U.S. Army gettings its first light tanks in more than 50 years.

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009

No the U.S. Army won't even call them "tanks" but that is what they are. I was always disturbed that units like the 82nd Airborne had no vehicular mounted response to any tank threat.

This is a good thing in my opinion. Though also in my opinion they should've just stuck with the M-8 Armored Gun System back in the 1990s. The Clinton Admin. canceled it even though it was on schedule and under budget to pay for U.S. operations in the Balkans.

No the U.S. Army won't even call them "tanks" but that is what they are. I was always disturbed that units like the 82nd Airborne had no vehicular mounted response to any tank threat.

This is a good thing in my opinion. Though also in my opinion they should've just stuck with the M-8 Armored Gun System back in the 1990s. The Clinton Admin. canceled it even though it was on schedule and under budget to pay for U.S. operations in the Balkans.
Nice. I've seen Sheridens airdropped, by the way, only never successfully, requiring extreme maintenance or reclamation. Would like to see them airdrop multiple MPFs. Ought to be a hoot! I wonder how long it would take to get the fire control systems and suspension back to Full-Up status.

Forum List

Back