There are just some things whites need to learn

There are just some things whites need to learn

I hear ya...

depositphotos_4893335-stock-photo-algebraic-old-math-book.jpg

1. RE Post to MB: "It would appear those are the things you want. Because you keep trying to tell me about black people . But I am black and face things blacks actually face. But according to you the issues I see as an actual black person cannot be. I must only accept what you say the issues are. And if I don't then I am the one who doesn't want understanding."

2. "Emily, no other race of people in America have done what whites have done and continue doing. All your attempts to make equivalences only allows racists to deny their problem."

Now we are REALLY getting to the point, IM2, thank you for clarifying and pushing the meaning and reasons behind what you say.

1. NOBODY should really expect to tell ANYONE their business.
You are not them. They are not you.

As one of my friends explained it "neurologically" as an atheist/humanist/relativist to an EXTREME,
each individual develops such intricate unique brain patterns conditioned with LANGUAGE and EXPERIENCES
that we can barely understand each other, we process information so differently.
It's amazing we communicate at all, and no wonder we conflict because of the sheer numbers of combinations
of "neural impulses" that can't POSSIBLY match up.

NOTE: this applies back to itself, IM2
Once "I am not you" then however YOU voice and express your objections,
even if it is nowhere NEAR the way "I would SAY the same thing"
that's your way that means something to you that NOBODY ELSE
on the PLANET, in the UNIVERSE, or any place in history or ETERNITY,
can replicate understand or "dictate" because NOBODY ELSE IS YOU.

Thus, you and anyone else, are NOT going to perfectly understand.
And if you already have this mode of addressing and talking with people,
including already clash with people who can't stand the way you say it,
that's not going to change "by talking to you outside your stated conditions."

2. As for "no other race in America doing what whites have done"
A. Neither has the good (or bad) that European descendants/Caucasians have done
been done by anyone else.
B. Neither has the good (or bad) that Black individuals have done been done by anyone else.
THIS ISN'T ABOUT FALSE EQUIVALENCIES

It's about taking EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON and talking about what THAT PERSON does that is good or bad.
And if it is bad, how do we CORRECT the bad problem instead of "judging the person or group".
Bad problems involve FACTORS that can be corrected.

Race cannot be changed, it is genetic,
if you are saying the race is the problem, how is race causing that.
How is it genetics of the Chromosomes causing the criticized outcomes and behavior?

Wouldn't you say the conditioning, prejudice, or oppressive behavior and attitude
is in the mind or spirit, or is in societal institutions?

If so, THOSE CAN BE RESOLVED, and patterns from the past CAUSED by these factors
CAN BE CHANGED to be corrected and prevented, including restitution to restore justice.

3. Whatever problems you have with "white people dominating others" and "imposing their biases" and "justifying the same disparity to continue"
ALL THAT IS CAUSED BY INDIVIDUAL MINDSETS AND INSTITUTIONAL CONDITIONS THAT CAN CHANGE

It isn't the "race" in itself, but some CONDITIONING you are saying
such PEOPLE are carrying. This effects INDIVIDUALS first, and COLLECTIVELY
it affects "whole groups". The way human nature accepts change, the individuals
FORGIVE and let go of past patterns to ACCEPT and RECEIVE change and growth.

This starts in the mind or spirit of the person INDIVIDUALLY, then affects RELATIONS with others,
AND THEN IT AFFECTS THE COLLECTIVE INSTITUTIONS in a replicating ripple effect.

Do you understand I am NOT justifying or saying "it doesn't matter" or "it's all the same"

I'm saying it's the opposite: IT DOES MATTER BECAUSE
NO INDIVIDUALS ARE THE SAME.
WE ALL HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS SAME PROCESS TO CHANGE INSTITUTIONS.

So if you want "white people" and "white biases in institutions" to change,
it takes breaking down these "collective entities" back to
INDIVIDUAL INTERACTIONS ONE ON ONE.
Then people INCLUDING WHITES can take responsibility for changing themselves.

NOTE: IM2 if this is NOT your way, of "breaking things down to the individual molecules," you are right, that may be YOUR way because you are Black and you communicate COLLECTIVELY with your brothers and sisters in the struggle that only YOU understand and CAN REPRESENT.

if it's just more "white people way" to address "one on one" and take things "individually"
while grouping "collective perceptions" in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT WAY (including "false equivalencies")
then THAT IS NOT YOUR WAY.

So by this very dynamic, your way is uniquely you.
You call it being Black and part of that Black collective dynamic.

I see it as you individually expressing and just being you, including this as part of YOU.
So that's my "white cultural thinking" spelled out
in "Asian Emily" terms, where I mix both the "collective mentality" with the "individual unique language"
and likely offend both sides by trying to pick both apart
down to the molecules where I can understand them
from MY individual way, which is a mix of different cultures as well.

Thank you for accommodating my different way on here
that has some of the same elements as the "white people's way"
Sorry about that

The difference with me, individually as Emily, is that I FORGIVE whatever ways
you have and these other "white people" have that so offend and contradict each other.

I forgive that anyway, because I understand you have your own way of seeing and saying things, and so do they. And your language and meaning totally step on and impose on each other.

I think it's also a MALE thing, where men's responses are conditioned to
PROTECT THEIR TURF FROM OTHER MALE DOMINANCE
So there's THAT FACTOR going on as well.

I am guessing all of the "white or black" MEN on here would end up clashing more
with other MEN regardless of race, but part of that is GENDER.

You can't CHANGE the fact you are MALE
so that's another level to forgive.

Thank you for sharing and I hope you get more mileage out of this
thread than you asked or expected. We need more people like you
willing to spell it all out and share resources and information to bridge these gaps.

Keep up the informative posts, and transparent clarifications
that really help. Take care and I'll see you on the other side
of this barrier you are working to take down. Best wishes
and you have my support to keep fighting the good fight,
and overcoming any obstacles you face in this struggle.

Thanks!

This has nothing to do with the thread topic. Most blacks oppose what white conservatives support. I am black, and in this thread I will not be arguing with anyone white trying to tell me about black people. Your next off topic post will be reported.
You don't speak for all black people. Obviously.

I'd speak for all black people if I said what whites like you need to hear. You don't speak for any black people. 2 percent of the black community is republican. I know what black people are wb. Because I am black. Since you have decided to argue off topic and won't stop, you will be reported.

Last edited:
There are far too many whites here arguing with things said by blacks without having read any information. And while I doubt if those who are only here because they can talk their racist trash without getting their teeth busted will read these facts, be forewarned that off topic posts will be reported immediately.

You are about to begin looking at information from a report named "More Black than Blue: Politics and Power in the 2019 Black Census" by the Black Futures Lab

"The Black Futures Lab’s Black Census Project is the largest survey of Black people conducted in the United States since Reconstruction. Reached through online outreach methods and community partnerships, over 30,000 Black people from across the country participated in the Black Census Project, providing experiences, views and opinions about politics, society, and the opportunities and challenges facing Black communities and the nation. The Black Census Project amplifies the concerns and aspirations of the most politically and civically engaged Black adults in the U.S., revealing issues critical to activating and engaging Black communities in the years ahead."

To conduct the Census, the Black Futures Lab worked in partnership with more than 30 grassroots organizations serving Black communities nationwide. The Black Futures Lab also partnered with 2 of the largest online civil rights organizations serving Black communities and their allies— PushBlack and Color of Change. As a result, the Black Census includes populations that are usually not represented or are underrepresented in traditional surveys, such as homeless people, incarcerated people, LGBTQ people, Black Republicans and conservatives, Black immigrants, and mixed-raced people with a Black parent, among others.

The Black Census is not a traditional probabilistic survey sample, which often fails to fully represent populations whose experiences are important to understanding the complexity of Black life. Instead, the Black Census utilized unique survey collection methods that drew on robust online networks and sent local organizers into Black businesses, churches, libraries, barbershops and other community gathering places from North Carolina to Nevada, providing a rare and important opportunity to hear and learn from voices too often at the margins of America’s political debate.

This is the first in a series of reports on the Black Census, focusing on the most pressing economic and criminal justice issues among Black Census respondents, with a spotlight on how respondents are engaged in the electoral process.
Maybe things have changed. Having work side by side with blacks, we talked about things important to us-I wanted to finish college
There are far too many whites here arguing with things said by blacks without having read any information. And while I doubt if those who are only here because they can talk their racist trash without getting their teeth busted will read these facts, be forewarned that off topic posts will be reported immediately.

You are about to begin looking at information from a report named "More Black than Blue: Politics and Power in the 2019 Black Census" by the Black Futures Lab

"The Black Futures Lab’s Black Census Project is the largest survey of Black people conducted in the United States since Reconstruction. Reached through online outreach methods and community partnerships, over 30,000 Black people from across the country participated in the Black Census Project, providing experiences, views and opinions about politics, society, and the opportunities and challenges facing Black communities and the nation. The Black Census Project amplifies the concerns and aspirations of the most politically and civically engaged Black adults in the U.S., revealing issues critical to activating and engaging Black communities in the years ahead."

To conduct the Census, the Black Futures Lab worked in partnership with more than 30 grassroots organizations serving Black communities nationwide. The Black Futures Lab also partnered with 2 of the largest online civil rights organizations serving Black communities and their allies— PushBlack and Color of Change. As a result, the Black Census includes populations that are usually not represented or are underrepresented in traditional surveys, such as homeless people, incarcerated people, LGBTQ people, Black Republicans and conservatives, Black immigrants, and mixed-raced people with a Black parent, among others.

The Black Census is not a traditional probabilistic survey sample, which often fails to fully represent populations whose experiences are important to understanding the complexity of Black life. Instead, the Black Census utilized unique survey collection methods that drew on robust online networks and sent local organizers into Black businesses, churches, libraries, barbershops and other community gathering places from North Carolina to Nevada, providing a rare and important opportunity to hear and learn from voices too often at the margins of America’s political debate.

This is the first in a series of reports on the Black Census, focusing on the most pressing economic and criminal justice issues among Black Census respondents, with a spotlight on how respondents are engaged in the electoral process.
Sorry, I learn only what I want to learn-but I do listen to whoever is speaking.

1. RE Post to MB: "It would appear those are the things you want. Because you keep trying to tell me about black people . But I am black and face things blacks actually face. But according to you the issues I see as an actual black person cannot be. I must only accept what you say the issues are. And if I don't then I am the one who doesn't want understanding."

2. "Emily, no other race of people in America have done what whites have done and continue doing. All your attempts to make equivalences only allows racists to deny their problem."

Now we are REALLY getting to the point, IM2, thank you for clarifying and pushing the meaning and reasons behind what you say.

As one of my friends explained it "neurologically" as an atheist/humanist/relativist to an EXTREME,
each individual develops such intricate unique brain patterns conditioned with LANGUAGE and EXPERIENCES
that we can barely understand each other, we process information so differently.
It's amazing we communicate at all, and no wonder we conflict because of the sheer numbers of combinations

B. Neither has the good (or bad) that Black individuals have done been done by anyone else.

It's about taking EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON and talking about what THAT PERSON does that is good or bad.
And if it is bad, how do we CORRECT the bad problem instead of "judging the person or group".

How is it genetics of the Chromosomes causing the criticized outcomes and behavior?

Wouldn't you say the conditioning, prejudice, or oppressive behavior and attitude

If so, THOSE CAN BE RESOLVED, and patterns from the past CAUSED by these factors
CAN BE CHANGED to be corrected and prevented, including restitution to restore justice.

3. Whatever problems you have with "white people dominating others" and "imposing their biases" and "justifying the same disparity to continue"
ALL THAT IS CAUSED BY INDIVIDUAL MINDSETS AND INSTITUTIONAL CONDITIONS THAT CAN CHANGE

This starts in the mind or spirit of the person INDIVIDUALLY, then affects RELATIONS with others,

Do you understand I am NOT justifying or saying "it doesn't matter" or "it's all the same"

NOTE: IM2 if this is NOT your way, of "breaking things down to the individual molecules," you are right, that may be YOUR way because you are Black and you communicate COLLECTIVELY with your brothers and sisters in the struggle that only YOU understand and CAN REPRESENT.

if it's just more "white people way" to address "one on one" and take things "individually"
while grouping "collective perceptions" in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT WAY (including "false equivalencies")

I see it as you individually expressing and just being you, including this as part of YOU.
in "Asian Emily" terms, where I mix both the "collective mentality" with the "individual unique language"

Sorry about that

you have and these other "white people" have that so offend and contradict each other.

I forgive that anyway, because I understand you have your own way of seeing and saying things, and so do they. And your language and meaning totally step on and impose on each other.

I am guessing all of the "white or black" MEN on here would end up clashing more

willing to spell it all out and share resources and information to bridge these gaps.

Thanks!

No Emily it's not about being male. Some of the fiercest warriors against white racism have been black women. Ask Gladys. This nation was built on the idea of the collective while those in the controlling collective lied to themselves about individualism. We are talking about a macro level problem and individualism is a micro level belief.

Black Census respondents do not see the economic challenges of Black communities in a vacuum. Respondents understand that economic inequality is at the heart of many of these problems, and respondents prefer redistributive solutions. Eighty-six percent of respondents think it is the role of government to address the gap between the rich and the poor. Black Census respondents also strongly support a tax system that demands more from the wealthy to fund public goods, an improved social safety net, and a reduction in inequality.

More than three-quarters (76 percent) of respondents favor increasing taxes on individuals earning $250,000 or more, including a majority (55 percent) who strongly favor this policy. While there is major agreement, there are some telling differences in intensity regarding this policy. At least 6 in 10 respondents from all income groups strongly favor increasing taxes on the wealthy, with the exception of those earning
more than $100,000. Only a majority (53 percent) of this group strongly favors increasing taxes on the wealthiest Americans, but overall agreement with the policy is still in line with the larger sample of Black Census respondents.

In addition to favoring increased taxes on the wealthy, Black Census respondents oppose corporate tax cuts that fuel growing inequality in the country. Nearly 6 in 10 (58 percent) assert that the government should not cut corporate taxes. The main opposition to corporate tax cuts comes from respondents with high incomes. More than three-quarters (76 percent) of Black Census respondents with incomes over $100,000 oppose reducing taxes on corporations; only 9 percent favor this policy. Black Census respondents with the lowest incomes (less than $15,000) are divided in opinion, while generally opposed: 45 percent are opposed and 36 percent are in favor.

Black Census respondents have a coherent view of the economic problems of Black communities and see economic issues as interrelated. Respondents recognize that Black people suffer from low incomes, low wealth, high debts, and economic insecurity. To address these issues, Black Census
respondents support progressive economic solutions that would increase the incomes and economic security of Black people in the United States.

Black Census respondents support increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour to begin addressing the issue of low wages. More than 7 in 10 (71 percent) respondents “strongly favor” increasing the minimum wage to $15 an hour, while an additional 14 percent “favor” the policy. In total, 85 percent support a $15 minimum wage.

Higher education can be a powerful gateway to economic mobility. Indeed, the percentage of Black students pursuing and earning college degrees has steadily increased in recent decades.14 Yet as states invest less in public higher education, the cost of attending college, including community college, has grown dramatically.15 With less household wealth to draw on, Black students typically need to borrow more money to attend college than students of other backgrounds.16 Almost 9 in 10 (85 percent) Black Census respondents see rising college costs as a problem for the community. Seventy-seven percent see it as a major problem, and 8 percent see it as a minor problem. To address this problem, 84 percent of respondents favor making college education affordable for any person who wants to attend.

The high cost of health care is another pressing economic concern. Again, the issue is personal for Black Census respondents: Nearly 1 in 3 (32 percent) has put off seeing a doctor for financial reasons in the last 12 months, and another 14 percent lives with someone who has. Although the Affordable Care Act contributed to substantial gains in health insurance coverage among Black people, Black people remain less likely than white people to have health coverage.17 And even among those with health insurance, uncovered procedures or providers, high deductibles, and out-of-pocket cost sharing contribute to unaffordable health care costs and medical debt.18 In fact, older Black adults are nearly 3 times as likely as older white adults to have medical debt.

Black Census respondents recognize that we do not have a health insurance system that provides the needed care at an affordable cost for all Americans, and are aware that the system disproportionately fails Black people. Nearly 90 percent of Black Census respondents see the lack of affordable health care as a problem in the community. This problem is of particular concern for Black Census respondents over the age of 60. Eighty-four percent of senior respondents say the lack of affordable health care is a “major problem,” while 73 percent of young respondents under age 30 say the same.

To improve access to affordable health care, 90 percent of Black Census respondents support the idea of the government providing affordable and quality health care. Within this high level of agreement, there are small differences among generations. Black Census respondents over the age of 60 are nearly unanimous (96 percent) in the belief that government should provide health care. Among the youngest respondents (18-29) that agreement is a still-strong 86 percent.

A majority of Black people live in a rental home, and most Black renter households spend a disproportionate amount of total income on rent.20 For a large share of the Black population, “the rent is too damn high.” Nearly a third (31 percent) of Black Census respondents report being unable to pay the rent or mortgage in the last 12 months or having someone else in the household unable to pay. Nearly 90 percent of Black Census respondents see the lack of affordable quality housing as a problem in the community. On this question there are modest, but important, differences between respondents who are homeowners and those who are not.

Three-quarters of respondents who are homeowners think the lack of affordable housing is a major problem, but among those who do not own their home, this proportion increases to 81 percent. As a solution to this issue, 87 percent of respondents believe in a right to housing: The government should provide adequate housing for people who do not have access.
It appears those concerns pretty much affect white people too. unskilled people of all races want minimum wage increased. Poor whites cant find affordable housing. These issues are not race based concerns.

Newsflash.

Whites don't need any more lessons than blacks.

Petulance is not a virtue.

Newsflash.

Whites don't need any more lessons than blacks.

Petulance is not a virtue.

Actually you do.

Your next off topic post will be reported.

Sorry about that

Thanks!

No Emily it's not about being male. Some of the fiercest warriors against white racism have been black women. Ask Gladys. This nation was built on the idea of the collective while those in the controlling collective lied to themselves about individualism. We are talking about a macro level problem and individualism is a micro level belief.

Okay IM2 so when it comes to
A. Collective groups
1. White vs. Black it's all the fault of the Whites
(except with #3 Conservatives then Black Conservatives are abusive)
2. Men vs. Women it's BOTH (as long as they are White or Conservative)
3. Conservatives vs. liberals it's the Conservatives who are oppressive (whether they are Black or White, or Men or Women)

Is this what you are saying?

B. "Individualism" vs. Individuals
1. Whites abuse and lie about "individualism" when it is used COLLECTIVELY
2. What about working one on one with people INDIVIDUALLY.
This is not the same as making blanket generalizations using "individualism"

Can we break down "individualism"
into PARTICULAR cases where a person INDIVIDUALLY either
(a) makes a FALSE GENERALIZATION lying about or abusing "individualism"
(b) is actually fair in working one on one with oneself and another person
so this is actually treating both people with equal respect as individuals

Thank you IM2

Well it won't be to hard to find them since most of them are in prison.

Must be a speed reader.

The meat of the report hasn't been posted yet and the toilet bowl crust like bearcub starts trolling.

That's probably why there's nothing to discuss here. UNLESS -- what you're saying is that THIS ONE ORG speaks for ALL black Americans, rich or poor, urban or rural, educated or not....

And in that case, you oughta serve up the MAIN COURSE (with the meat) in the OP -- if you want a discussion.. Because there's 100s of community organizing groups in Black America and not all of them "think alike"....

Before we go to the census, we will look at the

This is a annual report from the National Urban League. As of 2019, this report has been published annually for 43 years. The National Urban League is 109 years old. These numbers are evidence of just how wrong these "conservatives" are about black people. The racists here who seem to think they are the experts on blacks even as they can't figure wtf they are don't read this information.

We will start with the 2011 report.

"In this 101st year of the National Urban League, The State of Black America 2011, Jobs Rebuild America: Putting Urban America Back to Work, uses the 12-point Jobs Plan as a springboard to focus on productive solutions for bringing jobs to urban communities and to highlight the programs that we and our affiliates continue to provide for the purpose of elevating the standard of living in urban communities through economic empowerment, education and youth programs, health and quality of life, civic engagement and civil rights."

2011 Book | soba.iamempowered.com

It's over 200 pages so all the racists will make excuses as to why they can't read that much. And it is because you cannot read that much is why you are unqualified to preach your racist vomit about what blacks need to do.

Why would care about "jobs" proposals from 8 years ago?? Did they WORK SPECTACULARLY? Was everyone employed in 2012?

Must be a speed reader.

The meat of the report hasn't been posted yet and the toilet bowl crust like bearcub starts trolling.

That's probably why there's nothing to discuss here. UNLESS -- what you're saying is that THIS ONE ORG speaks for ALL black Americans, rich or poor, urban or rural, educated or not....

And in that case, you oughta serve up the MAIN COURSE (with the meat) in the OP -- if you want a discussion.. Because there's 100s of community organizing groups in Black America and not all of them "think alike"....

That's what whites like you always say when blacks say things that don't fit your narrative. You're off topic, moderator. Follow your own rules.

Before we go to the census, we will look at the

This is a annual report from the National Urban League. As of 2019, this report has been published annually for 43 years. The National Urban League is 109 years old. These numbers are evidence of just how wrong these "conservatives" are about black people. The racists here who seem to think they are the experts on blacks even as they can't figure wtf they are don't read this information.

We will start with the 2011 report.

"In this 101st year of the National Urban League, The State of Black America 2011, Jobs Rebuild America: Putting Urban America Back to Work, uses the 12-point Jobs Plan as a springboard to focus on productive solutions for bringing jobs to urban communities and to highlight the programs that we and our affiliates continue to provide for the purpose of elevating the standard of living in urban communities through economic empowerment, education and youth programs, health and quality of life, civic engagement and civil rights."

2011 Book | soba.iamempowered.com

It's over 200 pages so all the racists will make excuses as to why they can't read that much. And it is because you cannot read that much is why you are unqualified to preach your racist vomit about what blacks need to do.

Why would care about "jobs" proposals from 8 years ago?? Did they WORK SPECTACULARLY? Was everyone employed in 2012?

We are going to look at issues in the black community during this decade. There are just some things whites need to learn.

Must be a speed reader.

Dear flacaltenn
I noticed IM2 made a clear distinction in how "Black Conservatives"
treat fellow Blacks.

There is some political bias going on here, not just race.

I tried to point out a gender bias, in how MEN react to each other PERSONALLY
above and beyond just race or politics when they conflict and clash.

IM2 doesn't seem to think THAT difference or bias
is exception with "men" but "thinks it's the same with women"

He objects to the "false equivalency" that prejudiced oppressive attitudes
by whites can be compared with any such institutionalized bias with blacks
"because whites have done things no other race has done"
and "can't be compared as the same" without getting into "false equivalency"

Also, with blaming Conservatives whether White or Black
(but not so with male/female he says is the same).

Does that mean the overriding bias is POLITICAL?

Must be a speed reader.

That's what whites like you always say when blacks say things that don't fit your narrative. You're off topic, moderator. Follow your own rules.

^ Careful IM2 the rules also include not arguing about moderation
on threads ^

I like the discussion on this thread, even if some of it exceeds what you wanted. I still find it informative and helpful please don't push to exclude when you are making this very productive despite that

Can we please not argue about that so this thread and posts can all be used for discussion anyway?

Diversity of Political Affiliation

While only 2 percent of Black Census respondents identify politically as Republicans, the remainder are not all Democrats. Nearly a quarter identify as independents. About 60 percent identify as Democrats. Another 6 percent have allegiance to some other political party.

Black Census respondents are more positive toward the Democratic Party than the Republican Party, but nearly a fifth have unfavorable views toward the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has a net favorability rating (favorable percentage minus unfavorable percentage) of 43 percent, much better than the Republican Party’s net favorability rating of minus 67 percent. However, if one compares the Democratic Party’s 43 percent net favorability rating to the NAACP’s 60 percent, it becomes clear that there is room for improvement in the Democratic Party in the eyes of the respondents.

As for you people waiting for the opinions of black conservatives in the hopes they'll say something that validates what you want to believe about black people, you will probably be sorely disappointed. Furthermore no one asks any of you when you post your racism whether you ask people who are liberal or non racist. The information in this thread is about the concerns of the black community as seen by blacks. Not by ideology and certainly not issues that whites think we should consider.

Nationwide -- the percent that have ABANDONED both parties is around 46% and growing.. So there's no nothing "black" about realizing that the 2 main parties are useless and unworthy of support..

Then there's this from the methodology section of the Census...

Because traditional surveys too often erase the diverse experiences of Black people and particular segments of the Black community, the Black Census Project intentionally oversampled certain populations: Black Census respondents are younger, more likely to be female, and more likely to identify as LGBTQ+ than the Black population as a whole. The Black Census sample has a higher educational attainment than the adult Black population nationally (nearly a fifth has earned an advanced degree), yet respondents report slightly lower household income than the typical Black household and are less likely to be homeowners—factors which may be related to the relative youth of Black Census respondents. These divergences illuminate the differences within the Black community, enabling the Census to include communities that are often left out and to understand the diversity of the Black community in ways that traditional surveys often fail to capture. This section provides a look at who Black Census respondents are demographically, and how respondents compare to the national adult Black population. The Black Census respondents on average are younger than the adult Black population nationally. Respondents ranged from 18 to 99 years old (the highest allowable age entry), but had a median age of 38. The median age for the adult Black population nationally is 43.2 Nearly 60 percent of the Black Census respondents are Black women. It is widely recognized—if often taken for granted—that Black women are a crucial component of political and electoral organizing in Black communities.3 Black Census respondents are also much more likely to report being lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender than are the respondents of other surveys. Fifteen (14.5) percent of Black Census respondents report being LGBT, while in other surveys about 4 to 5 percent of the adult population of all races report the same.4 The 14.5 LGBT percentage in the Black Census does not include all of those who report “other” for their sexual orientation, or “gender non-conforming” or “different” for their gender.5 The LGBT percentage plus these other categories total 18.5 percent.

Lemme explain the significance of this.... Black America is NOT 18.5% LGBT plus "other categories".. This is like affirmative action for diversity within a diversity... And one of the implications of that is that this slants the weighting of the survey to URBAN highly leftist communities...

So THEIR interpretation is purposely SPIKING some groups for political correctness is JUSTIFIED because these groups are "usually under-represented".... Which is the truth if you're LOOKING FOR AN ACCURATE "opinion of the Black American community".. But this is not scientific or even representative of opinion on ANYTHING if you can't set up a sample population without RIGGING it for "diversity considerations".....

Forum List

Back