This made me smile

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
1626010012124.png

We replaced our dining room chairs last week. I took the old ones out to the end of the driveway. Before I could write "FREE" on a piece of paper, and return, they were gone.

Those chairs were beat down too. Times must be really tough.

We replaced our dining room chairs last week. I took the old ones out to the end of the driveway. Before I could write "FREE" on a piece of paper, and return, they were gone.

I had a friend who lived in Mpls. When we wanted to get rid of old crappy furniture, we would drive to the city, put it in the alley and within hours it was always gone.

I had a friend who lived in Mpls. When we wanted to get rid of old crappy furniture, we would drive to the city, put it in the alley and within hours it was always gone.
Yeah, same here. We don't live in a bad neighborhood, but you don't have to drive real far to find one. There are always 'opportunists' prowling.

We have a sizable mexican community nearby. Some of them diligently drive pickup trucks around our neighborhood early in the mornings looking for curbside treasure.
If you set a discarded items outside on the curb, and then go back in the house to make your morning cup of coffee. By the time you finish drinking your cup of coffee and peer out the window, the curb is bare. ... :cool:

A couple of years ago, i sent a nice pair of antique binoculars using UPS to a relative of mine as a gift. After a couple of weeks went by I hadn't heard from him about the gift. So I called and asked if he liked the binoculars? He replied, "what binoculars"?
Seems one of those low life porch pirate's had stolen the package while he was at work.
Now whenever I ship anything, I pay the extra charge for signature required delivery. ... :cool:

Forum List

Back