The Chinese Communist Regime is on the Brink of ‘Disintegration,’ Says Leading China Expert

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The Chinese communist regime is heading towards disintegration and the West needs to be prepared to manage the fallout, according to a leading China scholar.

Arthur Waldron, China historian and Lauder Professor of International Relations in the Department of History at the University of Pennsylvania, made the remarks in a recent interview on The Epoch Times’ American Thought Leaders. He shared his views on the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) imminent collapse, U.S. foreign policy on China, and the relentless Hong Kong protests that have posed a major challenge to Beijing’s rule. CCP’s Disintegration

The CCP has started on a path of decline and is headed towards a similar fate as the Soviet Union when it collapsed in 1991, the professor said.

“I believe that China is in this stage of disintegration or ‘jie ti (解體)’, and it’s something that you don’t see immediately,” said Waldron.

The Chinese regime’s practice of forced organ harvesting—which results in an estimated tens of thousands of prisoners of conscience killed every year to supply its organ transplant market—and its treatment of Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities in the northwestern region of Xinjiang, made it “the most evil regime” since the Nazi Germany, Waldron said.

He recalled a conversation with an unidentified person, who is a close advisor to Chinese leader Xi Jinping.

“He said to me, Arthur, what the hell are we going to do? Everybody knows that this [political] system doesn’t work. We have reached a “si hu tong” (死胡同),” said Waldron said, explaining that the Chinese phrase means a “dead-end street.”

The advisor continued: “But what we don’t know is what is the next step to take because … there are mines everywhere and if we take a step, we may set off a terrible explosion.”

(Excerpt) Read more at theepochtimes.com ...

------------'

Arthur Waldron, like Michael Pillsbury, are two sinologists not in thrall to the Communists ruling the roost in China. I don't always agree with his assessments, but his arguments are always thought-provoking.

That's interesting. We are also disintegrating.
Same leaders in charge here which Trump is trying to fix...need another good man to follow him in 2024....Good luck with that....Where do you find another RIGHT MINDED BILLIONAIRE that cares more about this country than his pocketbook....perhaps Don Jr.?

Looks like this "expert" is just a covert us foreign policy stooge who reports a revolution, when there are 12 people demonstrating.

"About 12 people appeared wearing grocery bags over their heads, and they unfurled a banner saying “Democracy for China.
You have just seen the beginning of a river that’s going to grow and grow and grow."
Chinese Leaders Are Living in a Dangerous Illusion

That is four years ago. The only things growing in China is the treasury and the GDP.

Looks like this "expert" is just a covert us foreign policy stooge who reports a revolution, when there are 12 people demonstrating.

12 people? LOL. You must not have been paying much attention to Hong Kong the past several months. It's been more like 12,000 and growing.

12 people? LOL. You must not have been paying much attention to Hong Kong the past several months. It's been more like 12,000 and growing.
Doesn´t have anything to do with the 12 people the "expert" was talking about.
And 12000 is not that much. One million were on the streets in France recently.

The Chinese communist regime is heading towards disintegration and the West needs to be prepared to manage the fallout, according to a leading China scholar.

Arthur Waldron, China historian and Lauder Professor of International Relations in the Department of History at the University of Pennsylvania, made the remarks in a recent interview on The Epoch Times’ American Thought Leaders. He shared his views on the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) imminent collapse, U.S. foreign policy on China, and the relentless Hong Kong protests that have posed a major challenge to Beijing’s rule. CCP’s Disintegration

The CCP has started on a path of decline and is headed towards a similar fate as the Soviet Union when it collapsed in 1991, the professor said.

“I believe that China is in this stage of disintegration or ‘jie ti (解體)’, and it’s something that you don’t see immediately,” said Waldron.

The Chinese regime’s practice of forced organ harvesting—which results in an estimated tens of thousands of prisoners of conscience killed every year to supply its organ transplant market—and its treatment of Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities in the northwestern region of Xinjiang, made it “the most evil regime” since the Nazi Germany, Waldron said.

He recalled a conversation with an unidentified person, who is a close advisor to Chinese leader Xi Jinping.

“He said to me, Arthur, what the hell are we going to do? Everybody knows that this [political] system doesn’t work. We have reached a “si hu tong” (死胡同),” said Waldron said, explaining that the Chinese phrase means a “dead-end street.”

The advisor continued: “But what we don’t know is what is the next step to take because … there are mines everywhere and if we take a step, we may set off a terrible explosion.”

------------'

Arthur Waldron, like Michael Pillsbury, are two sinologists not in thrall to the Communists ruling the roost in China. I don't always agree with his assessments, but his arguments are always thought-provoking.
I've heard they haven't been as "Communist" in recent years as they were when Mao was around.

------------'

I've heard they haven't been as "Communist" in recent years as they were when Mao was around.

Becoming less and less communist since 1979

------------'

More corporatist/fascist than anything else...Like that's much of a trade.

The enervating effects of communism have taken a long time to recede. Even just 25 years ago life in China was like something 100 years ago.

------------'

first China will annex Siberia, than it will collapsed Muscovite ("russias") NorthWest Federal District Would Have Best Chance of Making It On Its Own, Ac

New Topics

Forum List

Back