"The monster want out

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
'The monster want out': Mentally ill killer amassed huge arsenal, police say - U.S. News

undefined

A Minnesota man who killed his mother with a shotgun and who has a history of mental illness managed to amass a personal arsenal in recent years, according to court documents.

In early January, police arrived at the home of Christian Philip Oberender to find the 32 year old in possession of 13 guns, including an AK-47, shotguns, and a Tommy gun, according to a complaint filed in Carver County’s 1st Judicial District Court on January 9...

“The neighbors said they made numerous calls to the sheriff’s department that a young man is out shooting a gun in the back yard,” local school superintendent David Marlette told NBC affiliate KARE. “I just think it took too long for someone to come and take his guns away.”

...“When we ran his criminal history, it wasn’t indicated that he should not be able to have firearms,” Kamerud said.

There was no record because the BCA was never given any information on Oberender, according to officials....

“I saw all kinds of psychologists and got all kinds of treatment,” Oberender told the AP. They helped him “manage my behavior and not get angry over stupid stuff,” Oberender said at the time.

Am I the only one who sees some problems with this?

"take guns away"??

Is that what we're coming to?

How many more like him are out there, quietly simmering in their own craziness?

And, that doesn't even begin to address the number of terrorists or illegals who can easily buy guns.

Forum List

Back