Trump OKs Keystone pipeline....

Personally, I think using pipelines to move oil is much more safer for the environment and people.
Transporting oil by train has proven dangerous for the environment and could cause death tolls in heavily populated area if there is one of the too common derailments.
View attachment 108482
But at the same time, I see this as a negative, particularly because it breaks another treaty with the Native Americans and what is highly important to them.
Let me put it this way, if the Dakota Pipeline was scheduled to go through one of Donald Trumps golf courses, it definitely would be diverted. But in this case, it's only Native Americans and who gives a shit about that minority and their heritage.
you know there is pipeline everywhere, even under golf courses. WTF are you talking about?

And your point is?

Didn't your hero Ted Kennedy fight against wind farms in his Liberal utopia of Martha's Vineyard?

Think about it with an open mind.
Fight the 'blight' of windfarms near my golf courses, Trump urges Ukip leader
Personally, I think using pipelines to move oil is much more safer for the environment and people.
Transporting oil by train has proven dangerous for the environment and could cause death tolls in heavily populated area if there is one of the too common derailments.
View attachment 108482
But at the same time, I see this as a negative, particularly because it breaks another treaty with the Native Americans and what is highly important to them.
Let me put it this way, if the Dakota Pipeline was scheduled to go through one of Donald Trumps golf courses, it definitely would be diverted. But in this case, it's only Native Americans and who gives a shit about that minority and their heritage.
you know there is pipeline everywhere, even under golf courses. WTF are you talking about?

And your point is?

Didn't your hero Ted Kennedy fight against wind farms in his Liberal utopia of Martha's Vineyard?

So Donald Trump or any other owner of a gulf course would not fight having an oil pipeline breach their golf course boundary?

6,000 Gallons of Oil Spill Onto Valencia Golf Course
A ruptured pipeline sent an estimated 6,000 gallons of crude oil oozing from beneath a Valencia golf course and into the Santa Clara river early this morning, authorities said.
The rupture occurred along a Mobil Oil pipeline, which carries crude oil from Kern County oil fields to a Torrance refinery. It was found by Mobil about 1 a.m. near Tourney Road inside the Valencia Golf Course south of Magic Mountain Road.
Mobil did not know this morning what caused the rupture. Other breaks in recent years have been caused by corrosion of aging pipe sections. Mobil is in the process of seeking government approval to replace the 92-mile pipeline with a safer high-tech system.
Today's rupture is the seventh significant leak from the Mobil pipeline in six years. In 1988, two ruptures three weeks apart in Sherman Oaks and Encino spilled more than 130,000 gallons of crude oil into city sewers. Mobil has spent more than $3.2 million in clean-up costs, damages to property and fines to government agencies.
So, you're stopping America based on a baby pool amount of leaked oil.....no fuck.....

View attachment 108482

And your point is?

View attachment 108482

And your point is?

So Donald Trump or any other owner of a gulf course would not fight having an oil pipeline breach their golf course boundary?

A ruptured pipeline sent an estimated 6,000 gallons of crude oil oozing from beneath a Valencia golf course and into the Santa Clara river early this morning, authorities said.
The rupture occurred along a Mobil Oil pipeline, which carries crude oil from Kern County oil fields to a Torrance refinery. It was found by Mobil about 1 a.m. near Tourney Road inside the Valencia Golf Course south of Magic Mountain Road.
Mobil did not know this morning what caused the rupture. Other breaks in recent years have been caused by corrosion of aging pipe sections. Mobil is in the process of seeking government approval to replace the 92-mile pipeline with a safer high-tech system.
Today's rupture is the seventh significant leak from the Mobil pipeline in six years. In 1988, two ruptures three weeks apart in Sherman Oaks and Encino spilled more than 130,000 gallons of crude oil into city sewers. Mobil has spent more than $3.2 million in clean-up costs, damages to property and fines to government agencies.

6,000 gallons versus 41million gallons!!!
The Exxon Valdez oil spill occurred in Prince William Sound, Alaska, on March 24, 1989, when Exxon Valdez, an oil tanker bound for Long Beach, California struck Prince William Sound's Bligh Reef and spilled 260,000 to 750,000 barrels (41,000 to 119,000 m3) of crude oil.
It is considered to be one of the most devastating human-caused environmental disasters.
The Valdez spill was the largest ever in U.S. waters until the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill, in terms of volume released. However, Prince William Sound's remote location, accessible only by helicopter, plane, and boat, made government and industry response efforts difficult and severely taxed existing plans for response.
The region is a habitat for salmon, sea otters, seals and seabirds. The oil, originally extracted at the Prudhoe Bay oil field, eventually covered 1,300 miles (2,100 km) of coastline, and 11,000 square miles (28,000 km2) of ocean.
Exxon Valdez oil spill - Wikipedia
Transporting 1 million barrels PER MILE in a Tanker on the open ocean and in doing so exposing 11,000 square miles of ocean to pollution (Exxon Valdez anyone?).
Remember Exxon Valdez was ONLY going to Long Beach Ca. only 3,300 miles!
Remember any future 1 million tanker is going to be going to China over 4,000 miles.

View attachment 108482

And your point is?

View attachment 108482

And your point is?

Your story is from 25 years ago. Don't you think metallurgy and safety standards haven't improved since then?

"Other breaks in recent years have been caused by corrosion of aging pipe sections. Mobil is in the process of seeking government approval to replace the 92-mile pipeline with a safer high-tech system."

And there's you answer.

Please see my earlier post containing information abut current corrosion prevention.

6,000 gallons versus 41million gallons!!!
The Exxon Valdez oil spill occurred in Prince William Sound, Alaska, on March 24, 1989, when Exxon Valdez, an oil tanker bound for Long Beach, California struck Prince William Sound's Bligh Reef and spilled 260,000 to 750,000 barrels (41,000 to 119,000 m3) of crude oil.
It is considered to be one of the most devastating human-caused environmental disasters.
The Valdez spill was the largest ever in U.S. waters until the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill, in terms of volume released. However, Prince William Sound's remote location, accessible only by helicopter, plane, and boat, made government and industry response efforts difficult and severely taxed existing plans for response.
The region is a habitat for salmon, sea otters, seals and seabirds. The oil, originally extracted at the Prudhoe Bay oil field, eventually covered 1,300 miles (2,100 km) of coastline, and 11,000 square miles (28,000 km2) of ocean.
Exxon Valdez oil spill - Wikipedia
Transporting 1 million barrels PER MILE in a Tanker on the open ocean and in doing so exposing 11,000 square miles of ocean to pollution (Exxon Valdez anyone?).
Remember Exxon Valdez was ONLY going to Long Beach Ca. only 3,300 miles!
Remember any future 1 million tanker is going to be going to China over 4,000 miles.

Which is why we can get a better deal from the canucks to transport their oil....They can't run a pipeline to Vancouver because their injuns and moonbats won't allow it. And the rip tides and currents around Vancouver are treacherous as any of you who've fished up there know. It would be a matter of days before a super-tanker hit the rocks and that would be the end of that. We got the canucks over a barrel (pun) and Trump will swipe their rings when they shake hands with him.
lol.gif

There will need to be a few thousand SECURITY jobs since the left will sabotage the pipeline any place they can go undetected. I suggest security be given shoot-on-sight orders same as for any other act of terrorism.

View attachment 108482

And your point is?

View attachment 108482

And your point is?

Your story is from 25 years ago. Don't you think metallurgy and safety standards haven't improved since then?

"Other breaks in recent years have been caused by corrosion of aging pipe sections. Mobil is in the process of seeking government approval to replace the 92-mile pipeline with a safer high-tech system."

And there's you answer.

Please see my earlier post containing information abut current corrosion prevention.

Thanks for your input.
But, I'm afraid that there are miles and miles of old pipelines.
Half Century Old Pipelines Carry Oil And Gas Load
http://insideenergy.org/2014/08/01/half-century-old-pipelines-carry-oil-and-gas-load/

And your point is?

And your point is?

And there's you answer.

Thanks for your input.
http://insideenergy.org/2014/08/01/half-century-old-pipelines-carry-oil-and-gas-load/

I give up. Your non-understanding and refusal to acknowledge modern improvements and technologies has made debating with you impossible. Simple robotics to inspect pipeline has made massive improvement to pipeline safety.

But you won't hear it because your mind is made up and that's what the eco terrorist Left has told you.

View attachment 108482

And your point is?

View attachment 108482

And your point is?

So, you're stopping America based on a baby pool amount of leaked oil.....no fuck.....

I'm not stopping anything. I have already posted that I think pipelines are safer tan rail cars.
What I discussing, is the fact that the Dakota Pipeline can be diverted away from the Native American area. The US had already fucked over the Native Americans way too much. Somehow, we are now talking about gulf courses.
Fore.

FACT: Keystone will create 42,000 jobs and contribute 3.5 billion dollars to our economy!

WIN WIN WIN!

Then you got snookered.

This is about Canadian oil being transported to Gulf refineries to be processed into to diesel fuel for EXPORT. It will increase gas prices for Americans, not decrease them. A great deal for Canada, they get a higher price for their crude. A great deal for Mexico, diesel prices drop. Hell, even a good deal for the European countries that will be gobbling up all that diesel along with Mexico.

But America first? Not by any stretch of imagination.

How in the FUCK is it going to increase American Gas/Diesel Prices? By taking up available refining capabilities?

That's idiotic. The first requests/demands for the fuel/gas will be American and they will be honored...... For less money

All it does is make the refineries more profitable by allowing them to run at near-100% capacity. And by doing that, gas/diesel prices will fall as a result.

Look up 'Economies of Scale' dumbass.

Jesus Jumping Christ On A Fucking Pogo Stick but dimocrap scum are fucking stupid.

It's like they can't stand the thought of living good

Idiotic says the man who claims Americans will get the oil simply by "demanding" it and even at a lower price.

Keystone won't make the price of gas go down and might make it go up. Here,

The Keystone XL pipeline isn’t about lowering your gas prices

You don't like the Washington Post, try this one.

Keystone XL Won't Lower Gas Prices, It Might Raise Them

Both several years old. Common knowledge for anyone even minimally aware of the issues. Hell, the application to the US for the permit openly admitted it was about opening up additional markets and would generate an additional dollar per barrel in revenue for Canada. That's over a hundred million dollars per month at current levels.
The pipeline is not about lowering gas prices no matter what political rhetoric has been used to sell it to the people. Your link to Forbes even admits that the general view is that it will lower prices and the OPINION of the writer is not what the general view is. There is no reasonable or rational economic argument that stipulates bringing more supply will somehow increase prices. That is simply an asinine thing to argue.

It is simple - that oil WILL be refined and it WILL be transported to do so. The question we need to answer is if we want the economic activity here in the US and if we want to transport the oil in the safest and most efficient way possible. Without a doubt, that is by pipeline. This is a simple and verifiable fact. The environmental studies have already been done and it is not a viable point in opposition to the pipeline.

The ONLY point that has any merit and has been brought up thus far against KeystoneXL is eminent domain.

And when the disaster happens, and the animals and lands are destroyed, the oil Fatcats will simply say 'Whoops', and go on making their fortunes. It's a 'No-Win' scenario for average Americans. It's only a 'Win' for the oil Fatcats. The risk/reward doesn't work for me. These pipelines are unnecessary. I think many Republicans are gonna regret cheering for this at some point.

From you comment I take it that you believe every red cent of the money generated by the Keystone pipeline would go directly into the pockets of your "fatcats". You are ignoring the fact that the majority of said money is paid to workers, suppliers, Taxes and fees, auxiliary companies, and yes, even the community. That money supports a lot of people.

I understand your concern, which is admirable, for land and wildlife, but living in an area of drilling and pipelines I see, or hear of, no adverse effects on either of those. I have actually seen game birds, deer, and elk nesting/bedding down on buried pipelines in the winter and early spring because the ground is warmer.

As for the land, the heavy crude, like that which will be transported through Keystone, is a coagulant. It would take nearly a full blown break or rupture in the pipeline for there to be a spill. Also, underground pipelines are coated as a prevention against corrosion, and are grounded to stop electrolysis, the two main reasons for leakage. Pipelines are often scheduled to periodically be shut down and a robot sent through to inspect it. So, I believe your concerns are somewhat unwarranted.
It is also worth noting that the link I gave earlier identifies over 80% of pipeline spills occurring at the destination where there are better means of containing and cleaning it up. Spills in the actual line itself are rare.

Then you got snookered.

This is about Canadian oil being transported to Gulf refineries to be processed into to diesel fuel for EXPORT. It will increase gas prices for Americans, not decrease them. A great deal for Canada, they get a higher price for their crude. A great deal for Mexico, diesel prices drop. Hell, even a good deal for the European countries that will be gobbling up all that diesel along with Mexico.

But America first? Not by any stretch of imagination.

How in the FUCK is it going to increase American Gas/Diesel Prices? By taking up available refining capabilities?

That's idiotic. The first requests/demands for the fuel/gas will be American and they will be honored...... For less money

All it does is make the refineries more profitable by allowing them to run at near-100% capacity. And by doing that, gas/diesel prices will fall as a result.

Look up 'Economies of Scale' dumbass.

Jesus Jumping Christ On A Fucking Pogo Stick but dimocrap scum are fucking stupid.

It's like they can't stand the thought of living good

Idiotic says the man who claims Americans will get the oil simply by "demanding" it and even at a lower price.

Keystone won't make the price of gas go down and might make it go up. Here,

The Keystone XL pipeline isn’t about lowering your gas prices

You don't like the Washington Post, try this one.

Keystone XL Won't Lower Gas Prices, It Might Raise Them

Both several years old. Common knowledge for anyone even minimally aware of the issues. Hell, the application to the US for the permit openly admitted it was about opening up additional markets and would generate an additional dollar per barrel in revenue for Canada. That's over a hundred million dollars per month at current levels.
The pipeline is not about lowering gas prices no matter what political rhetoric has been used to sell it to the people. Your link to Forbes even admits that the general view is that it will lower prices and the OPINION of the writer is not what the general view is. There is no reasonable or rational economic argument that stipulates bringing more supply will somehow increase prices. That is simply an asinine thing to argue.

It is simple - that oil WILL be refined and it WILL be transported to do so. The question we need to answer is if we want the economic activity here in the US and if we want to transport the oil in the safest and most efficient way possible. Without a doubt, that is by pipeline. This is a simple and verifiable fact. The environmental studies have already been done and it is not a viable point in opposition to the pipeline.

The ONLY point that has any merit and has been brought up thus far against KeystoneXL is eminent domain.

This is not about increasing supply to domestic consumers. This is about taking supply that is currently being used for domestic production and getting it further inland to the refineries so that it can be processed for EXPORT. It decreases the supply of GASOLINE to US consumers.
No, it increases supply GLOBALLY and oil is a commodity traded on the global market.

And your point is?

And your point is?

And there's you answer.

Thanks for your input.

I give up. Your non-understanding and refusal to acknowledge modern improvements and technologies has made debating with you impossible. Simple robotics to inspect pipeline has made massive improvement to pipeline safety.

But you won't hear it because your mind is made up and that's what the eco terrorist Left has told you.

As Jimmy Valvano once said, "don't ever give up".
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
I will thank God for the day and the moment I have.

Hey, I just quoted facts, in America we have over 40% of all pipelines being classified as "aged". This correlates with our discussion.
Also, in this very thread, I stated that I thought pipelines were safer than using trains to transport oil; etc.
Eco-terrorist? :laugh: Now that's an over-dramatization, if I ever saw one! Hyper-partisans just kill me. :up:

And there's you answer.

Thanks for your input.

As Jimmy Valvano once said, "don't ever give up".
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.
I will thank God for the day and the moment I have.

Hey, I just quoted facts, in America we have over 40% of all pipelines being classified as "aged". This correlates with our discussion.
Also, in this very thread, I stated that I thought pipelines were safer than using trains to transport oil; etc.
Eco-terrorist? :laugh: Now that's an over-dramatization, if I ever saw one! Hyper-partisans just kill me. :up:

That you did, but:
It is also worth noting that the link I gave earlier identifies over 80% of pipeline spills occurring at the destination where there are better means of containing and cleaning it up. Spills in the actual line itself are rare.

So in many respects, you phobia (j/k) over pipeline ruptures sounds more "The sky is falling" to me than than is necessary. The latest pipeline "spill" I can recall was a massive 200 gallons.

MOST Importantly it is ENVIRONMENTALLY Beneficial and here is why!

GUESS what ??
NOW Canada will NOT be shipping via Oil Tanker 1 million barrels a day through the most ship wreck prone straits in the Northwest!
David Mosley, public affairs specialist for the U.S. Coast Guard in Alaska, says that the thousands of ships that already navigate its waters each year face "winter hurricanes" with 40-foot seas and 100-knot winds that appear with little advanced notice.
In a typical year, at least one ship gets into trouble.
"A vessel will have some sort of mechanical or physical issue that then puts them at the mercy of the weather and the waves."
The Dangers of Not Building Keystone XL
Now add 365 tankers each carrying 1 million barrels traveling in these waters every year!

NOT now! Thank goodness Trump understood the environmental impact an Exxon Valdez once
a year is NOW reduced as it would have been without the Keystone!
yes, its safer than rail cars but I don't care. That's not what I am upset about.

then what exactly is your issue?
I have done told you. Its a foreign company using American courts to FORCE Americans to give up their land to said company. Its a foreign company, they shouldn't use our laws against us.

having an easement is not ownership. Do you think the utility companies OWN the easements on your property?

What is the name of this "foreign company"? that you are so pissed about.
Im not much for semantics of my arguments. Some people don't want that shit in their back yard. Its their fucking property. And while ED might be necessary in some cases, it shouldn't include a FOREIGN company.
The concept behind ED is that the people as a whole benefit from the seizure. The source of that seizure is really irrelevant. I disagree with ED on the whole but really the fact that it is a foreign company is irrelevant. If the government has the ability to take property under the guise of the general welfare it has that ability no matter who is trying to get the pipe laid.

As long as the company pays well for the land then it seems fair. 10 million isn't much.

There will need to be a few thousand SECURITY jobs since the left will sabotage the pipeline any place they can go undetected. I suggest security be given shoot-on-sight orders same as for any other act of terrorism.

700 barrels of oil in one mile of pipe on dry land with 16 monitors per mile of the 1,179 mile route..
OR one monitor every 100 yards and Keystone XL will use satellite technology to monitor 20,000 data points on the pipeline’s operating conditions. -
http://keystone-xl.com/facts/myths-facts/#sthash.s5b7zRTS.dpu

Forum List

Back