Trump, Spared Attacks by Rivals in Iowa, Doesn't Return the Favor

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘Candidate after candidate at an Iowa Republican dinner on Friday avoided so much as mentioning the dominant front-runner in the race, former President Donald J. Trump.

But when Mr. Trump took the stage after more than two hours of speeches by his lower-polling rivals, it took him less than three minutes to unleash his first direct attack of the night on his leading challenger, Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida.

Mr. Trump not only suggested that Mr. DeSantis was an “establishment globalist” but called him “DeSanctis,” which in Mr. Trump’s argot is short for the demeaning nickname DeSanctimonious and is so well-known that most attendees clearly got the reference. “I wouldn’t take a chance on that one,” Mr. Trump joked.

The crowd of more than 1,200, which had warmly welcomed Mr. DeSantis when he spoke earlier, laughed and applauded throughout Mr. Trump’s riffs.’

Trump supporters like Trump because they think he’s ‘funny.’

Trump supporters like Trump because they think he’s ‘entertaining’ – no dry, tedious, boring policy speeches.

Trump supporters are frustrated with Trump detractors because Trump detractors ‘just don’t get Trump’ – much of the time Trump is ‘just kidding,’ Trump supporters claim, no need for anyone to get angry or upset.

But Trump also connects with the childish cruelty and hate common to conservatives, to deflect from facts, the truth, and difficult issues with personal attacks and ridicule Trump and conservatives are infamous for.

‘Candidate after candidate at an Iowa Republican dinner on Friday avoided so much as mentioning the dominant front-runner in the race, former President Donald J. Trump.

But when Mr. Trump took the stage after more than two hours of speeches by his lower-polling rivals, it took him less than three minutes to unleash his first direct attack of the night on his leading challenger, Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida.

Mr. Trump not only suggested that Mr. DeSantis was an “establishment globalist” but called him “DeSanctis,” which in Mr. Trump’s argot is short for the demeaning nickname DeSanctimonious and is so well-known that most attendees clearly got the reference. “I wouldn’t take a chance on that one,” Mr. Trump joked.

The crowd of more than 1,200, which had warmly welcomed Mr. DeSantis when he spoke earlier, laughed and applauded throughout Mr. Trump’s riffs.’

Trump supporters like Trump because they think he’s ‘entertaining’ – no dry, tedious, boring policy speeches.

Trump supporters are frustrated with Trump detractors because Trump detractors ‘just don’t get Trump’ – much of the time Trump is ‘just kidding,’ Trump supporters claim, no need for anyone to get angry or upset.

But Trump also connects with the childish cruelty and hate common to conservatives, to deflect from facts, the truth, and difficult issues with personal attacks and ridicule Trump and conservatives are infamous for.
Gov. DeSantis reminds me a LOT of smokin' Joe Frasier where Trump reminds be more of Big George Foreman.

The moment anyone says anything negative about him, their campaign is over. Just look at Christie. It's gonna be fun watching him go through his challengers like a scythe.
The Republican party is too far gone. Trump enjoys better than a 70% approval rating among the only people that count in elections during a primary...Republican voters. :)
Look what happened when Will Hurd stood up and told the truth. He got booed..loudly.

"ONE OF THE THINGS WE NEED IS FOR ELECTED LEADERS TO TELL THE TRUTH EVEN IF IT IS UNPOPULAR. DONALD TRUMP IS NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN OR TO REPRESENT THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR HIM. DONALD TRUMP IS RUNNING TO STAY OUT OF PRISON AND IF WE ELECT -- I KNOW! I KNOW! LISTEN, I KNOW THE TRUTH. THE TRUTH IS HARD. BUT IF WE ELECT DONALD TRUMP, WE ARE WILLINGLY GIVING JOE BIDEN FOR MORE YEARS IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND AMERICA CANNOT HANDLE THAT. GOD BLESS YOU AND GOD BLESS AMERICA".

Sorry Will, Biden will get four more years.

This is also a damning indictment of the other GOP candidates – too craven and cowardly to take on Trump.

they aren't afraid so much of donny - but they are scared shitless of his rabid flying monkeys. & they need their votes, should donny become otherwise engaged.

mouths.jpg

No, they are afraid of Donny. You are the ones scared shitless.

When I get up in the morning, I start on my first cup of coffee and then log in and am immediately hit with the sweet aroma of their FEAR!

God Bless USMB for bringing me my daily fix of LEFTIST TERROR!

When I get up in the morning, I start on my first cup of coffee and then log in and am immediately hit with the sweet aroma of their FEAR!

God Bless USMB for bringing me my daily fix of LEFTIST TERROR!

you living in a methane filled bubble will do that to you.

Trump has nothing to say except attacking is rivals.
Yeah. Rush and Newt crushed the Reagan rule, " Never speak ill of your fellow republicans", years before Reagan's death! Not a one even gets near that rule now.
Unless a republican is accused of a crime. Then they defend them.

they aren't afraid so much of donny - but they are scared shitless of his rabid flying monkeys. & they need their votes, should donny become otherwise engaged.
True – Trump and his supporters are one-in-the-same.

And a majority of Republicans don’t want to hear the truth about Trump.

“When read a list of 14 different Republican candidates running for president, 54% say they support Trump the most…”

True – Trump and his supporters are one-in-the-same.

And a majority of Republicans don’t want to hear the truth about Trump.

“When read a list of 14 different Republican candidates running for president, 54% say they support Trump the most…”

every so often, i'll watch a video of a reporter such as luke beasley or the duo ' the good liars' go to a trump rally & asked questions with factual follow ups & i swear you can see their brains get overloaded & they simply cannot process the truth.

Trump has nothing to talk about if he isn't bragging or attacking.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back