Universe A-Z

Rosalind

Rosalind is a closer moon to Uranus. It was found from the images taken by Voyager 2 on January 13, 1986, and was given the designation S/1986 U 4. It was named after the daughter of the banished Duke in William Shakespeare 's play As You Like It. It is also designated Uranus XIII.

1642326992014.png

Rosalind (moon) - Wikipedia

YGKOW G1 ( Galaxy)

This galaxy was the first ever observed gravitational lens, an object with a mass so great that it can bend the light from objects lying behind it. This phenomenon not only allows us to see objects that would otherwise be too remote, in cases like this it also allows us to see them twice over.

1644130475192.png

Along with the cluster of galaxies in which it resides, YGKOW G1 exerts an enormous gravitational force. This doesn't just affect the galaxy's shape, the stars that it forms, and the objects around it — it affects the very space it sits in, warping and bending the environment and producing bizarre effects, such as this quasar double image.

Hubble, Hubble, Seeing Double!

Drint

Drint is a fictional planet in my very short story, "Passion from Beyond."

Enceladus Moon

1646815708743.png

1. Enceladus has a radius of approximately 155 miles (252km). This makes it the sixth largest moon that orbits Saturn.
  2. This makes it only 1/200th the size of the planet Saturn, and around 1/10th the size of Saturn’s biggest moon, Titan.
  3. Enceladus orbits this planet at a distance of approximately 148,000 miles (238,000 km).
Enceladus - Wikipedia

Faint Young Sun Paradox

Hypernova

Hypernovas are the most powerful supernova explosions in the universe, 10 to even up to 100 times brighter than a typical supernova. That’s enough energy to completely obliterate our sun 100,000 times over, or enough energy to supply our world's current total power consumption for the next billion, billion, billion years.

Jewel

A Jewel in the Night

I see your radiance right here in front of me,
a bright shining star full of life.
A vibrant precious jewel
wearing night like no other.

You took forever to get here
and are certainly worth the wait.
Inspirational in the minds of many
yet others say you are dead!

Here you are for me on this night
I am in awe of your presence, your beauty