Story idea

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
So this story starts in the main character's childhood. He witnesses Imperial police be horrible to his best friend who is an alien. They are portrayed as dumb violent anti alien brutes. This fills the main character with rage and passion. When he is old enough he joins the Rebellion/Resistance and becomes an awesome soldier and X-Wing pilot. He participates in several battles and he is responsible for turning the tide in many of them. He receives the highest awards. At the end of the movie he fights the Imperial officer who hurt his friend now promoted to general or commander of a star destroyer and defeats him in an epic showdown.

Would this storyline be too controversial?

I was thinking the plot would remind people of police brutality.

I want to see an "chivalrous hero" take down a violent fascist thug.

That is a fine story there, fella! So, Luke Skywalker's thug negro pal gets shot by a white cop. Then years later Skywalker battles said cop. Yeah, great. Maybe you can market the script to inner city retards.

Where will the "epic battle" between Skywalker and the bad cop take place? In the rebel biased media? Maybe the Empire's liability carrier will just pay the alien decedent's family the nuisance value of their wrongful death claim and they will go away happy? Then Skywalker can write a touchy feely book about his feelings with a rebel ghost writer, pimp it on rebel talk shows, and cash in on the grave injustice of seeing his alien buddy gunned down while on a PCP fueled rampage down the middle of a city street.

Dude, you need to put this idea out there on a start up website. People will be donating funds in droves for this masterpiece!

So this story starts in the main character's childhood. He witnesses Imperial police be horrible to his best friend who is an alien. They are portrayed as dumb violent anti alien brutes. This fills the main character with rage and passion. When he is old enough he joins the Rebellion/Resistance and becomes an awesome soldier and X-Wing pilot. He participates in several battles and he is responsible for turning the tide in many of them. He receives the highest awards. At the end of the movie he fights the Imperial officer who hurt his friend now promoted to general or commander of a star destroyer and defeats him in an epic showdown.

I am doing a spy book now. My second book.

Your idea seems a bit out of the universe to me.

Shadow 355

Science fiction generally allows a lot more leeway in a story because it is removed from direct comment on things. The same goes for cartoons, much easier to 'say' something without it being too controversial. The first Star Trek series in the 60s was in fact a vehicle for Gene Roddenberry to tell morality stories disguised as stories about the future.

Forum List

Back