Texas Rep. Gohmert to challenge Boehner for House speaker post

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Oh yeah, that's just what we need. I'm all for getting rid of Boehner, but this guy is a loon to the nth degree.

Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert said Sunday that he will challenge House Speaker John Boehner for his post when Congress returns this week to Washington.

Gohmert, among the House Republican caucus’ most conservative members, made the announcement on “Fox and Friends,” saying he decided to run after Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla., said Saturday that he would challenge Boehner for the chamber’s top post.

“We have heard from a lot of Republicans that said, ‘I would vote for somebody besides speaker Boehner.’ But nobody will put their name out there,” Gohmert said. “That changed yesterday with Ted Yoho.”

Texas Rep. Gohmert to challenge Boehner for House speaker post Fox News

Oh yeah, that's just what we need. I'm all for getting rid of Boehner, but this guy is a loon to the nth degree.

Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert said Sunday that he will challenge House Speaker John Boehner for his post when Congress returns this week to Washington.

Gohmert, among the House Republican caucus’ most conservative members, made the announcement on “Fox and Friends,” saying he decided to run after Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla., said Saturday that he would challenge Boehner for the chamber’s top post.

“We have heard from a lot of Republicans that said, ‘I would vote for somebody besides speaker Boehner.’ But nobody will put their name out there,” Gohmert said. “That changed yesterday with Ted Yoho.”

alwaysgetworse.png

No party is going to elect as their leader - the second in line to become President - someone who was not elected by the people, nor someone without HofR voting privileges.

That is just stupid to think they would ever do so.

That's why it never happened, nor would it ever.

Last edited:
Gohmert makes me cringe and want to look away. Just shameful that he has managed to gerrymander his way into a lifetime of govt welfare.

He's s-o-o-o-o dumb.

Will he run for prez next?

Boehner is an impotent drunk but he's politically savvy. Gohmert can't compete with him.

Elections have consequences. If you support the other side, you really don't have a say.

Ok, when I saw the title, I was SURE you were joking or quoting the Onion.

But I see that this is real....

excuse me for a second...

rofl_logo.jpg

One does not have to be a member of Congress to be Speaker of the House..
No, one doesn't. But it would never happen.

Name one time a Speaker of the House was not a Member of Congress.

I'll help: Zip.

Righto!

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Article I, Section 2 of the United States Constitution, which states in part, "The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker..." ...

...The Constitution does not require that the Speaker be an elected House Representative, though all Speakers have been an elected Member of Congress

Forum List

Back