most part, if a cowboy or a sheik, communist or nazi war criminal got a wrestling license from the commission, it was all theirs to do the best they could with it.

Once the territorial promotions were gone, the fellows that were left, Vince and Ted Turner, got the burden of developing talent as it became less and less likely people could develop their in-ring personas on their own.
Oh yea sure if Vince found someone with a gimmick that was working, why change it. Do you know who Butch is? He's the little guy hanging out with Shamus. His gimmick was completely different in NXT. And no way he came up with the Butch gimmick. No way.

Raquel Rodriguez, formerly known as Raquel Gonzalez.

Raquel Rodriguez is one of many WWE stars to undergo name changes as of late, which is due to a memo sent out by Vince McMahon as he has made it clear he doesn’t want newer wrestlers to use their real names or names they used before joining the company.

Since signing with WWE, she had been going by Raquel Gonzalez where she found a lot of success in NXT. However, once she joined the SmackDown roster on the Friday after WrestleMania, she was given a new name.

Forum List

Back