The Best Albums of All Time?

Speaking of 'metal'. Have you watched the Gene Simmons TV show? I hated KISS, when it was popular ... but love his show. :lol: I even liked Ozzie's show .... but it was because he is so brain dead ... it was funny. :oops: .... I probably should have not said that, huh? :eek: That is :offtopic:

I haven't seen Gene Simmons' show, but I actually liked Kiss. They were local boys and one of my first concerts at MSG was a Kiss show. And I liked Ozzy's show, too. No one mumbles like Ozzy. And I really like Sharon.

Speaking of 'metal'. Have you watched the Gene Simmons TV show? I hated KISS, when it was popular ... but love his show. :lol: I even liked Ozzie's show .... but it was because he is so brain dead ... it was funny. :oops: .... I probably should have not said that, huh? :eek: That is :offtopic:

wow, granny...you watch "family jewels"? who woulda thunk it?

Not to belabor the point, but I saw Deep Purple on this tour (was awesome):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ6i4o79z3E&feature=related]YouTube - Deep Purple - Difficult to Cure[/ame]

Last edited:
Not to belabor the point, but I saw Deep Purple on this tour (was awesome):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IZ6i4o79z3E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IZ6i4o79z3E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nice! :)

Nice Highway Star solo too. Only 40 seconds or so:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSR7SWfHN-8&feature=related]YouTube - Jon Lord Highway Star solo[/ame]

My statement was directed at the nasty little comments made by someone else... werent' they?

You put down an entire genre of music because one person doesn't happen to agree with BS being on the "best" anything list?

And you call my comment petty and nasty?

LMFAO! Hypocritical nitwit.

Boo freakin hoo.. As I said.. I consider him a talentless hack.

By the way, if you want to know what Blackmore (of Deep Purple) is up to these days, check out this cool song by Blackmore's Night (ignore the fan-made video game video):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7n4eb0URAo]YouTube - Ocean Gypsy[/ame]

They do a lot of medieval/folk music; some spanish influence in it from time to time.

Beatles White Album.

Dr. Peppers a close second, possibly number one, as it really is more of a single event rather than just a collection of good tunes.

Can't take someone who thinks metal is music that seriously.

Thanks anyway...

im hoping that your rongue is planted firmly on your cheek. Otherwise, thats a pretty stupid statement.

Beatles White Album.

Dr. Peppers a close second, possibly number one, as it really is more of a single event rather than just a collection of good tunes.

Im more of a Rolling Stones fan than Beatles but the White album houses my all time favorite Beatles song: While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Just finished a bio of George Harrison too. Was a quick read and a bit superficial but it was interesting to read about the quiet beatle.. and the guy who wrote the song above.

[youtube]T7qpfGVUd8c[/youtube]

For me (totally and utterly subjective of course)

1. The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - because it reinvented popular music and had a really useful album sleeve :lol:

2. Cream - Wheels of Fire Live at the Fillmore - (double album but the live one is the one I'm referring to).

3. Procession - Live at Sebastian's (this is me being totally parochial) because it was the first live album ever engineered in Australia and this band were light years ahead of anyone else back then (1967/8 rock/pop/jazz fusion style).

I've noticed that metal bands all wear leather pants. What's up with that?

It's actually the pretty-boy hair bands (Europe, Firehouse, etc.) that wear leather pants, and those aren't "metal" by a long shot. You won't find bands like Metallica, Medadeth, Slayer, Accept, etc. wearing anything other than jeans, t-shirts, and occasionally flannel shirts over that.

well.. thats not totally true.. we could dig up pics of each of those bands sporting the leather.

ACCEPT? talk about "which one of these things is not like the other."

well.. thats not totally true.. we could dig up pics of each of those bands sporting the leather.

ACCEPT? talk about "which one of these things is not like the other."

What's wrong with Accept? You were likely still pulling girls pigtails when I was listening to this stuff...

besides the fact that they were one hit wonders in your list of monsters of metal?

and, to be honest, an acdc ripoff band in my opinoin.

but, i still dig a heavy metal chick so heres to ya.

[youtube]ph8kGPXOoUw[/youtube]

besides the fact that they were one hit wonders in your list of monsters of metal?

and, to be honest, an acdc ripoff band in my opinoin.

but, i still dig a heavy metal chick so heres to ya.

[youtube]ph8kGPXOoUw[/youtube]

I think they (Accept) were more "garage" sounding than AC/DC, which for some reason, I like better.. I don't care for all the studio mix crap.

My fav. album by Metallica was actually the original Garage Days..followed closely by Kill'em All.. The last album that was even tolerable by them was ...Justice. Everything after that just *sucked*. (Tho, King Nothing was a good song - how they pulled that off, I still don't know).

i totally agree on the metallica cutoff. Tho, the black album came out my freshman year and we still played enter Sandman at the HS variety show. I remember in 95 when the local radio station had a countdown to the new metallica song.. my guitarist and I were anxiously awaiting to hear this. for some reason we had to leave the car and, when we came back, quickly found the station. What we heard was Until it Sleeps and didn't realize who it was. My acutal quote was, "wouldn't it but funny if this pussy shit was the new metallica song?" Well, that joke lasted until the chorus when it was clearly Metallica. I've hated that band ever since. It's why Im such a slayer fan these days. That last Slayer album kicked all kinds of ass.

Forum List

Back