The Politics of a Christmas Carol

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
It has been many years since I read Charles Dickens' story "A Christmas Carol", or watched the many very old black and white movies with horrific audio but I did again this morning out of a sense of nostalgia.

I can remember "teachers" in my youth that would put these movies on the projector, and stop them periodically to make comments about Ebeneezer Scrooge and his "greed" or his "inhumanity", and how that is what made him "bad". It was only by throwing money at people that he was somehow legitimized as a decent person.

Watching it now I realized Ebeneezer Scrooge was a democrook. He paid all the taxes he would tolerate, and when asked for charity referred solicitors to his "contributions" to government as if that alone was adequate to prove his righteousness, and if not, the "surplus population" could seek refuge in death.

Once he was "awakened" of coursed none of my "teachers" would point out that by increasing wages "Bob Cratchet" might have found new and innovate ways to be more productive or that any of the foundation of the movie was a concept of Christian faith. None of them discussed the bane of humanity beneath the robes of "The Ghost of Christmas Present" named "ignorance" and "want".

"Ignorance and "want" are the bastard step children of santa marx and his 13 gender neutral reindeer.

Western civilization did not suddenly conquer most of the world from 1800 until now because we had all the guns, it was because we followed the teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ, even the shit corrupted by popes and kings could not slow down the dominance of God's Self Sacrifice to the people He created and loves.

Communism is the bane of humanity, and I've never been more convinced in my life especially after having been working in the criminal justice field as I am now. If satan has a son, if there ever was an "anit-Christ" it is karl marx, and all of it's minions are demons.

Merry Christmas.

Dickens' writings were all extremely political. Taken in the context of when they were written, as well as now, they made significant statements about society and the dynamics that drive it.
For example, reading "A Tale of Two Cities", you would recognize the BLM and Antifa movements as they "take on" and destroy not only the societal norms but also the brutal physical destruction of people who represented those norms to them.

Time for some book burning, I guess......:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I wonder if the OP knows that the CRC cherished phrase "Merry Christmas" stems from "A Christmas Carol" as well as the whole post-puritan concept of celebrating Christmas.

It's interesting that we remember Scrooge only as a penny pinching tyrant when the story is about redemption. My favorite is the one with Alastair Sim made in the 50's. I watched a brand new FX version last night and it was more disturbing than entertaining.

It has been many years since I read Charles Dickens' story "A Christmas Carol", or watched the many very old black and white movies with horrific audio but I did again this morning out of a sense of nostalgia.

I can remember "teachers" in my youth that would put these movies on the projector, and stop them periodically to make comments about Ebeneezer Scrooge and his "greed" or his "inhumanity", and how that is what made him "bad". It was only by throwing money at people that he was somehow legitimized as a decent person.

Watching it now I realized Ebeneezer Scrooge was a democrook. He paid all the taxes he would tolerate, and when asked for charity referred solicitors to his "contributions" to government as if that alone was adequate to prove his righteousness, and if not, the "surplus population" could seek refuge in death.

Once he was "awakened" of coursed none of my "teachers" would point out that by increasing wages "Bob Cratchet" might have found new and innovate ways to be more productive or that any of the foundation of the movie was a concept of Christian faith. None of them discussed the bane of humanity beneath the robes of "The Ghost of Christmas Present" named "ignorance" and "want".

"Ignorance and "want" are the bastard step children of santa marx and his 13 gender neutral reindeer.

Western civilization did not suddenly conquer most of the world from 1800 until now because we had all the guns, it was because we followed the teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ, even the shit corrupted by popes and kings could not slow down the dominance of God's Self Sacrifice to the people He created and loves.

Communism is the bane of humanity, and I've never been more convinced in my life especially after having been working in the criminal justice field as I am now. If satan has a son, if there ever was an "anit-Christ" it is karl marx, and all of it's minions are demons.

Merry Christmas.

It truly must suck to be so tired to politics that you cannot even enjoy a good movie or book without turning it into a political talking point.

Fuck, I am glad I am not you.

It's interesting that we remember Scrooge only as a penny pinching tyrant when the story is about redemption. My favorite is the one with Alastair Sim made in the 50's. I watched a brand new FX version last night and it was more disturbing than entertaining.

I like the George C Scott one as well. Not fond of the Patrick Stewart one

Where's the corporation in Scrooge's world. Capitalists like to claim "a rising tide lifts all boats," but their corporations function like a lock-and-dam operation, "raising the water level in one compartment by lowering it in another."
drrjdejw0ay9l35.jpg

Marjorie Kelly: Divine Right of Capital

Merry Christmas.
You conservitards can spin conspiracy theories out of thin air. It's fun to watch.

Merry Christmas.
Only on USMB, folks....

Stick a holly branch up your ass, Pete.

Merry Christmas.
The donor class always has it covered "either" way. Your so called Lord Jesus Christ apparently is cool with genocide and ethnic cleansing.

Rejoice in his holy murderous name.

Merry Christmas.
The donor class always has it covered "either" way. Your so called Lord Jesus Christ apparently is cool with genocide and ethnic cleansing.

Rejoice in his holy murderous name.
No dissing the baby Jesus on December 23, Bo.

The symbolic hope and promise of a child's birth, the star that lit the heavens on the darkest day of the year and the wish for peace for all is a perfectly lovely thing to celebrate.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas.
Only on USMB, folks....

You can't deny that Mr. Feziwig was a "republican" sort of businessman who paid well, honored the Good Lord, and was run out of business by the sort of authoritarian sociopath that George Soros is, and Ebeneezer Scrooge would be.

Now that I have that holly branch up my ass where will you kiss me my good lady?

Scrooge was right.
No... he was not....

At no point in the story was Scrooge "right". He relied on government to deal with "poor" people. He wrote off his humanity with a check to the crown and demanded that he not be bothered by "Ignorance" and "Want".

Even after his "enlightenment" he threw money at people, as if that alone is what makes a person of means "virtuous".

There are boundaries between providing employment, and exploiting labor in a manner that is devoid of any compassion.

Leftists always set that boundary beyond anything they themselves are will to or capable of maintaining, so they use political whores as a buffer rather than be held accountable.

Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas.
Only on USMB, folks....

Now there's a worthwhile libstained rebuttal. Right in step with the embarrassing, do-nothing house.

Forum List

Back