Victim's family says justice not served with Fell plea deal

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The family of Terry King says justice is not being served. That's their response to news a plea deal has been reached with King's accused killer, Donald Fell. The deal means Fell will avoid the death penalty.
"I mean they beat her to death. Beat her to death while she prayed for her life. And yet he is allowed to live? What justice is that?" demanded Barbara Tuttle, Terry King's sister.

Tuttle is talking about Donald Fell, the man accused of the brutal murder of Terry King. The North Clarendon grandmother was kidnapped on her way to work back in 2000.

"It is a total embarrassment for the U.S. government as far as I am concerned, a total embarrassment," Tuttle said.

And King's sister says she speaks for the entire family.

Fell was convicted of the murder in 2005. It was a federal case because the kidnapping crossed state lines. That made Fell eligible for the death penalty. He sat on death row until 2014 when the conviction was overturned due to juror misconduct. Now, with a new trial scheduled to start this fall, a plea deal means life behind bars for Fell and no execution.

"If you are going to have the death penalty, then enforce it. If you are not going to use it, then why is the law there? Why all these appeals over and over and over again? Eighteen years of this," Tuttle said.
Victim's family says justice not served with Fell plea deal

There is a video at the link but I couldn't pull it up.

This is insane.

Forum List

Back