The Supreme Court Deals a Harsh, Unanimous Blow to Police Reform

I want to see ALL public officials able to be sued for when they violate the civil rights of anyone. And, yes, when a case makes it to Court that is their first line of defense.
oh yeah in that case yes. But you still don’t know what it is…before it, there was an absolute bar suing Govt…soverign immunity…what qualified immunity does is allow in cases, for Govt and it’s agents to be sued

And they say there's no bias in the media.
Each of Monday’s decisions involves claims of unconstitutional force. In the first, Rivas-Villegas v. Cortesluna, officers shot a man with a “bean bag round” (actually a lead shot in cloth) twice at close range because he had a knife pointing face up in his pants pocket. The officers then kneeled on the man’s back for eight seconds.
1: Non lethal force was used to address a clear and present threat. Constitutional
2: Absent any detail, there's no argument that it is unconstitutional to kneel on a suspects back for 8 seconds.
In the second case, Tahlequah v. Bond, officers fatally shot a man because he refused to drop a hammer that he was allegedly wielding as a weapon.
So... hammers arent weapons? Far more poeple are murdered with them than 'assault weapons'.

The author starts out with "I hate police officers" and works backwards from there.

Good on the USSC.

oh yeah in that case yes. But you still don’t know what it is…before it, there was an absolute bar suing Govt…soverign immunity…what qualified immunity does is allow in cases, for Govt and it’s agents to be sued

It's the the opposite. Qualified immunity states that a cop who claims not to know that what he is doing is illegal is protected from civil action. The cops have said that if their local Courts haven't heard a case, they can ignore the results of other cases heard in other Courts. That is why there has been a steady increase in civil rights violations made by cops over the last thirty years.

license for police to violate civil rights on a whim.
That's what the "courts" as such want. Have you ever been to court for any kind of alleged offense? Ever heard of a public defender mounting an actual defense rather than a "plea bargain" with a coerced and/or induced confession?

Good grief. The laywers, judges, and cops all mow their laws and maintain white picket fences in their yards, and the prosecutor, judge, and defender are all on the same side against the defendant in every case anyways. "Justice system participants," stakeholders, and pillars of the community are all officers of the law, and they all want you off their lawn. So just pay your fines, give up your guns, do your prison time, pay your debts to the white-picket-fence society, and shut up before you get shut up. That's all that's left of liberty and justice for all in America.

It's the the opposite. Qualified immunity states that a cop who claims not to know that what he is doing is illegal is protected from civil action. The cops have said that if their local Courts haven't heard a case, they can ignore the results of other cases heard in other Courts. That is why there has been a steady increase in civil rights violations made by cops over the last thirty years.
where in the world are you getting this? Local Courts have to follow the law…are you just making things up?

This is why I will continue to support people burning things down and fighting back.

Qualified immunity will not block lawsuits and criminal penalties for police brutality if your rights are violated.

You need the read the link in the OP.

where in the world are you getting this? Local Courts have to follow the law…are you just making things up?
Local courts follow the law? I've never heard of such a thing yet from all the schools of lying thieving conniving lawyers and judges in my life, and I don't expect I will.

It's a gun-grabbing mental health adjudication and nothing else. They revoke your U.S. passport in local ass labor union city court, too.

Cops can ignore laws and court orders with total abandon and seize your money and property and throw you in jail, prison, or a psychiatric ward for any reason they like. The cops union is too powerful. Don't forget, they are armed, and we the people are not.

Forum List

Back