Brendan-Davey-_MG_8484-Edit_1398899796_lg.jpg

aurora borealis over Lake Superior, Marquette Michigan:

Shawn-Malone-_N1A8278b_1398695899_lg.jpg

Iceland:

JAsup3nAsna-AskarsdAsup3ttir-IMG_0337-2_1397439786_lg.jpg

Östersund, Sweden:

GApran-Strand-GS_20140412_Norrsken_1224_Pan_1397315656_lg.jpg

(from this site)

Morning, Jake - now afternoon. I finally slept straight through eight hours, instead of my normal 2-4 hours, get up and write, sleep another 2-4 hours. Felt Very Good.

Just once. Just for one day. *link courtesy of my daughter*

http://www.scarymommy.com/seeing-myself-in-their-eyes/

But still, while I suffer with self-doubt and self-loathing I hear people say, “You’re great!” “You’re smart!” ”You’re beautiful.”

And I’ve never believed them.

So, for one day, I just want to know what they’re saying is true.

I want to walk past a mirror and think, “You’re beautiful.” I want to have a conversation and feel smart. I want to do something spectacular to help people so that they don’t have to suffer alone. I want to have a day where, after a particularly rough day with the kids, I don’t lay in bed and think, “Tomorrow I’ll do better.”

I want that moment when my husband says, “you’re beautiful” for me not to think he’s lying for brownie points.

I want to believe my boys when they say, “you’re the best mommy ever!” because I made a grilled cheese sandwich and for me not to think about everything I’ve failed at as a mother already.

For one day… I just want to see me in their eyes.

Imperfectly perfect.

Wonderful as is.

Maybe tomorrow will be that day.

The March-like storms have passed here finally. The sun came out just long enough to set. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow.

Forum List

Back