Theories on Why Atheists are met with Hostility

SBobo, You think too highly of yourself. I said your question wasn't worth the trouble to answer again, and again. It's a futile wast of time. You aren't looking for information, but for an argument. It get's old. How many times do you have to say, "No, God didn't murder His Son", and quote from the horse's mouth, only to revisit it again in the very next thread.
This is the Flame Zone, religious edition. Even non confrontational threads like a verse of the day, or a daily song get shit on regularly. There are no discussions, no debates, just people who hate religion going after the people who are religious. It's not pleasant or enjoyable.

Your grandmother was a wise woman. 5th grade has nothing to do with it.

It seems pretty difficult to believe that a bunch of people made up a bunch of stories about a man who never even existed. Will you admit that that theory is pretty unreasonable?

People make up stories about non existant people with extraordinary powers all of the time.

Batman
Superman

etc...

Unreasonable?

It happens more than you would think.

I must have asked a question you couldn't answer so you're leaving?

What about the Jews and Muslims and what about wha the Mormon's have to say about your sect of Christianity? Do you even know? How come they all aren't swallowing it? Don't single out us atheists. We aren't the only ones calling bullshit on the whole Jesus myth.

Chistianity started out a small cult. It spread across Europe onto the ignorant gullible and superstitious. Same as Mohammad did in the arab world. My grandmother from greece with a 5th grade education believed all the stories to be literal. So did everyone else. And they passed it onto us. Time to wake up.

No, more of dealing with moral relativism can be wearing on any sane individual.

Jews, Muslims and Mormons all created false religions that target their hatred at the deity of Christ. Why? Because Satan knows that it is the blood of the Lamb that defeated him at Calvary. You just offered yourself some more proof for why Christianity is real.

The question is, how do they define martyr deaths, I would be very interested in seeing that,

Anyway, since you cited open doors, lets see what they have to say about persecution, especially since my link was about that, not just deaths.

The question now is, do you have any more links that prove the link I posted is accurate?

I never watch videos. Please try again.

Then disregard all of history..........

These accounts are records, not someone standing at the local well saying, "Guess what I saw yesterday." These people testified. The same record was presented to the Roman legal system, and the Temple Priests. The records were given to the very people it quotes.

Holly insists there was no eyewitness. That is incorrect. You say, "don't believe their eyes".
I say, "Just what is it they say they saw"?

These accounts of what jesus did are not historical recorded events. The Roman's don't have any record of Jesus. Even if they did, they didn't see him perform any miracles or rise from the dead.

There were no eye witness' that saw Jesus do miracles or rise from the grave. Whoever made up the part about Mary being a virgin made that stuff up too. What's wrong with you?

It is all these bullshit lies that we reject, not god or Jesus. Somebody made all this stuff up 80 years after Jesus' so called Ressurection.

"The theory that Jesus never existed at all has very little scholarly support.[18][19][20][21][22]"

"There are three mentions of Jesus in non-Christian sources, which have been used in historical analyses of the existence of Jesus.[31] These are two mentions in the works of 1st-century Roman historian Josephus and one mention in the works of the 2nd-century Roman historian Tacitus.[31][32]"

Boob is an ignoramus.

Historicity of Jesus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Josephus' Antiquities of the Jews, written around 93–94 AD

So some guy 94 years AD swallowed the cool aid and that's your proof?

Yup, in terms of ancient history, that's damn near irrefutable evidence that it actually happened.

Then disregard all of history..........

These accounts are records, not someone standing at the local well saying, "Guess what I saw yesterday." These people testified. The same record was presented to the Roman legal system, and the Temple Priests. The records were given to the very people it quotes.

Holly insists there was no eyewitness. That is incorrect. You say, "don't believe their eyes".
I say, "Just what is it they say they saw"?

These accounts of what jesus did are not historical recorded events. The Roman's don't have any record of Jesus. Even if they did, they didn't see him perform any miracles or rise from the dead.

There were no eye witness' that saw Jesus do miracles or rise from the grave. Whoever made up the part about Mary being a virgin made that stuff up too. What's wrong with you?

It is all these bullshit lies that we reject, not god or Jesus. Somebody made all this stuff up 80 years after Jesus' so called Ressurection.

"The theory that Jesus never existed at all has very little scholarly support.[18][19][20][21][22]"

"There are three mentions of Jesus in non-Christian sources, which have been used in historical analyses of the existence of Jesus.[31] These are two mentions in the works of 1st-century Roman historian Josephus and one mention in the works of the 2nd-century Roman historian Tacitus.[31][32]"

Boob is an ignoramus.

Historicity of Jesus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yup, in terms of ancient history, that's damn near irrefutable evidence that it actually happened.

Because Josephus, who might I remind you probably swallowed the story and became a christian himself I'm sure because if he wrote about Jesus as a fact 94 years after the fact, then he too believed without proof that jesus did miracles. He believes the myth basically.

If he was just writing that a guy named Jesus existed and that some thought he was the Messiah and a small but growing cult came from his death, then that is possible. But he himself didn't see it in fact as the story goes only 11 guys lived to tell the story. Some say 500 saw but that's just legend/myth. No facts, no proof.

Funny too that the Greeks were smart enough even BC to write about famous Greeks, poets, phylosophers, math, science. We kept track of history and saved it for the future. The Jews did not. The Jews only started writing about Jesus 80 years after the fact? Illiterate. Perfect part of the world to start a new religion.

What sucks is that the Greeks swallowed it too. I remember in the 70's reading that Greece was like 99.9% Greek Orthodox. LOL I wonder how many really were atheists. Probably more than they thought. Us greeks are too smart to buy the Jesus stories as a literal historical events. But then again my grandparents and their grandparents and so on were not very educated and they were superstitious.

As I said, in reality, historians, archaeologists, anthropologists all pretty much accept that Jesus Christ existed based on the ancient texts upon which we have the New Testament, and the fact that the information there is independently corroborated (in this case, by Josephus...a NON-CHRISTIAN, Greek historian paid for by the Romans).

Trust me, it was not in the best interest of the Romans to perpetuate a lie about the existence of Christ.

People make up stories about non existant people with extraordinary powers all of the time.

Batman
Superman

etc...

Unreasonable?

It happens more than you would think.

Want to know what else happens more that you would think? Bigoted idiots repeating nonsense in the belief they are making a point.

Kinda sad.

Hate to point out the obvious here, but Josephus was not a Christian. He did, however, grow up watching the Christian cult grow from 12 people to being blamed for burning Rome down by Nero. In other words, it was a lot harder for him to pretend Jesus did not exist simply because he didn't like what he said.

By the way, I haven't seen you scoff at the idea that Xerxes was the king of Persia even though no contemporary records of his rule exist today. That alone tells me your beef is something other than who wrote what when. The fact that you want to pretend otherwise isn't fooling anyone outside your head.

Because Josephus, who might I remind you probably swallowed the story and became a christian himself I'm sure because if he wrote about Jesus as a fact 94 years after the fact, then he too believed without proof that jesus did miracles. He believes the myth basically.

You can remind me of that all day long, you would be wrong every single time you did so. There is absolutely no evidence that Josephus was a Christian anywhere outside your pathetic excuse for a brain. I can, however, offer examples of his writing where he proclaimed Judaism as his religion, and he even wrote an apology for his beliefs.

By they way, apology means defense, not that he was sorry for them.

If he was just writing that a guy named Jesus existed and that some thought he was the Messiah and a small but growing cult came from his death, then that is possible. But he himself didn't see it in fact as the story goes only 11 guys lived to tell the story. Some say 500 saw but that's just legend/myth. No facts, no proof.

All he wrote was that there was a cult of followers of the man named Jesus, the brother of James. He never claimed that they thought he was the messiah, so I guess that makes this entire paragraph a stupid lie.

Just what I expect from you.

Funny too that the Greeks were smart enough even BC to write about famous Greeks, poets, phylosophers, math, science. We kept track of history and saved it for the future. The Jews did not. The Jews only started writing about Jesus 80 years after the fact? Illiterate. Perfect part of the world to start a new religion.

Hate to point out the obvious here, but the Jews wrote about Jesus a lot earlier than you claim.

What sucks is that the Greeks swallowed it too. I remember in the 70's reading that Greece was like 99.9% Greek Orthodox. LOL I wonder how many really were atheists. Probably more than they thought. Us greeks are too smart to buy the Jesus stories as a literal historical events. But then again my grandparents and their grandparents and so on were not very educated and they were superstitious.

What sucks is your understanding of facts.

Boob is just verification of the stated fact that progressives, who call themselves pro-education, seem to be sadly lacking in it themselves.

Forum List

Back