Universal health care

Righties won't allow it. It's commienism!

Righties can stop it ?

It was the left that stopped the public option during the Obamacare debate.

Some were sell outs on the left, absolutely. Unfortunately every single person on the right was a sell out.

Just so you are clear....the left sell outs were the tipping factors.

BTW: Calling them sell outs is a hysterical.

The righties (as you like to call them) were elected by their constituents to do just what they did. In 2010, almost all were easily re-elected and many districts threw out their lefties and gave the House back to the GOP.

Since that time, they've been doing a good job of doing nothing.

No. The tipping factor was zero Republicans wanted a public option, some Democrats fought for it, all Republicans were against it.

You obviously don't understand what a tipping point is.

You just know talking points.

When Obamacare hung in the balance, Rachael Maddow was going after the democrats who were getting in the way. She never touched the GOP....she knew they were lost. She ran a week long series on Bart Stupak when he threatened to hold it up.

How many Republicans were for the public option? None? Looks like they were the big weight on that tipping point.

Righties can stop it ?

It was the left that stopped the public option during the Obamacare debate.

Some were sell outs on the left, absolutely. Unfortunately every single person on the right was a sell out.

The righties (as you like to call them) were elected by their constituents to do just what they did. In 2010, almost all were easily re-elected and many districts threw out their lefties and gave the House back to the GOP.

No. The tipping factor was zero Republicans wanted a public option, some Democrats fought for it, all Republicans were against it.

When Obamacare hung in the balance, Rachael Maddow was going after the democrats who were getting in the way. She never touched the GOP....she knew they were lost. She ran a week long series on Bart Stupak when he threatened to hold it up.

How many Republicans were for the public option? None? Looks like they were the big weight on that tipping point.

Nobody is arguing that there any GOP for it. They were doing what they were elected to do. Fight it.

I don't like the GOP. I like the Dems even less.

If your lovely democrats had been united, they could have had whatever they wanted.

You still don't understand what a tipping point is (hint: straw that broke the camel's back).

Nobody is arguing that there any GOP for it. They were doing what they were elected to do. Fight it.

I don't like the GOP. I like the Dems even less.

If your lovely democrats had been united, they could have had whatever they wanted.

You still don't understand what a tipping point is (hint: straw that broke the camel's back).

I'm independent. Both parties are responsible for passing/making laws and policies. Blaming Dems for not getting single payer is stupid when the most that were for it were Dems. Those that were against it in either party are to blame, most were Repubs, zero Repubs supported it. This isn't rocket science.

I wonder what would really happen if we made health insurance illegal.

I think the whole healthcare system would just collapse. No more overcharging patients for health services because they'll take the bill and just throw it in the garbage if it's not a reasonably affordable price and not ever pay it. While I understand it costs doctors a lot of money money to get your degree, the patients shouldn't have to pay for it, and the cost of college is ridiculous too and needs some kind of loan forgiveness programs like teachers have.

Will the healthcare system collapse or would the now free market drive prices down to make services affordable again since negotiations between health insurance companies and hospitals won't exist anymore? Perhaps people should just have the option of opening a tax-deductible HSA instead of paying $400 a month for weak health insurance coverage. Those that open up an HSA can get all services including psychiatrists, physicians, and for "women's" needs. People could then take that money saved from their HSA contribution to pay for doctor's bills and not receive a fine on their taxes every year.

The $400 per month contribution would add up to $4,800 a year for someone who doesn't go to the doctor's one time. That $4,800 would then be considered "not income" in regards to taxes, increasing one's tax return every year. I could then take that money and pay my doctor's bill with it. A routine checkup should literally be like $50, not $550 for a 5 minute exam before insurance pays most of it. So if I want to go to the doctors? I can now use my HSA debit card to pay for the service up front and now I have $4,750 left. If you don't have any money left you don't go to the doctor's anymore. I want to get eye glasses? I pull out my HSA debit card and pay $40 for the exam and $300 for the lenses. I want surgery? Pull out my HSA debit card and pay $1,000 for hiatal hernia surgery, all up front, no bill afterwards. What does no bill afterwards mean? No surprises, nobody not paying their bill, driving up the cost for everyone else.

Last edited:
Universal health care is on the ballot in Colorado tomorrow. Polling shows it's headed for a sound defeat. The American people don't want it. Just the far left fringe does

Universal health care is on the ballot in Colorado tomorrow. Polling shows it's headed for a sound defeat. The American people don't want it. Just the far left fringe does

The American people just don't like change, and we look dumb because of it. We can't even take the change to a chipped credit card lightly. Just because American's don't want universal health insurance coverage, doesn't mean it's a terrible idea. American's don't want to change anything so we're stuck with the problems we have.

The American people just don't like change, and we look dumb because of it. We can't even take the change to a chipped credit card lightly. Just because American's don't want universal health insurance coverage, doesn't mean it's a terrible idea. American's don't want to change anything so we're stuck with the problems we have.

That might be a good argument except for one big miss.

We never defined the problem that Obamacare was supposed to solve.

Consequently, we have no metrics that are meaningful.

People keep saying that we have less insured than ever before....well, guess what...being insured does not mean you get health care as many are finding out.

No, what would look dumb is handing over all of our health care decisions to what would amount to the largest unelected body of faceless, inefficient bureaucrats on the entire planet and expecting it to turn out well. You already handed over a huge chunk of this sector to the government via ObamaCare and it's an unmitigated disaster. Getting the government out of the health care industry is the answer to fixing it. Only a complete imbecile would want to hand them the full monty.

No, what would look dumb is handing over all of our health care decisions to what would amount to the largest unelected body of faceless, inefficient bureaucrats on the entire planet and expecting it to turn out well. You already handed over a huge chunk of this sector to the government via ObamaCare and it's an unmitigated disaster. Getting the government out of the health care industry is the answer to fixing it. Only a complete imbecile would want to hand them the full monty.

Quick, without looking them up, put names and faces to the board who runs your insurance company.

You can't.

The American people vote idiots into office, what can I say?

The government has done nothing but half-ass reasonable policies since Obama walked into office.

People keep saying that we have less insured than ever before....well, guess what...being insured does not mean you get health care as many are finding out.

I'm not sure why congress and Obama didn't expect healthcare costs to rise once this new law went official.

Why add mandatory "preventative healthcare for women and children" to everyone's plan? I'm a grown man, I don't need that coverage on my healthcare plan. Why am I paying for it? I'm sure that alone has helped jack up the prices.

How about, one healthcare plan for women and one healthcare plan for everyone else (and women that don't want to pay for coverage that offers free preventative care)? We can start with that.

I'm not sure why congress and Obama didn't expect healthcare costs to rise once this new law went official.

Why add mandatory "preventative healthcare for women and children" to everyone's plan? I'm a grown man, I don't need that coverage on my healthcare plan. Why am I paying for it? I'm sure that alone has helped jack up the prices.

How about, one healthcare plan for women and one healthcare plan for everyone else (and women that don't want to pay for coverage that offers free preventative care)? We can start with that.

Subsidized preventive medicine.....O.K. with that.

Incentives for healthly living (or penalties for a crappy lifestyle).....like that.

A good discussion on end of life care (like we spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much on it).

Correct. They will sell you down the river in a moment if some other issue is popular. Cant have you messing with their retirement.

Foreign countries with universal health care:

You are Here: Home Page > Health Care Reform Act Elector List > Foreign Countries with Universal Health Care
Foreign Countries with Universal Health Care

Country Start Date of
Universal Health Care

Australia 1975
Austria 1967
Bahrain 1957
Belgium 1945
Brunei 1958
Canada 1966
Cyprus 1980
Denmark 1973
Finland 1972
France 1974
Germany 1941
Greece 1983
Hong Kong 1993
Iceland 1990
Ireland 1977
Israel 1995
Italy 1978
Japan 1938
Kuwait 1950
Luxembourg 1973
Netherlands 1966
New Zealand 1938
Norway 1912
Portugal 1979
Singapore 1993
Slovenia 1972
South Korea 1988
Spain 1986
Sweden 1955
Switzerland 1994
United Arab Emirates 1971
United Kingdom 1948
Questions or comments: [email protected]
Looks

You are Here: Home Page > Health Care Reform Act Elector List > Foreign Countries with Universal Health Care

Country Start Date of
Universal Health Care

Australia 1975
Austria 1967
Bahrain 1957
Belgium 1945
Brunei 1958
Canada 1966
Cyprus 1980
Denmark 1973
Finland 1972
France 1974
Germany 1941
Greece 1983
Hong Kong 1993
Iceland 1990
Ireland 1977
Israel 1995
Italy 1978
Japan 1938
Kuwait 1950
Luxembourg 1973
Netherlands 1966
New Zealand 1938
Norway 1912
Portugal 1979
Singapore 1993
Slovenia 1972
South Korea 1988
Spain 1986
Sweden 1955
Switzerland 1994
United Kingdom 1948
looks like you have a long list to choose from!

Freaking Saudi Arabia has universal healthcare and they don't even allow women to drive there. But not the good ole US of A. We're too greedy to give people healthcare.

Country Start Date of
Universal Health Care

Australia 1975
Austria 1967
Bahrain 1957
Belgium 1945
Brunei 1958
Canada 1966
Cyprus 1980
Denmark 1973
Finland 1972
France 1974
Germany 1941
Greece 1983
Hong Kong 1993
Iceland 1990
Ireland 1977
Israel 1995
Italy 1978
Japan 1938
Kuwait 1950
Luxembourg 1973
Netherlands 1966
New Zealand 1938
Norway 1912
Portugal 1979
Singapore 1993
Slovenia 1972
South Korea 1988
Spain 1986
Sweden 1955
Switzerland 1994
United Kingdom 1948

It appears you have a wide variety of choices for permanent residence, but don't try to bring that nonsense here.

How is universal healthcare nonsense. It's only nonsense to American right wingers. To the rest of the world it is called human decency.

Country Start Date of
Universal Health Care

Australia 1975
Austria 1967
Bahrain 1957
Belgium 1945
Brunei 1958
Canada 1966
Cyprus 1980
Denmark 1973
Finland 1972
France 1974
Germany 1941
Greece 1983
Hong Kong 1993
Iceland 1990
Ireland 1977
Israel 1995
Italy 1978
Japan 1938
Kuwait 1950
Luxembourg 1973
Netherlands 1966
New Zealand 1938
Norway 1912
Portugal 1979
Singapore 1993
Slovenia 1972
South Korea 1988
Spain 1986
Sweden 1955
Switzerland 1994
United Kingdom 1948

It appears you have a wide variety of choices for permanent residence, but don't try to bring that nonsense here.

How is universal healthcare nonsense. It's only nonsense to American right wingers. To the rest of the world it is called human decency.
It really isn't nonsense if everyone works and pays taxes to pay for it. When 47% of the population refuses to pay taxes it is unsustainable.

Country Start Date of
Universal Health Care

Australia 1975
Austria 1967
Bahrain 1957
Belgium 1945
Brunei 1958
Canada 1966
Cyprus 1980
Denmark 1973
Finland 1972
France 1974
Germany 1941
Greece 1983
Hong Kong 1993
Iceland 1990
Ireland 1977
Israel 1995
Italy 1978
Japan 1938
Kuwait 1950
Luxembourg 1973
Netherlands 1966
New Zealand 1938
Norway 1912
Portugal 1979
Singapore 1993
Slovenia 1972
South Korea 1988
Spain 1986
Sweden 1955
Switzerland 1994
United Kingdom 1948

It really isn't nonsense if everyone works and pays taxes to pay for it. When 47% of the population refuses to pay taxes it is unsustainable.

It has worked in all those countries listed above. If payment is a concern then that's why the 1% should be paying more taxes than they currently are.

That's how European countries keep their systems sustainability. They tax where the money is.

Country Start Date of
Universal Health Care

Australia 1975
Austria 1967
Bahrain 1957
Belgium 1945
Brunei 1958
Canada 1966
Cyprus 1980
Denmark 1973
Finland 1972
France 1974
Germany 1941
Greece 1983
Hong Kong 1993
Iceland 1990
Ireland 1977
Israel 1995
Italy 1978
Japan 1938
Kuwait 1950
Luxembourg 1973
Netherlands 1966
New Zealand 1938
Norway 1912
Portugal 1979
Singapore 1993
Slovenia 1972
South Korea 1988
Spain 1986
Sweden 1955
Switzerland 1994
United Kingdom 1948

Human decency paid for by theft is still theft, no matter the results.

Country Start Date of
Universal Health Care

Australia 1975
Austria 1967
Bahrain 1957
Belgium 1945
Brunei 1958
Canada 1966
Cyprus 1980
Denmark 1973
Finland 1972
France 1974
Germany 1941
Greece 1983
Hong Kong 1993
Iceland 1990
Ireland 1977
Israel 1995
Italy 1978
Japan 1938
Kuwait 1950
Luxembourg 1973
Netherlands 1966
New Zealand 1938
Norway 1912
Portugal 1979
Singapore 1993
Slovenia 1972
South Korea 1988
Spain 1986
Sweden 1955
Switzerland 1994
United Kingdom 1948

It has worked in all those countries listed above. If payment is a concern then that's why the 1% should be paying more taxes than they currently are.

That's how European countries keep their systems sustainability. They tax where the money is.
So if the 1% move then who will ya tax?

Forum List

Back