US Used AI to Help Find Middle East Targets for Airstrikes

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
What could possibly go wrong?
IMG_9492.jpeg

IMG_9479.jpeg

The US used artificial intelligence to identify targets hit by air strikes in the Middle East this month, a defense official said, revealing growing military use of the technology for combat… Machine learning algorithms that can teach themselves to identify objects helped to narrow down targets for more than 85 US air strikes on Feb. 2

They probably found the only white straight males in the Middle East to target. At least no black Popes were endangered.

What people need to understand is that A.I is only as good as its programmers AND the underlying search engines they probably utilize, primarily google for instance in some instances, though I presume they leverage many more to ensure a broader scale of sources.

Thus, especially with Reinforcement Learning in A.I (which I hope they are leveraging). A.I can and will learn and improve, it can only do so based on the data input it has access to. It will find patterns and such based on this based on the information it has. I programmed a basic, but I thought fairly impressive for my self-taught status, NLP (Natural Learning Processes) bot in this way during covid. It really isn't as difficult as one thinks on a small scale.

I have not been interested enough to understand how this A.I system is generally designed, there are problems one way or another if it is using Reinforcement Learning vs Supervised or Unsupervised learning etc.

If Congress had a simple 30 minute discussion with even a layman such as myself, they could REALLY ask some pointed questions to the CEOs to understand where the bias lies. Reinforcement Learning via Supervised for example, is vastly different and would indicate which point in the process this bias lies.

What people need to understand is that A.I is only as good as its programmers AND the underlying search engines they probably utilize, primarily google for instance in some instances, though I presume they leverage many more to ensure a broader scale of sources.

Thus, especially with Reinforcement Learning in A.I (which I hope they are leveraging). A.I can and will learn and improve, it can only do so based on the data input it has access to. It will find patterns and such based on this based on the information it has. I programmed a basic, but I thought fairly impressive for my self-taught status, NLP (Natural Learning Processes) bot in this way during covid. It really isn't as difficult as one thinks on a small scale.

I have not been interested enough to understand how this A.I system is generally designed, there are problems one way or another if it is using Reinforcement Learning vs Supervised or Unsupervised learning etc.

If Congress had a simple 30 minute discussion with even a layman such as myself, they could REALLY ask some pointed questions to the CEOs to understand where the bias lies. Reinforcement Learning via Supervised for example, is vastly different and would indicate which point in the process this bias lies.
Like climate models, they’re code written by people with bias.

Far too simplistic.

try again
The reality is the computer has zero understanding of anything, and is just processing zeros and ones.
What we call AI is actually just the result of a programmer trying to simulate something.
And he will likely do it very badly since there are lots of contingencies he forgot to think of and take into account.

The reality is the computer has zero understanding of anything, and is just processing zeros and ones.
What we call AI is actually just the result of a programmer trying to simulate something.
And he will likely do it very badly since there are lots of contingencies he forgot to think of and take into account.
Not quite sure you are understanding it all.

What could possibly go wrong?
View attachment 910800

View attachment 910801

The US used artificial intelligence to identify targets hit by air strikes in the Middle East this month, a defense official said, revealing growing military use of the technology for combat… Machine learning algorithms that can teach themselves to identify objects helped to narrow down targets for more than 85 US air strikes on Feb. 2

They probably found the only white straight males in the Middle East to target. At least no black Popes were endangered.

Israel may have a step or two on the US when it comes to assassination by machine. If you've ever wondered why so many entire families have been murdered in Gaza..."Where's Daddy?"

"Lavender,' the AI giving bombing orders in Israel's war on Gaza​

"The investigation also revealed the use of an AI system called 'Where's Daddy?' to track targeted individuals and carry out bombings when they were inside their family residences."

'Lavender,' the AI giving bombing orders in Israel's war on Gaza.

Israel may have a step or two on the US when it comes to assassination by machine. If you've ever wondered why so many entire families have been murdered in Gaza..."Where's Daddy?"

"Lavender,' the AI giving bombing orders in Israel's war on Gaza​

"The investigation also revealed the use of an AI system called 'Where's Daddy?' to track targeted individuals and carry out bombings when they were inside their family residences."

'Lavender,' the AI giving bombing orders in Israel's war on Gaza.
I’m shocked anyone is left alive after the 78 year long genocide.

I’m shocked anyone is left alive after the 78 year long genocide.
It's not for lack of trying.
Since 1973 Israel has been looking for any excuse to ethnically cleanse the remaining Palestinian population from Greater Israel; October 7th provided that ruse:

A Genocide Foretold

"Israel has razed 77 percent of healthcare facilities in Gaza, 68 percent of telecommunication infrastructure, nearly all municipal and governmental buildings, commercial, industrial and agricultural centers, almost half of all roads, over 60 percent of Gaza’s 439,000 homes, 68 percent of residential buildings — the bombing of the Al-Taj tower in Gaza City on Oct. 25, killed 101 people, including 44 children and 37 women, and injured hundreds — and obliterated refugee camps.

"The attack on the Jabalia refugee camp on Oct. 25 killed at least 126 civilians, including 69 children, and injured 280.

"Israel has damaged or destroyed Gaza’s universities, all of which are now closed, and 60 percent of other educational facilities, including 13 libraries.

"It has also destroyed at least 195 heritage sites, including 208 mosques, churches, and Gaza’s Central Archives that held 150 years of historical records and documents."

Forum List

Back