Thought Provoking Sports Question of the Day

Anonymous519

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2021
Florida
"Which athlete would you be willing to pay top dollar to watch perform in person?"

While I only got to see Roberto Clemente perform on television I wish I had the chance to see him at Three Rivers Stadium. Unfortunately, I was just 12 when he tragically died and had just begun to follow baseball so the only time I saw him live was on television for the 1971 World Series. I would have also enjoyed going to a Muhammad Ali fight and sit ringside.

"Which athlete would you be willing to pay top dollar to watch perform in person?"

While I only got to see Roberto Clemente perform on television I wish I had the chance to see him at Three Rivers Stadium. Unfortunately, I was just 12 when he tragically died and had just begun to follow baseball so the only time I saw him live was on television for the 1971 World Series. I would have also enjoyed going to a Muhammad Ali fight and sit ringside.
Aribariba! was fans reaction when Clemente took the field. I saw him at Forbes field
and he could throw a ball from the right field fence on a string to home plate.
Best arm I ever wittnessed.

Pay top dollar? Roger Federer in a grand slam event

Aribariba! was fans reaction when Clemente took the field. I saw him at Forbes field

I had heard that Clemente would go out to right field in Forbes Field with his back to home plate and practice turning and throwing to home plate so that it became automatic. ABSOLUTELY greatest arm in the history of baseball from the outfield. Remember when he used to throw back to first base picking off runners that turned the corner on a single?

1616423592138.png

I had heard that Clemente would go out to right field in Forbes Field with his back to home plate and practice turning and throwing to home plate so that it became automatic. ABSOLUTELY greatest arm in the history of baseball from the outfield. Remember when he used to throw back to first base picking off runners that turned the corner on a single?

View attachment 470812
I remember Clemente, before the start of games, standing at the right-field fence in Forbes field and lazily playing catch with the second baseman who was standing on second base.

Forum List

Back