Torture is wrong and unAmerican, nothing but neo-con filth

The religious and neo-con filth and their defenses remain abominable.

Bush will never to Europe again. None of his neo-con filth advisers will. Up to 30 CIA folks will rot in European jails, if they go to Europe.

And no one in the American government, GOP or Dem, will lift a finger to help them.

The far right and neo-cons torture America with their lies

Bush was never in the loop: Bloomberg View Op-ed: CIA torture report says Bush was kept in dark

Bloomberg View Op-ed CIA torture report says Bush was kept in dark The Salt Lake Tribune

CIA misled BYU grad who wrote memo used to justify torture program

Bloomberg View Op-ed CIA torture report says Bush was kept in dark The Salt Lake Tribune

View attachment 34852

You are literally insane if you truly believe we haven't "tortured" people in the last 6 years.

Sigh. Read the articles, before reacting stupidly again.

It truly saddens me to see the cowards trying to protect themselves by turning America into North Korea. You like North Korea so much - go there. Maybe you'll feel safe there.

The United States is for people who have the courage to defend ideals and principles. If that leaves you out, so be it.

God forbid we get attacked again. But if we do I certainly hope your one of the victims since you have no problem letting Americans die for your weak ass principles you should be the first to go.

Bush will never to Europe again. None of his neo-con filth advisers will. Up to 30 CIA folks will rot in European jails, if they go to Europe.

And no one in the American government, GOP or Dem, will lift a finger to help them.

LOL whatever, there is no one looking to arrest Bush in Europe and if anyone tried to arrest him his secret service detai wouldn't allow it. Bush could travel wherever he wishes

Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War 75 U.N.T.S. 135 entered into force Oct. 21 1950.

Article 3
In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) Taking of hostages;

(c) Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment;

(d) The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

I guess we're ok with throwing out the Geneva convention's convictions too, right? In the name of safety?

Standing up for ideals and principles can be scary I guess.
Too scary for some I suppose.

Here's a principle for you.

If a group of men kidnapped one of your loved ones and was threatening to kill them, and I had one of them in custody and told you that I could get their whereabouts, by utilizing torture, you would tell me to do whatever I had to do to find out where they were.

Guaranteed

I'm just curious ... what ideals and principles are you folks UNWILLING to trade for perceived safety? Will you trade it all just so you can cower in your basement in your soiled undies? THAT'S your vision for America?

Yeah...

No thanks.

And check out D) from Article 3:

The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

I guess we can now take a look at those drone strikes under the current administration, right? Or no? Which is it "liberals"?

Jihadiis should be arrested, brought to US civilian courts, appointed a taxpayer funded civil rights attorney , a UN humanitarian observer, and a member of the progressive caucus to hold his hand. To be fair....
No mean questions allowed. Lmfao

Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War 75 U.N.T.S. 135 entered into force Oct. 21 1950.

Article 3
In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) Taking of hostages;

(c) Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment;

(d) The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

I guess we're ok with throwing out the Geneva convention's convictions too, right? In the name of safety?

You DO realize that the Geneva Convention only applies between parties that have signed, don't you?

I'm not arguing whether torture is right, I'm simply saying that as a legal matter the US is only obligated to follow the Geneva Convention in regards to other signatories.

And check out D) from Article 3:

The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

I guess we can now take a look at those drone strikes under the current administration, right? Or no? Which is it "liberals"?

Doesn't matter, the Geneva Convention doesn't apply

Yes, you've made it clear we can skip the rule of law for the rule of men if it means safety. You're clear on your stance. It goes against everything this country has stood for in inception, but there it is. YOu're alright with it logikandreazon.

It truly saddens me to see the cowards trying to protect themselves by turning America into North Korea. You like North Korea so much - go there. Maybe you'll feel safe there.

The United States is for people who have the courage to defend ideals and principles. If that leaves you out, so be it.

It saddens me to know that fools like you think terrorists are deserving. That they should be handled with kid gloves and be treated like honorable enemies instead of what they are. Murdering scum.

Your are a indeed a fool.

LOL whatever, there is no one looking to arrest Bush in Europe and if anyone tried to arrest him his secret service detai wouldn't allow it. Bush could travel wherever he wishes

No, he can't, and if his SS resisted, they would die. The president can no longer travel with impunity, and he will never travel to Europe again, not even Great Britain.

Yes, you've made it clear we can skip the rule of law for the rule of men if it means safety. You're clear on your stance. It goes against everything this country has stood for in inception, but there it is. YOu're alright with it logikandreazon.

LOL @ "it goes against everything this country has stood for"

Do you REALLY believe that? Because guess what sport, I can point out atrocities by our country far far worse than fucking waterboarding going back to before the COTUS.

No, he can't, and if his SS resisted, they would die. The president can no longer travel with impunity, and he will never travel to Europe again, not even Great Britain.

Oh really? Post a credible link to any arrest warrant for Bush

LOL You idiot

Translation of the morally impaired torture defenders: they hate American values and ideals.

It saddens me to know that fools like you think terrorists are deserving. That they should be handled with kid gloves and be treated like honorable enemies instead of what they are. Murdering scum.

Your are a indeed a fool.

It's easy to be high handed ...right up until it affects your families life.
You can bet with certainty that his attitude would change if terrorist had his family.

Forum List

Back