The Amazing Goji Berry

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Many berries, like blueberries, have some pretty amazing health benefits, but one that is overlooked in the West is the Goji berry, which has been used for thousands of years in China for its health benefits. This is the first berry I've heard of that has specific benefits for your eyes.

Goji berries come dried, like raisins, but it's best to soak them for about 15 minutes before eating, otherwise they stick to your teeth and are generally hard to eat when dried. I add them to a smoothie I make daily, after soaking.

What science says about Goji berries.

1. Protects the eyes​

2. Provides immune system support​

Goji berries contain large amounts of vitamins A and C, similarly to other berries, including blueberries and raspberries.

3. Protects against cancer​

4. Promotes healthy skin​

Goji berries contain beta-carotene, which is an essential plant phytochemical. Beta-carotene is known for its ability to promote healthy skin.

5. Stabilizes blood sugar​

Goji berries may be helpful in controlling the release of sugar into the blood. ResearchTrusted Source from 2015 shows that goji berries balance insulin and glucose levels in the blood.

The same study linked goji berries to increased HDL levelsTrusted Source in people with type 2 diabetes. HDL is known as good cholesterol.

6. Improves depression, anxiety, and sleep​

7. Prevents liver damage​

UK's Royal Air Force pilots: bilberry. Any time TCM is invoked, IQs above 80 should start by looking around closer to home. We're no longer buying the "lure of the exotic," especially since the coming of the American-assisted Chinese communist virus, SARS2.

UK's Royal Air Force pilots: bilberry. Any time TCM is invoked, IQs above 80 should start by looking around closer to home. We're no longer buying the "lure of the exotic," especially since the coming of the American-assisted Chinese communist virus, SARS2.
WTF are you talking about?

Many berries, like blueberries, have some pretty amazing health benefits, but one that is overlooked in the West is the Goji berry, which has been used for thousands of years in China for its health benefits. This is the first berry I've heard of that has specific benefits for your eyes.

Goji berries come dried, like raisins, but it's best to soak them for about 15 minutes before eating, otherwise they stick to your teeth and are generally hard to eat when dried. I add them to a smoothie I make daily, after soaking.

1. Protects the eyes​

Goji berries contain large amounts of vitamins A and C, similarly to other berries, including blueberries and raspberries.

Goji berries contain beta-carotene, which is an essential plant phytochemical. Beta-carotene is known for its ability to promote healthy skin.

Goji berries may be helpful in controlling the release of sugar into the blood. ResearchTrusted Source from 2015 shows that goji berries balance insulin and glucose levels in the blood.

The same study linked goji berries to increased HDL levelsTrusted Source in people with type 2 diabetes. HDL is known as good cholesterol.

Better than acai? better than miracle berry? better than whatever berry was before that?

More powerful than ginseng! Able to leap tall date palms in a single bound!

Look, up in the sky! It's a durian! It's a jackfruit!

No, it's another marketing scheme!

1. Protects the eyes​

1. is the first pathology we will expose. The "lure of the exotic" for TCM is that it tries to boast without defining the mixture its boasting about. We can see this come through in 1. 'Conclusion....the mechanism of action is unclear, given the lack of relationship between changes in plasma zeaxanthin and change in macular characteristics.' So did they use a mixture in study 1. or did they not? If they did, their argument is flaccid scientifically. If they did not, they obviously admit that the mechanism of action is in doubt. This is the fundamental serious pathology of TCM.

No, it's another marketing scheme!
A "marketing scheme" that has only been around for thousands of years, before there even was such a thing as "marketing".

When you are analyzing health benefits of various foods, the winners are those who have stood the test of time.

1. is the first pathology we will expose. The "lure of the exotic" for TCM is that it tries to boast without defining the mixture its boasting about. We can see this come through in 1. 'Conclusion....the mechanism of action is unclear, given the lack of relationship between changes in plasma zeaxanthin and change in macular characteristics.' So did they use a mixture in study 1. or did they not? If they did, their argument is flaccid scientifically. If they did not, they obviously admit that the mechanism of action is in doubt. This is the fundamental serious pathology of TCM.
I've given you links to various medical studies, why are you asking me? Go read them for yourself.

OP's study, point 1. states 'zexanthin' and thus the bilberry rivalry includes a fungus:

Sep 2019 Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) / Zeaxanthin
'....Ganoderma lucidum....anthocyanosides....'

The anthocyanosides likely greatly assist 'increased function of the macular pre-ganglionic elements.' What does goji claim for influencing these elements, and what constituents are being cited as responsible?

OP's study, point 1. states 'zexanthin' and thus the bilberry rivalry includes a fungus:

Sep 2019 Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) / Zeaxanthin
'....Ganoderma lucidum....anthocyanosides....'

The anthocyanosides likely greatly assist 'increased function of the macular pre-ganglionic elements.' What does goji claim for influencing these elements, and what constituents are being cited as responsible?
Both plasma zeaxanthin level and antioxidant capacity increased significantly in the LWB group, by 26% and 57%, respectively, but did not change in the placebo group.

A "marketing scheme" that has only been around for thousands of years, before there even was such a thing as "marketing".

When you are analyzing health benefits of various foods, the winners are those who have stood the test of time.
The berry may have been, the company that wants you to buy them hasn't.

Forum List

Back