United States Military Superiority? Really?

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
Suppose a Soviet submarine lying just off Cuba launched a couple of missiles carrying nuclear devices capable of triggering an electromagnetic pulse in our atmosphere. The flight of the missile would take mere minutes. The result would be the immediate paralysis of the entire nation. Any device of an electrical and/or electronic nature would be totally useless. There would be no communication at all between our military and its own submarines. Nothing. The nation with all its military hardware and might would be rendered impotent within a matter of minutes. This is a genuine threat which has been kicked down the road for far too long.

US Defenseless Against North Korean EMP Threat

We have shit outside the US...and under the sea that would pay an enemy back ten fold. But you have a point...destroy them before they get the first shot. Buy tissues for the libs.

We have shit outside the US...and under the sea that would pay an enemy back ten fold. But you have a point...destroy them before they get the first shot. Buy tissues for the libs.

Time is the problem. We are speaking of mere minutes here. It would be a surprise attack. Within minutes, aircraft would fall from our skies, the nation would be plunged into total darkness, no radio - not even portable radios, no television, no communications. Total chaos.

Time is the problem. We are speaking of mere minutes here. It would be a surprise attack. Within minutes, aircraft would fall from our skies, the nation would be plunged into total darkness, no radio - not even portable radios, no television, no communications. Total chaos.
I'm agreeing with you. Time is now. Tell them how the cow ate the cabbage. Then, if they pause...blow the hell out of them.

suppose we had one of these ..

oh wait ...

Thats not an anti ABM system.........we have them .............we seem more intent on protecting EU with them though

We have shit here for defense that you and I will never know about. There are some capabilities that it would hurt us to broadcast.

At least, I hope we do.

oh wait ...

Thats not an anti ABM system.........we have them .............we seem more intent on protecting EU with them though

that's not an anti missile defense system ?

ooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk ...

and that wasn't a recorded clip on youtube of a laser blowing up a missile in flight less than a minute after it was launched.

silly me ...

oh wait ...

that's not an anti missile defense system ?

ooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk ...

and that wasn't a recorded clip on youtube of a laser blowing up a missile in flight less than a minute after it was launched.

silly me ...[/QUOTE

And what type of missle was it............its for small munitions...........

oh wait ...

We have shit here for defense that you and I will never know about. There are some capabilities that it would hurt us to broadcast.

At least, I hope we do.

youre right, when you do know about it, its been replaced by more sophisticated weapons.....

Suppose a Soviet submarine lying just off Cuba launched a couple of missiles carrying nuclear devices capable of triggering an electromagnetic pulse in our atmosphere. The flight of the missile would take mere minutes. The result would be the immediate paralysis of the entire nation. Any device of an electrical and/or electronic nature would be totally useless. There would be no communication at all between our military and its own submarines. Nothing. The nation with all its military hardware and might would be rendered impotent within a matter of minutes. This is a genuine threat which has been kicked down the road for far too long.

Our military is fully protected from HAEMP

Our subs use a frequency called ELF (extremely low frequency) that travels through the earth, not the air

Any nuclear attack would me met by a counterattack that would wipe out the Russians. We could wipe out N Korea with conventional weapons

You way

You way overestimate the intensity of emp from such bombs.

Yes they destroy solid state electronics. But only within a limited radius.

It would take thousands of megaton range bombs detonated at high altitude to shut down the entire nation as you claim.

Subs employ kiloton range bombs which would only do damage to electronics in a small area

Forum List

Back