Tina Turner Says Goodbye

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Tina Turner says he final goodbye to America and her fans in an HBO documentary about her life.

Tina Turner is the sweetest and classiest lady in Rock and Roll. What a total joy to work with. So professional but very sweet at the same time.

She puts on a show that is totally electric as in the energy she puts out on stage is electric. Her back up singers, the twins, Karen and Sharon, basically do a high impact aerobic workout in dancing the whole time on stage while singing.

So does Tina. Only she's singing all the way through that workout and dancing.

I hope to see this documentary. I'm sure it will be moving and filled with wonderful music.

I have been honored to have worked with her a few times. In fact, one of the times I worked with her she wore the dress in the first photo in this article.

I worked with her in the 90s so all my shots of her are on film. I did digitize some of them, not all.

Here's one of my shots of her in that dress in the article:

Tina24A.jpg

Here she is from other shows I worked with her:

Tina11.jpg
Tina14.jpg

Tina Turner says he final goodbye to America and her fans in an HBO documentary about her life.

Tina Turner is the sweetest and classiest lady in Rock and Roll. What a total joy to work with. So professional but very sweet at the same time.

She puts on a show that is totally electric as in the energy she puts out on stage is electric. Her back up singers, the twins, Karen and Sharon, basically do a high impact aerobic workout in dancing the whole time on stage while singing.

I hope to see this documentary. I'm sure it will be moving and filled with wonderful music.

I have been honored to have worked with her a few times. In fact, one of the times I worked with her she wore the dress in the first photo in this article.

I worked with her in the 90s so all my shots of her are on film. I did digitize some of them, not all.

View attachment 473028

View attachment 473029View attachment 473030
Why is she saying goodbye to America for?

View attachment 473028

Being 81 years old and of Ill heath is the reason.

I saw her live second row in SoCal circa 1984 during her Private Dancer Tour.
She was amazing - RIP

The first time I saw her perform was the beginning of that come back.

She did the whole album Private Dancer. It was fantastic.

No one had heard those songs yet that turned into such big hits.

It was at Bumbershoot so the place was totally packed.

View attachment 473028

Being 81 years old and of Ill heath is the reason.
Lol. Yeah that too. I see because her boyfriend of decades lives there and she is bigger there than here in her opinion.

Great career.

She was amazing - RIP

What's Love God to do With it sounds as if it could have been written by Stevie Winwood. Maybe something off of his Arc of a Diver album. Same producer? Yes, her comeback came not long after her split with Ike. What she saw in that dude is beyond me. ;-)

Btw, Bumbershoot has been on my bucket list for far too long - Still going on?

And are these the dancers you were referring to??

We don't do nuthin' 'nice . . . and easy."

What a lady. A dynamo.

You were privileged to have worked with her.

Speaking of Dynamo. Zappa recorded Apostrophe at Ike's studio and Tina and the girls appeared on several songs including this one

For some reason, Ike wasn't happy about it and wouldn't let Zappa credit Tina and the girls with their appearance, but there they are!

Last edited:
What's Love God to do With it sounds as if it could have been written by Stevie Winwood. Maybe something off of his Arc of a Diver album. Same producer? Yes, her comeback came not long after her split with Ike. What she saw in that dude is beyond me. ;-)

She was young and straight out of Nutbush when she met Ike. He was a controlling little moron.

I've always loved Winwood in everything he's done. I'll still be dancing to Gimme Some Lovin' even if I have to do it in a wheelchair.

I might add that this was back in the days when people actually played their own instruments, rather than digital sampling.

She was young and straight out of Nutbush when she met Ike. He was a controlling little moron.

I've always loved Winwood in everything he's done. I'll still be dancing to Gimme Some Lovin' even if I have to do it in a wheelchair.

I might add that this was back in the days when people actually played their own instruments, rather than digital sampling.

Another guy I was fortunate to catch live early 90s in Salem, Oregon. IMHO, Arc is one of the top 10 pop albums of all time.

She was amazing - RIP

I can't tell in that video but here are the twins, Karen and Sharon.

From the tour I photographed in 1993. Lindsey Buckingham opened the show.

Yes she's wearing that dress in the first shot in the article.

Ahh Lindsey Buckingham. He could really make that guitar sing. Out of the Cradle another favorite album!

She was amazing - RIP

That's the problem with bucket lists.

You don't do what's on that list.

I have no use for bucket lists.

Live your life to the fullest. Don't just exist.

If you do that, you will never need a bucket list.

Yes Bumbershoot is still happening. I started going to it and photographing it in the early 80s.

Don't just make a list.

Live your life.

Bumbershoot hopefully will happen this year. It happens every Labor Day.

Another guy I was fortunate to catch live early 90s in Salem, Oregon. IMHO, Arc is one of the top 10 pop albums of all time.

Yes I agree. Arc of the Diver is one of the all time greatest albums.

However.

It can't hold a candle to The Dark Side of The Moon.

That's the problem with bucket lists.

You don't do what's on that list.

I have no use for bucket lists.

Live your life to the fullest. Don't just exist.

If you do that, you will never need a bucket list.

Yes Bumbershoot is still happening. I started going to it and photographing it in the early 80s.

Don't just make a list.

Live your life.

Bumbershoot hopefully will happen this year. It happens every Labor Day.

Well said! I don't actually HAVE a list - Just stuff that rattles around in my brain that I need to do in the next 15 years or so while I'm still able to enjoy. Europe is one of those rattlers. I have a cousin with a home outside of Paris and another in Netherlands. Have an open invitation. As soon as I get my second Moderna shot it may be time. Not sure if we're still unwelcome there however. ;)

Ahh Lindsey Buckingham. He could really make that guitar sing. Out of the Cradle another favorite album!

Lindsey Buckingham is one of the most under rated and under acknowledged guitar players in Rock and Roll.

Very few can hold a candle to him.

He is truly blessed with a gift and he's a genius with it.

Fun fact, the shots I took of Lindsey that day in 1993, were used in the VH1 documentary show Behind The Music of Lindsey Buckingham.

I have worked with Lindsey Buckingham many times. Both with Fleetwood Mac and alone.

Here are a couple shots Lindsey from that 1993 Turner Show he opened.

Lindsey30A.jpg
Lindsey6.jpg

Forum List

Back