Zone1 Thomas Sowell: "Systemic Racism has no meaning".

Interesting quote from the OP's linked article:

Sowell has also opined on the issue of racism in America, explaining in 2012 that “racism is not dead, but it is on life support — kept alive by politicians, race hustlers and people who get a sense of superiority by denouncing others as ‘racists.’”
I think it goes beyond a mere sense of superiority, too. It is all about power dynamics and gaining an advantage over others. Just look at IM2's incessant whining that he wants to be rewarded for the color of his skin by being given money, for instance. The whole idea is to create a professional victim class where constant threats and abusive language replace education and a work ethic as a means for income.

Systemic Racism Doesn’t Exist Because I’m Not Racist

Right?

What we call “systemic racism” is problematic because it uses the word “racism”, which most white people will never accept themselves as being. Systemic racism partially implies that a lot of people are racist and don’t even know it, and herein lies the fundamental problem with the phrase. Systemic racism is in some cases conscious and malicious, but more often requiring unconscious participation by people who would otherwise never think of themselves as ‘racist’. When used by itself, “racism” implies an active dislike of other races, so it’s inclusion in “systemic racism” will trigger many white people into assuming they have no role in it. You can’t call these people racist and expect them to accept it because by their definition ‘racism’ requires conscious participation.

For our purposes here, let’s expand the definition to include a ‘lack of respect’ as opposed to an active dislike. Some have pointed to the problem of meritocracy, where the relatively well-off (even the poorest of the whites may fit this category) assume that those at the bottom are there because of a lack of hard work as opposed to a lack of access to resources. That is, the fact that many blacks live in poor conditions is the clearest evidence that they are not worthy of the chances given. White people of course don’t realize the extent to which those chances are lacking.

In reality, the very fact that black people are excluded is the clearest proof of systemic racism. For the sake of this argument, it doesn’t matter WHY they’re excluded, just the fact that they ARE excluded. Certain people have been shunned by the system, so we call it systemic. Those people belong to a certain race, so we call it racism.

Maybe ‘racism’ is too harsh for white peoples’ ears. Systemic Racial Exclusion?

Racism does not have to be an active hatred of another race, it can be a lack of respect leading to inaction. Black people have been saying for a long time that there are problems. They have been saying that they are outraged, feel dehumanized, and acutely feeling the attempts at being broken down. They are pointing out that there is large-scale exclusion at the institutional level (loan/banking access, policing disparities, health care access, educational opportunities, etc). Since this exclusion is built into the way the system functions, we call it systemic. Since it happens along racial lines, we call it racism.

Maybe someone isn’t racist, but they still have to explain why blacks are excluded. Are they bad? Do they lack intelligence? Are they lazy? If not, then we still don’t have an answer. Maybe racism is other things besides lynchings. Maybe racism is other things besides Neo-Nazis.

Systemic racism is a make believe term. It isn’t even clear that it has a definition.

So, maybe we can craft one on which the discussion may have a firmer foundation. What we will need is an honest and meaningful definition of “racism” that applies to any individual without fictional carve outs. Such a definition won’t exclude any person of any race on the basis of race. A person will either qualify as racist under the definition or he won’t.

Next, we would need to be precise in answering the question of which “system” is racist. What is meant specifically by the term “systemic racism?”

Most often in these threads, questions of this nature are either ignored or simply evaded with a wave of the magical term “you’re a racist.” Let’s see if you’re up to an honest discussion, instead.

Not really. When the totals for that year came out blacks dd not commit 9 times the murderss than whites did.
I just did the rough math using the numbers provided. I know math can be difficult for some. The precise total is 8.71 times the rates of whites.

Last edited:
Systemic racism is a make believe term. It isn’t even clear that it has a definition.

So, maybe we can craft one on which the discussion may have a firmer foundation. What we will need is an honest and meaningful definition of “racism” that applies to any individual without fictional carve outs. Such a definition won’t exclude any person of any race on the basis of race. A person will either qualify as racist under the definition or he won’t.

Next, we would need to be precise in answering the question of which “system” is racist. What is meant specifically by the term “systemic racism?”

Most often in these threads, questions of this nature are either ignored or simply evaded with a wave of the magical term “you’re a racist.” Let’s see if you’re up to an honest discussion, instead.
As soon as you ask any Race Baiter to be precise and specific about 'systemic racism', they either head for the hills or accuse you of being a racist and then head for the hills.

I just did the rough math using the numbers provided. I know math can be difficult for some. The precise total is 8'71 times the rates of whites.
Have you seen this?

“Table 2 below shows the African/European and Latin/European ratios for the combined violent crimes. A separate table for murder follows presently.”

1626465124665.png

Charles Murray, "Facing Reality"

NYC.....black population arrested for serious crime at a rate nearly 12 times that of the white.
In Washington, DC......the rate is 20 times.
Don't forget....the Democrat LATimes says the Right has "repeatedly twisted crime statistics to portray Black people as more violent than whites — a theme for white supremacists."

I just did the rough math using the numbers provided. I know math can be difficult for some. The precise total is 8.71 times the rates of whites.
And it's not that either.

Have you seen this?

“Table 2 below shows the African/European and Latin/European ratios for the combined violent crimes. A separate table for murder follows presently.”

1626465124665.png

Charles Murray, "Facing Reality"

NYC.....black population arrested for serious crime at a rate nearly 12 times that of the white.
In Washington, DC......the rate is 20 times.
Don't forget....the Democrat LATimes says the Right has "repeatedly twisted crime statistics to portray Black people as more violent than whites — a theme for white supremacists."
Charles Murray? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

As soon as you ask any Race Baiter to be precise and specific about 'systemic racism', they either head for the hills or accuse you of being a racist and then head for the hills.
Race baiters pretend not to know what systemic racism is.

And it's not that either.
You respond to a post over a month and a half old to say absolutely nothing?
The kiddie table is down the hall. They'll give you the attention you crave there.

You don't know what systemic racism is?

We've dealt with this lie about racism many times before.

I can give lots of documented examples of anti-white racism by the Democrats, but when they are asked to document any of the imaginary anti-black racism.....all we hear are.....

This is what I've named the Elmer Phenomenon......truth is revealed, and they ignore it.

Sowell suffers from dementia, stockholm syndrome and internalized racism.
Can you source those professional diagnoses, please? And make sure to identify the doctors while you're at it.

Race baiters pretend not to know what systemic racism is.
I know what it is. It’s when Bank of America lowers lending requirements for blacks, or when universities lower admissions standards for blacks while rejecting Asians because they are “unlikeable.”

Forum List

Back