The Most Dramatic Tornado Footage Ever Captured On Video!

Around 1:30 odd or so you can see it sucking the stove ash out of a chimney before it gets into the neighborhood proper.....I've heard tell of that but have never seen it.....Thanks.

kansastornadodorthy2.jpg

About 2 weeks ago, I was out doing a burn pile on a clear, sunny & calm day by OK standards. Out of nowhere, a dust devil type mini-twister just popped up in the cow pasture, smashed through some nearby roundbales of hay, hit the burn pile head on & stalled a little.
Scared the sh!+ out of me as the fire swirled up & out all over while the hot smoke, ashes & burning stuff flew all around me. I'm trying to not get burned while squinting to see through the smoke to spot any fires starting. Luckily it only stalled out for about 10 seconds before it moved on with no real damage that I couldn't quickly stomp out.
Life on the ranch in tornado alley is always interesting

As soon as those twisters pass the locals will be out scarfing up on all the free lumber!

Reed Timmer has got to be one of the most bad ass storm chasers. He's never close enough, and every tornado is exciting to him even though he's seen hundreds. I grew up watching his exploits on the TV.
I think this footage is easily the most valuable he has ever captured, its surreal watching it, almost as if you are observing a laboratory experiment, until it starts vacuuming up well built American homes at the rate of about 1.5 seconds each! The clarity is breathtaking, largely due to the near total lack of rain around the twister as it dances around Andover behaving almost like a rodeo bull just out of the gate! They will be studying this video for a long time...

Tornados have to be the scariest weather phenomenon there is.
Hurricanes while plenty scary due the the duration dont have the destructive power wind wise as a tornado.
The thing I really hate is when these storms come in at night.

The Andover Kansas twister from yesterday captured by Reed Timmer via drone, it will be studied by meteorological scientists for years to come, all the better that not one soul lost their life to it, likely an EF3 storm, perhaps EF4, perhaps the most dramatic footage ever captured, enjoy.....

Gotta admit...that's pretty, fucking dramatic.

Why do people build their homes out of wood if they live in Tornado alley's?
Because they are stupid...obviously.

Forum List

Back