The Arab World's Dirty Secret

Marc39

Rookie
Jun 19, 2009
Wall Street Journal...
"The Arab World's Dirty Secret".

As Israelis and Palestinians prepare to visit Washington next week to begin direct peace talks, it's worth recalling what refugees the Palestinians are—in Arab countries.

Last week, Lebanon's parliament amended a clause in a 1946 law that had been used to bar the 400,000 Palestinians living in the country from taking any but the most menial jobs. "I was born in Lebanon and I have never known Palestine," the AP quoted one 45-year-old Palestinian who works as a cab driver. "We want to live like Lebanese. We are human beings and we need civil rights."

The dirty little secret of the Arab world is that it has consistently treated Palestinians living in its midst with contempt and often violence. In 1970, Jordan expelled thousands of Palestinian militants after Yasser Arafat attempted a coup against King Hussein. In 1991, Kuwait expelled some 400,000 Palestinians working in the country as punishment for Arafat's support for Saddam Hussein in the first Gulf War.

For six decades, Palestinians have been forced by Arab governments to live in often squalid conditions so that they could serve as propaganda tools against Israel, even as millions of refugees elsewhere have been repatriated and absorbed by their host countries. This month's vote still falls short of giving Palestinian Lebanese the rights they deserve, including citizenship. But it's a reminder of the cynicism of so much Arab pro-Palestinian propaganda, and the credulity of those who fall for it.

The Huffington Riposte: WHO ARE THE GREATEST PERSECUTORS OF THE PALESTINIANS? NOT ISRAEL, IT IS THE REST OF THE ARAB WORLD

• Banned
Human Rights Watch on oppression of the Palestinians in apartheid Lebanon...
Lebanon has marginalized Palestinian refugees for too long," said Nadim Houry, Beirut director at Human Rights Watch. "Parliament should seize this opportunity to turn the page and end discrimination against Palestinians."

Lebanon's estimated 300,000 Palestinian refugees live in appalling social and economic conditions - most of them in crowded camps that lack essential infrastructure.

In 2001, Parliament passed a law prohibiting Palestinians from owning property. Lebanese law also restricts their ability to work in many areas.

Labor Minister Boutros Harb told a gathering at the General Labor Federation that, "Palestinians must be granted their basic civil rights in Lebanon..."

Lebanon: Seize Opportunity to End Discrimination Against Palestinians | Human Rights Watch

all palestinians should return to their own country. why should arab neighbors do israels dirty work by allowing them to stay.

• Banned
all palestinians should return to their own country. why should arab neighbors do israels dirty work by allowing them to stay.

Pallies are Arabs, genius. Their homeland is Arabia.

Those bogus "refugees: are the most funny individuals - they ran from one country (which they never had, or owned) and want to "return" to another one. I'm most certain the japanese want to return on the Kurilo islands, grabbed by the USSR in violation of the pact. But only palestinians® (and their cheerleaders here and there) drivel about "return" with so much holy passion, that it becomes impossible to get angry with them. Instead, one starts to wonder how many mental institutions it'll take to rightfully return them to.

• Banned

FAKEestinians...

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen...
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arab American Journalist Joe Farah...
There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc. Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of 1 percent of the landmass.

Palestine has never existed -- before or since -- as an autonomous entity. It was ruled alternately by Rome, by Islamic and Christian crusaders, by the Ottoman Empire and, briefly, by the British after World War I. The British agreed to restore at least part of the land to the Jewish people as their homeland.
Myths of the Middle East

Arab Commentator Azmi Bishara...
Well, I dont think there is a Palestinian nation at all. I think there is an Arab nation. I always thought so and I did not change my mind. I do not think there is a Palestinian nation, I think its a colonialist invention - Palestinian nation. When were there any Palestinians? Where did it come from? I think there is an Arab nation. I never turned to be a Palestinian nationalist, despite of my decisive struggle against the occupation. I think that until the end of the 19th century, Palestine was the south of Greater Syria.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3n5-yG-6dU[/ame]

Wall Street Journal...

As Israelis and Palestinians prepare to visit Washington next week to begin direct peace talks, it's worth recalling what refugees the Palestinians are—in Arab countries.

Last week, Lebanon's parliament amended a clause in a 1946 law that had been used to bar the 400,000 Palestinians living in the country from taking any but the most menial jobs. "I was born in Lebanon and I have never known Palestine," the AP quoted one 45-year-old Palestinian who works as a cab driver. "We want to live like Lebanese. We are human beings and we need civil rights."

The dirty little secret of the Arab world is that it has consistently treated Palestinians living in its midst with contempt and often violence. In 1970, Jordan expelled thousands of Palestinian militants after Yasser Arafat attempted a coup against King Hussein. In 1991, Kuwait expelled some 400,000 Palestinians working in the country as punishment for Arafat's support for Saddam Hussein in the first Gulf War.

For six decades, Palestinians have been forced by Arab governments to live in often squalid conditions so that they could serve as propaganda tools against Israel, even as millions of refugees elsewhere have been repatriated and absorbed by their host countries. This month's vote still falls short of giving Palestinian Lebanese the rights they deserve, including citizenship. But it's a reminder of the cynicism of so much Arab pro-Palestinian propaganda, and the credulity of those who fall for it.

The Huffington Riposte: WHO ARE THE GREATEST PERSECUTORS OF THE PALESTINIANS? NOT ISRAEL, IT IS THE REST OF THE ARAB WORLD

The Israelis should save them by allowing them back into Palestine :clap2:

Wall Street Journal...

The Israelis should save them by allowing them back into Palestine :clap2:

Monkey Brain, Palestine does not exist. Eat a banana, Monkey Brain.

Middle East historian Bernard Lewis...
The Palestine entity, formally established and defined by Britain, was formally abolished in 1948 with the termination of the Mandate.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Islam-History-People-Events-Middle/dp/0812695186/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288144935&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Islam in History: Ideas, People, and Events in the Middle East (9780812695182): Bernard Lewis: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

The real fear for Israel is Iran, the Palestinians have largely been defeated, they can inflict random violence and terror but they can not destroy Israel, a nuclear Iran is another story.

So it would seem to me it would be in Israel's interest to allow a Palestinian state not only to cleave the largely Sunni Palestinians from Iran but as an insurance policy, any Iranian attempt to destroy Israel would take down that Palestinian state as well.

I thought the Arab World's dirty secret is that there is really no Mohammed...

Muhammad existed as evidenced by the trail of dead bodies he left in his wake.
The pagan moon god allah doesn't exist.

The real fear for Israel is Iran, the Palestinians have largely been defeated, they can inflict random violence and terror but they can not destroy Israel, a nuclear Iran is another story.

So it would seem to me it would be in Israel's interest to allow a Palestinian state not only to cleave the largely Sunni Palestinians from Iran but as an insurance policy, any Iranian attempt to destroy Israel would take down that Palestinian state as well.

Did it ever occur to you that if Iran or the 30 Arab countries and 60 Islamic countries really gave a fuck about the Pestilinians, they would have resettled them after 60 years?

Further, Pallies were offered a state at Camp David in 2000 and countless times previously, each time, rejected.

The fuckers are unable to run a state.

Last edited:
Wall Street Journal...

I was told the above by a Palestinian Arabic instructor.

I think Blacks have alot in common with Palestinians. The Dems use them as a club to bash the shit out of the GOP.

Wall Street Journal...

I think Blacks have alot in common with Palestinians. The Dems use them as a club to bash the shit out of the GOP.

Palestinians are bogus. There is no Palestine in the Quran or the Hebrew Bible or the Christian Bible or any historical document.

The Pallie excrement are just garden variety Arab trash

Palestinians are bogus. There is no Palestine in the Quran or the Hebrew Bible or the Christian Bible or any historical document.

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

You've rested your brain way too long. It's now non-functional.

End Apartheid In Lebanon!:clap2:

Human Rights Watch...
Lebanon has marginalized Palestinian refugees for too long," said Nadim Houry, Beirut director at Human Rights Watch. "Parliament should seize this opportunity to turn the page and end discrimination against Palestinians."

Lebanon's estimated 300,000 Palestinian refugees live in appalling social and economic conditions - most of them in crowded camps that lack essential infrastructure. In 2001, Parliament passed a law prohibiting Palestinians from owning property. Lebanese law also restricts their ability to work in many areas.

Labor Minister Boutros Harb told a gathering at the General Labor Federation that, "Palestinians must be granted their basic civil rights in Lebanon..."
2009, only 261 of more than 145,679 permits issued to non-Lebanese were for Palestinians. Civil society groups say many Palestinians choose not to apply because they cannot afford the fees and see no reason to pay a portion of their salary toward the National Social Security Fund, since Lebanese law bars Palestinians from receiving social security benefits. Many Lebanese employers are also unwilling to support Palestinian workers in getting a work permit.

Reforms to labor laws to end discrimination against Palestinian refugees in all professions are essential to improving their dire situation in Lebanon, Human Rights Watch said. According to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, the organization set up to address the needs of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon and elsewhere, Palestinian refugees in Lebanon have the highest proportion of special hardship cases among those in any country in the region.
An extensive study by the Norwegian social welfare research organization Fafo found that just 15 percent of adult Palestinians have employment contracts. Forced to work illegally and without legal protection, Palestinians face severe discrimination in wages and hiring. Many employers pay them less than their Lebanese colleagues, or refuse to hire Palestinians.

"If there is a work shortage, they will hire you, [but] because you're Palestinian and it's not allowed, they will pay you half," one Palestinian told Human Rights Watch. As Palestinians, he added, "We are not asking for money, we are asking for the right to work, to live in dignity.
Lebanon: Seize Opportunity to End Discrimination Against Palestinians | Human Rights Watch

Forum List

Back