There is hope my friends.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
For anyone who doesn't know me I'm a 60 year old white man from up north living in the south since around 1983.....( the year Scarface came out..... for some reason that's been a reference point for me). 22 years of long cold winters got old for me, is probably the main reason I stayed down here.

On a side note ,another one of my historic reference points was 1970 in South Carolina. On a family vacation driving from Ohio to Florida, we stopped off on the highway in some small town in South Carolina and I remember distinctly seeng the water fountain with a whites-only sign above it. ... I grew up in a more or less segregated town in Northern Ohio but it's the first time I had seen anything like that first hand.

Fast forward to yesterday. On the way to a friend's house I drove past a young black boy, 4 or 5 years old I'm guessing, sitting on the curb between two cars holding a basketball and I rolled the window down, smiled and waved to him, and I'll never forget the way he smiled and waved back to me..

It was like he trusted me and we really had a connection going on and I don't think it's like he just sits there waving at everyone and I know better than to go around waving at little kids but this was different It actually brought tears to my eyes.

It's one of those surreal moments in time that you never forget. It's almost like a ghost apparition in my head now best razors that sounds but is still reminding me that there is some hope in the world.....

If there's a moral or lesson to this story I guess it's.... we can end racism one little smile at a time..... communicate with each other stop letting our so-called leaders divide us the way they are.

I have seen drinking fountains with a sign "white only". Now it would not surprise me to see a sign saying "this fountain is reserved for the exclusive use of POC".

For anyone who doesn't know me I'm a 60 year old white man from up north living in the south since around 1983.....( the year Scarface came out..... for some reason that's been a reference point for me). 22 years of long cold winters got old for me, is probably the main reason I stayed down here.

On a side note ,another one of my historic reference points was 1970 in South Carolina. On a family vacation driving from Ohio to Florida, we stopped off on the highway in some small town in South Carolina and I remember distinctly seeng the water fountain with a whites-only sign above it. ... I grew up in a more or less segregated town in Northern Ohio but it's the first time I had seen anything like that first hand.

Fast forward to yesterday. On the way to a friend's house I drove past a young black boy, 4 or 5 years old I'm guessing, sitting on the curb between two cars holding a basketball and I rolled the window down, smiled and waved to him, and I'll never forget the way he smiled and waved back to me..

It was like he trusted me and we really had a connection going on and I don't think it's like he just sits there waving at everyone and I know better than to go around waving at little kids but this was different It actually brought tears to my eyes.

It's one of those surreal moments in time that you never forget. It's almost like a ghost apparition in my head now best razors that sounds but is still reminding me that there is some hope in the world.....

If there's a moral or lesson to this story I guess it's.... we can end racism one little smile at a time..... communicate with each other stop letting our so-called leaders divide us the way they are.

Yes !! The leftist Maoist use classical Marxist tactics

It's reality ma

It's reality man. If you'd grown up in an integrated neighborhood like I did, you would know it to.
What are you talking about...I was in a HS graduating class of 500...maybe 10% were white.

I grew up living in black and brown neighborhoods.

I didn't even marry a white woman.

This Pollyanna "everybody hold hands" BS, is just that.

The only suckers who believe it, YET, at the same time are STAUNCHLY opposed to white in group preference...are white people.

Idiot Dodos.

Thanks! Great story! I'm glad you are still searching, for a glimmer of hope, in this very trying era we now live in!

The hubby and I do the same, and always try to recognize and note for good measure to one another, when we come upon one of those few given "Ray of hope!" moments.

Care

What are you talking about...I was in a HS graduating class of 500...maybe 10% were white.

I grew up living in black and brown neighborhoods.

I didn't even marry a white woman.

This Pollyanna "everybody hold hands" BS, is just that.

The only suckers who believe it, YET, at the same time are STAUNCHLY opposed to white in group preference...are white people.

Idiot Dodos.
Geez you had a very tough child hood ??
My area as a kid was 2/3 Jews and life was super easy

Geez you had a very tough child hood ??
My area as a kid was 2/3 Jews and life was super easy
Why yes I did.

However, I learned a lot about humanity.

As i was never insulated, and pretty much raised myself.

The high school I graduated from was a Hell of a lot better than many of the schools I attended growing up.

Keep your smiles. It's totally peripheral and inconsequential. The same white people that smile in your face, are the same ones who create every rationalization and false pretense when that same black kid is shot in the head by a cop in 8 seconds of seeing him, because he had a toy gun. I can really care less if a white person hates my guts, and know that they hate my guts! I'm much more concerned that the gold ends up on the right commons. If we're not talking about that, then we're not talking at all.

Keep your smiles. It's totally peripheral and inconsequential. The same white people that smile in your face, are the same ones who create every rationalization and false pretense when that same black kid is shot in the head by a cop in 8 seconds of seeing him, because he had a toy gun. I can really care less if a white person hates my guts, and know that they hate my guts! I'm much more concerned that the gold ends up on the right commons. If we're not talking about that, then we're not talking at all.
What you keep overlooking is that "toy gun" looked exactly like a real one. The orange barrel tip had been painted over to make it look more real. Tragedies like that are why the orange tips were mandated in the first place.

What you keep overlooking is that "toy gun" looked exactly like a real one. The orange barrel tip had been painted over to make it look more real. Tragedies like that are why the orange tips were mandated in the first place.
He would not care abut that kid getting killed had he been a white boy.

Forum List

Back