Toronto police conduct ‘far too many’ strip searches, says damning report from Ontario’s police watc

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Anything creepy about doing this to teenagers?

Welcome to Canada. A nation of creeps and abusers. From the TPS, OPP to RCMP. We have a sick bunch of puppies running this country.

Not to worry, they will tell our American friends differently, anything to cover their asses...

Toronto police conduct ‘far too many’ strip searches, says damning report from Ontario’s police watchdog | The Star

Four out of every 10 arrests Toronto police officers made between 2014 to 2016 involved strip searches — an “inherently degrading” police practice that a landmark Supreme Court decision ruled should never become routine.

The staggering number of strip searches performed in Toronto — a rate 40 times that of five other Ontario police forces of comparable size — is described in a comprehensive report released Thursday by the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD).

I try not to get involved in Canadian affairs since i do not live there. But that many strip searches seems way to excessive. I would think that someone would be trying to shut it down.

Officers, I've been very, very bad....I think I need a strip search.....

781170064955600679.jpg

:biggrin:

I try not to get involved in Canadian affairs since i do not live there. But that many strip searches seems way to excessive. I would think that someone would be trying to shut it down.

I wish Americans would get more involved in our affairs, I say that sincerely. We might not have a country that is socially stuck in the 1930s, with zero accountable, transparency or political courage.

The one issue I remember, and it went a long way to me having some level of respect for Obama for as much as he was imperfect; was when Obama came to Canada and addressed Parliament and he raised the issue of human right abuses in Canada, especially against Native population.

There was uncomfortable applause and even an uncomfortable smile and nod from Trudeau if my memory serves correct. I can disagree with anyone on any issue, but if we agree on Civil Liberties, Rule of Law, Due Process and the like, all the other disagreements fall to the background. Canada is literally many decades behind America, without question.

I know the kinds of lies and dirty tricks they pull, from birth to your death. It's predatory.

It seems to me that if the suspected crime involves, say, theft of farm machinery, then a strip search would be entirely inappropriate and uncalled for. Same for a handgun.

However, if the suspected crime involves the concealment of substances which are quite small - say illegal drugs - then maybe nothing short of a strip search could resolve the issue of whether it is being concealed on the person of the arrestee.

And maybe these strip searches are entirely justified. Be thankful that they are not doing body cavity searches, which are done in prisons and jails - because this stuff is occasionally hidden in body cavities.

Forum List

Back