The "Right" to Vote: Unrestricted?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
My proposition is as follows: If an American citizen is incapable of timely registering to vote, obtaining a FREE state photo ID card, getting to the polls and casting a vote, then THEY SHOULD NOT BE VOTING.

These are not a "high bar," even collectively. There are no more "Literacy Tests," as used to be administered in some states to ensure that idiots (literally) are not voting. "We" are not required to take and pass the test that new immigrants must pass in order to be naturalized. All that is required is you register to vote, get an ID card, show up with that ID card, and cast your vote.

And yet the ENTIRE POLITICAL LEFT deems the necessaries outlined in my initial proposition to be VOTER SUPPRESSION!

And no one calls them on it.

I call, "Bullshit!" If you can't get those things done, you have no business voting. Your vote is an abomination. You are likely cancelling out someone who actually is casting a conscientious vote. And fuck you very much, to boot.

Why do rightists think that exercising a fundamental right in a democratic form of government, should never be made easier? I like the idea of voting in person....but yet when you guys start removing polling places, restricting hours and days for voting, according to the voting habits of certain demographics who don't tend to vote your way...it sure sounds like voter suppression.

And what makes you think THOSE people are the "idiots" instead of the obedient sheep that show up to the polls every single time, voting for whomever their talk radio hero tells them to?

Why do rightists think that exercising a fundamental right in a democratic form of government, should never be made easier? I like the idea of voting in person....but yet when you guys start removing polling places, restricting hours and days for voting, according to the voting habits of certain demographics who don't tend to vote your way...it sure sounds like voter suppression.

And what makes you think THOSE people are the "idiots" instead of the obedient sheep that show up to the polls every single time, voting for whomever their talk radio hero tells them to?
Maybe because we often see the left making the FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT of gun ownership more and more difficult.

Why do rightists think that exercising a fundamental right in a democratic form of government, should never be made easier?

It could not possibly be easier except to dispense with ALL requirements.

There is no fundamental "right to vote". If you believe there is, show me the text.

Now, a question: Why should anyone making a career sucking off the public teat be permitted to vote to increase their titty time? Where is the logic and benefit to the Republic in that?

Maybe because we often see the left making the FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT of gun ownership more and more difficult.
wiley-coyote-bomb-blowing-up-1-gif.950303

It's not a fundamental right.

It's a relatively MODERN INTERPRETATION of a right.

But keep on justifying voter supression.

Why do rightists think that exercising a fundamental right in a democratic form of government, should never be made easier?

It could not possibly be easier except to dispense with ALL requirements.

Untrue. That is a complete fallacy. There are "requirements" that can be maintained while making voting easier for people.

There is no fundamental "right to vote". If you believe there is, show me the text.

A right does not have to be enumerated in the Bill of Rights to be a fundamental right under the law.

Now, a question: Why should anyone making a career sucking off the public teat be permitted to vote to increase their titty time? Where is the logic and benefit to the Republic in that?

One can make all kinds of arguments against the right to vote for all kinds of groups of people they don't happen to like (won't bother to get into the nuances of the claim you made).

Let's start with people getting money from the government - or any kind of benefits with public money involved.

Among those who can't vote:
Mortgage holders
Disabled people who get disability
Social security recipients
Board members/shareholders/CEO's of companies that get any sort of corporate bailouts.
Farmers receiving agricultural subsidies.

I'm sure there are way more.

Agreed. Lets do away with background checks and taxes for guns and ammo.

Why?

Why?

Why?

The 2nd amendment is debatable as to it's interpretation. Voting is not.

In fact, it s far more fundamental than voting. Or did you miss history growing up?

In fact, it s far more fundamental than voting. Or did you miss history growing up?

Nope. I didn't miss history.

...A well regulated Militia

Nope. I didn't miss history.

...A well regulated Militia
That just proves you can't comprehend. A well-regulated militia IS EVERY ABLE BODIED PERSON in America. The SCOTUS already addressed this. Gun ownership is an INDIVIDUAL right. Guess what. Firearm ownership was and still is more fundamental a right than voting.

So, when you defend ALL of our rights, not just the ones you agree with, we'll talk. Until then, I have concerns about people who are not entitled to vote, voting in our elections.

That's complete nonsense. The right to bear arms did not come under general attack until the 1930s. It did not become an ongoing political fight until after the Kennedy assassination.

The Americans won the fight in the late 90s-early 00s. Heller simply reiterated the right as it had been recognized throughout all the nation's history.

Why?

It's in plain English. It requires no interpretation, as does none of the Constitution.

It requires only recognition of the word usage of the time it was written.

Why?

No it isnt.

Forum List

Back