TSA's 'Quiet Skies' program raises legal and civil liberty questions

You obviously must be a member of a sleeper terrorist cell or you would not be complaining about simple good preventative measures.
No, actually I'm actually something most people would consider worse :)
A lawyer? That wouldn't surprise me. Of course looking for individuals to represent because they suspect they have been surveiled smacks of ambulance chasing but that's just my humble OPINION.........

The ACLU has fought the government over their unconstitutional surveillance practices before. The fact that it was announced just weeks before this new surveillance program was revealed that our government changed the federals laws to give it's TSA personnel immunity is a bellwether of things to come in my opinion.

If anyone needs assistance with any issues of this nature feel free to send me a private message. And please do not use my invitation for any abusive purposes.

K since you have "fought the government over their unconstitutional surveillance practices", tell me what the ACLU is doing about these disgusting FISA warrants in the case of the FBI and Carter Page. Because honestly, a weaponized FBI is about the most scary violation of civil liberties I can think of. Then we can get to the TSA, don't you think?
The ACLU is concerned about abuses of the FISA courts as explained in this brochure:
Why the FAA Is Unconstitutional (Handout)

The difference however between the Page situation and the TSA's new surveillance program is that approximately 1.75 million Americans fly every day. The FBI or any agency who wants a FISA warrant has to at least present a warrant to a FISA judge and get him/her to sign off on it, even if the underlying legal basis is flimsy, legally unsound or a pretext. The TSA's surveillance program requires no warrant, has no oversight and no matter how badly they screw up or screw up someones life with their suspecious, they now have immunity at least that's what I've read. I have not actually reviewed the new law yet, so an entirely different set of laws will probably have to be applied.

Sorry I don't have time right now to go into this in more detail but I'd be happy to continue the conversation at another time if you'd like.
Show where this has screwed up anyone's life. It hasn't. ACLU can be as concerned as they want but until they can prove abuse then they just need to watch and wait. As to the ACLU's handout, it's one legal interpretation and I'll take it with the block of salt in needs to come with.

might want to check you facts again lol

Man Banned Mid-Trip by No-Fly List Gets Stranded in Hawaii

Wade Hicks, from Mississippi, was on a layover at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, on a military flight from California to Okinawa, when a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement official in Hawaii told him he was on a no-fly list and barred him from continuing his journey.

The ACLU has fought the government over their unconstitutional surveillance practices before. The fact that it was announced just weeks before this new surveillance program was revealed that our government changed the federals laws to give it's TSA personnel immunity is a bellwether of things to come in my opinion.

If anyone needs assistance with any issues of this nature feel free to send me a private message. And please do not use my invitation for any abusive purposes.

K since you have "fought the government over their unconstitutional surveillance practices", tell me what the ACLU is doing about these disgusting FISA warrants in the case of the FBI and Carter Page. Because honestly, a weaponized FBI is about the most scary violation of civil liberties I can think of. Then we can get to the TSA, don't you think?
The ACLU is concerned about abuses of the FISA courts as explained in this brochure:
Why the FAA Is Unconstitutional (Handout)

The difference however between the Page situation and the TSA's new surveillance program is that approximately 1.75 million Americans fly every day. The FBI or any agency who wants a FISA warrant has to at least present a warrant to a FISA judge and get him/her to sign off on it, even if the underlying legal basis is flimsy, legally unsound or a pretext. The TSA's surveillance program requires no warrant, has no oversight and no matter how badly they screw up or screw up someones life with their suspecious, they now have immunity at least that's what I've read. I have not actually reviewed the new law yet, so an entirely different set of laws will probably have to be applied.

Sorry I don't have time right now to go into this in more detail but I'd be happy to continue the conversation at another time if you'd like.
Show where this has screwed up anyone's life. It hasn't. ACLU can be as concerned as they want but until they can prove abuse then they just need to watch and wait. As to the ACLU's handout, it's one legal interpretation and I'll take it with the block of salt in needs to come with.

might want to check you facts again lol

Man Banned Mid-Trip by No-Fly List Gets Stranded in Hawaii

Wade Hicks, from Mississippi, was on a layover at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, on a military flight from California to Okinawa, when a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement official in Hawaii told him he was on a no-fly list and barred him from continuing his journey.
And that has what to do with what we are talking about? Anyone? Beuller?

If you do not wish to be scrutinized when you fly, then drive, take a bus or train, or get your own pilot license and airplane; or you can walk for all I care.
You know good and damn well there are many places you can't travel to by anything but a plane. And how many people can afford to purchase an aircraft, pay for the hangar or tie-down services, maintainance, licenses, etc. just to have it sit there and be available for when they need it?

Forum List

Back